Carly Rae Jepsen - "Beach House"

Supervillain

I love this honestly, it is extremely catchy, euphoric, fun and hilarious in the best way possible. One of the things that I love about her is that all music that she makes has a spirit and personality to it and she will never deliver a bland track. It feels fresh and interesting.

I am pretty sure this will be that one track on the album that sticks out a bit from the rest, but she usually has one of those on her albums so I don't mind. It is not for everyone though and I definitely see how someone could dislike it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• ChristerD

• Sazare

• ryoncé

This is interesting. I actually don't hate it but it is a very bizarre single choice. :skull: 

One of the worst songs she's ever done. A step down from the quality that Dedicated brought to her discography. I hope the rest of the album does not sound like this or display this lyrical immaturity that is honestly the most surprising.

Thankfully, I think Western Wind makes up for it by a lot.

Edited by Gladiator

Major DNCE vibes. Too short, and I wish she had sung more of it.

Catchy though.

2 hours ago, mystery said:

I think the reception of Dedicated was pretty good, though I do seem to recall some people expecting another Emotion being disappointed a bit (which is why they can't seem to shut up about Disco Sweat). To me personally Dedicated is by far her best album, its sound is unique and there is not a single track I hate. 

Emotion is overrated as **** in her discography.

E•MO•TION is far from overrated and tbh it’s still underrated for never receiving its flowers in regards to awards. This album actually got Carly the stan base and casual fan base she has now. 

Dedicated made a slight splash but honestly suffered from what this era is suffering from which is lukewarm to bad pre-singles. 

She really just had to release the bop and a ballads then we’d be tuning in waiting for more but people aren’t really hyped from what I’ve seen on various music forums. I know she won’t let me down but this is just not it, mama. 

6 minutes ago, stevenisFADING said:

E•MO•TION is far from overrated and tbh it’s still underrated for never receiving its flowers in regards to awards. This album actually got Carly the stan base and casual fan base she has now. 

Dedicated made a slight splash but honestly suffered from what this era is suffering from which is lukewarm to bad pre-singles. 

She really just had to release the bop and a ballads then we’d be tuning in waiting for more but people aren’t really hyped from what I’ve seen on various music forums. I know she won’t let me down but this is just not it, mama. 

That was just me stating my own personal opinion on Emotion. I understand why it has the status it has, I am just explaining that to me personally Dedicated is the superior work. 

Dedicated had excellent singles that build up to the album in a nice way. The reason some people were disappointed with Dedicated is because they wanted Emotion 2 or even worse Disco Sweat (which sounded like her backing herself in a corner)

Western Wind is also an amazing song and I am very glad she choose not to open her era with a generic bop (which is what seems to be what everyone wants from her). The two songs from this era so far tell me that she is still playing around and crafting new things, not going backward. The moment she decides to go backwards with her sound and work is the moment she loses it. 

I usually like CRJ but i agree with the user that said this sounds like a skit

I tried to see what y'all see but this only gets worse with each listen :dies: I'm glad the album isn't like this

5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I tried to see what y'all see but this only gets worse with each listen :dies: I'm glad the album isn't like this

Really curious which song would be between this + Western Wind.

9 minutes ago, zach said:

Really curious which song would be between this + Western Wind.

A mesmerizing mid tempo, the album doesn't feel very cohesive but it flows well

Unknown User

Pretty cute. She's at that point in her career where she can do whatever she wants ig

9 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

A mesmerizing mid tempo, the album doesn't feel very cohesive but it flows well

Queen of serving diversity, but not at the expense of a good flow :jonny5:

Considering there isn’t really a proper cover for this song, I’m assuming that it’s just a preorder single and not the official 2nd single?

I loved it. Too short but the lyric feels complete, which is great.

10 minutes ago, zach said:

Considering there isn’t really a proper cover for this song, I’m assuming that it’s just a preorder single and not the official 2nd single?

I kinda hope so. I really need there to be another single before the album drops. Push the banger, pls. 

8 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

This is fun! Not her best but it bops.

Question for people who follow CRJ: did people enjoy Dedicated or were they generally disappointed? I don’t remember it making much noise but I know Emotion is a classic in gay culture, so I would expect Dedicated to have been more discussed. I haven’t gotten around to listening to it, just Party for One, but I really enjoyed that one. 

I love dedicated and it's side B, I consider them to be better than Emotion, with side B being the best of the bunch. The soundscape she created on D+ >>> E+, it feels more expansive and warm and with more personality too. Emotion is great but pales in comparison  

for a second I thought it was a gag song or a bad rip where the DJ tagged the song.

But got better after the initial shock

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.