• Gwendolyn

• Horizon Flame

• Attitude

• orange22

16 minutes ago, Moon said:

Male Skew HBOMAX son or Female Skew Discovery + daughter 

nnnnnnnnnnnnn you did not :bibliahh:

And Just Like That son or Shark Week daughter 

Well, at least it looks like they didn't outright say Discovery+ is the new name.

There's still a chance HBO remains the main brand, I believe.

GP will never spend money on a thing called "Discovery+" to watch acclaimed tv series/movies, you don't need a marketing team to tell you this, now c'mon now :rip: They have to know it :rip:

HBO probably has the broadest gender appeal, why would you try to make it more restricted? :skull: If anything, it probably has more women watching.

Also, since when does Discovery Channel content appeal to women? :huh: I guess they have some lifestyle channels too, but generally Discovery channels don't. Am I missing something?

32 minutes ago, magazine said:

Well, at least it looks like they didn't outright say Discovery+ is the new name.

GP will never spend money on a thing called "Discovery+" to watch acclaimed tv series/movies, you don't need a marketing team to tell you this, now c'mon now :rip: They have to know it :rip:

HBO probably has the broadest gender appeal, why would you try to make it more restricted? :skull: If anything, it probably has more women watching.

Also, since when does Discovery Channel content appeal to women? :huh: I guess they have some lifestyle channels too, but generally Discovery channels don't. Am I missing something?

I feel like TLC programming is geared towards women 

8 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I feel like TLC programming is geared towards women 

Yeah, that's their typical "women channel". I think they also own Food Network.

But other than that, I only know things like the Discovery Channel itself, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Science. I even remember watching their car channel Discovery Turbo years ago.

Isn't that content usually tagged for the male audience?:dies:

Unless they just don't put that type of content on D+? Does it only have TLC reality-shows? :rip:

Ahh yes the two genders, HBO Max and Discovery+

1 hour ago, magazine said:

Could be wrong but I feel pretty confident that even if they choose to be dumb and don't just stick with HBO Max as main name/brand that it definitely won't be replaced by Discovery+ :rip:

kfh2rek2nrf91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Honestly, as long as the HBO catalogue, Max original series, and movie collection stays in tact, I'll probably still remain subbed even if I have to sift through some Discovery trash (prob downgrade to an ad tiered plan if prices are too steep tho). I don't get why they don't just keep both services separate and do bundle plans like Disney but oh well. 

Edited by GeminiCat

They should at least have the decency to offer refunds to those of us who signed up for a whole year :rip:

Mess, people need to stop twitching these trashy reality TV shows, no wonder China is taking over!

11 hours ago, GeminiCat said:

Honestly, as long as the HBO catalogue, Max original series, and movie collection stays in tact, I'll probably still remain subbed even if I have to sift through some Discovery trash (prob downgrade to an ad tiered plan if prices are too steep tho). I don't get why they don't just keep both services separate and do bundle plans like Disney but oh well. 

SAME!

Discovery+ is only like $4.99 so if anything the new service will probably be like $19.99 which I guess is reasonable given all the content. But yeah, idc for anything Discovery+ has, but as long as Max originals are staying I’ll be content. 

I will be pissed if the TCM hub disappears. I hope it's more like a merger rather than them axing content.

Someone needs to stop David Zaslav.

Apple TV+ will probably be my favorite now. 

Oop I guess Netflix is still holding the title for the best streaming service

So should I cancel or Not? Details! 

2 minutes ago, LatinFreak said:

So should I cancel or Not? Details! 

The OP probably should've updated the title since they announced they're not getting rid of scripted shows. :deadbanana4:

So is TSLOCG safe or do I have to cancel my subscription? :celestial5:

I hate that they’re cutting down on animation. Harley Quinn and Young Justice are some of the reasons I have the service in the first place

Although there is much quality with their shows, most shows on HBOMax are flops. 

-They need a franchise that will stick. A few. (Songs of Ice and Fire likely)

-They're programs are TOO adult. Why so many unnecessary nude scenes? 

-Their marketing sucks badly outside of House of the Dragon.

This is so weird? Wasn't HBO Max doing really well?

3 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

Although there is much quality with their shows, most shows on HBOMax are flops. 

-They need a franchise that will stick. A few. (Songs of Ice and Fire likely)

-They're programs are TOO adult. Why so many unnecessary nude scenes? 

-Their marketing sucks badly outside of House of the Dragon.

House of Dragon isnt HBO Max but HBO (correct me tho)

I like their adult content honestly its their niche i guess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.