• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gwendolyn

• Horizon Flame

• Attitude

• orange22

Um.. Hacks? dd

And HBOMax is the only streaming service with a wide array of classic films. Betting those will be lost on Discovery Plus to make room for ten more 90 Day Fiancé spinoffs…

The Flight Attendant :rip:

Harley Quinn :rip:

Movies I didn't want to watch in the theater :rip:

After shelving the Batgirl movie, I don’t know what else to expect anymore from this merger. :rip:

That'd be an interesting self sabotage.

Oh well we still got HBO.

I thought HBO Max was considered a success?

They just debuted PLL: Original Sin tho :rip: If true does that mean it wouldn't be on streaming only cable? :psyduck:

Yeah, this is self sabotage if it turns out to be true. David Zazlav will overtake Bob Chapek as worst CEO. What a disaster.  

That literally wouldn't make sense, no one cares about the Discovery brand :rip: Probably fake.

The boomer CEO really thinks people are going to pay for reality garbo just because some clips of their shows go viral on tiktok :deadbanana2::redface:

How would this make one iota of sense? HBOMax is still new and they've seen so much success already. What? :rip:

2 minutes ago, orange22 said:

We knew that since forever. I don't think that's what the tweet is talking about.

Discovery and HBO merging shouldn't be a problem.

What doesn't make sense is to make Discovery the main brand and having an HBO "tab" :rip: At least, that's what I understood from the OP (I might be wrong).

HBO is clearly the more premium brand (plus, much more known with the GP right now), so the logical decision should be Discovery getting a tab inside of HBO Max, while keeping its business as usual. If there's anything that should be getting cut is the Discovery shows :gaynetcat4:

The more logical decision would've been to just have HBO Max and Discovery+ be a bundle like how Disney+/Hulu are. I find this idea so insane to actually be true. HBO Max's content is so acclaimed, they received the most Emmy nominations this year over every other streaming service. So to basically throw all that down the drain sounds ludicrous. Hopefully WB's shareholders steps in and acknowledges how this is basically career suicide. 

Mess. I’ve been enjoying the Gossip Girl reboot but I doubt this is good news for that

12 minutes ago, magazine said:

We knew that since forever. I don't think that's what the tweet is talking about.

Discovery and HBO merging shouldn't be a problem.

What doesn't make sense is to make Discovery the main brand and having an HBO "tab" :rip: At least, that's what I understood from the OP (I might be wrong).

HBO is clearly the more premium brand (plus, much more known with the GP right now), so the logical decision should be Discovery getting a tab inside of HBO Max, while keeping its business as usual. If there's anything that should be getting cut is the Discovery shows :gaynetcat4:

The tweet from Grace is a lot of speculation. But the services are going to eventually combine & Discovery’s focus has always been reality tv…and Discovery is in charge 

Edited by orange22

37 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

And HBOMax is the only streaming service with a wide array of classic films.

!!!! I just watched The Big Sleep on there last night :biblio: (great film btw!)

I mean combine them, sure, but HBOMax is probably the only service right now that doesn’t get any complaints for content. a wouldn’t be surprised though considering how incompetent WM is.

6 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

The more logical decision would've been to just have HBO Max and Discovery+ be a bundle like how Disney+/Hulu are. I find this idea so insane to actually be true. HBO Max's content is so acclaimed, they received the most Emmy nominations this year over every other streaming service. So to basically throw all that down the drain sounds ludicrous. Hopefully WB's shareholders steps in and acknowledges how this is basically career suicide. 

This, what an absolutely moronic decision if it's a complete fold/merge...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.