Beyoncé removes Kelis sample from ENERGY

Lovett

If this heavily litigous climate in the music industry continues you're gonna see more of this -- editing of music millions of people are already listening to (and that hundreds of thousands have hard copies of that can still be accessed or pirated) :skull: It's so dumb

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Lovett

• BnPac

• Blue G

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, James_Dean said:

She wasn't :deadbanana4: it's all going to Pharrell 

I've literally already clarified this for you. :rip: Kelis was given an additional credit on the song (despite not owning any of "Milkshake") so that she'd receive royalties. This credit has now been removed.

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

She wasn't :deadbanana4: it's all going to Pharrell 

But Pharrell wrote the song, Beyoncé can not give Kelis a credit on a song when she's not listed as a writer or in publishing. That's not an excuse that Beyoncé can resolve. What kind of argument is that? :rip:

I can't tell the difference either :psyduck:

7 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It was a minor drum beat that was sampled. This has now been removed from the version on all streaming services. The sample was so minor that it's not even noticeable, which is the biggest kii of this whole situation. :toofunny3:

The way girl thrown in everything from satanism to power tantrums because of this :lmao:

I think it might be false? They are still credited on Spotify 

Edited by Shelter

The fact that the song sounds the same is the funniest part of this 

But I am not sure how true this is because my version sound the same. It's still the same on Spotify. 

All this mess over something barely noticeable :rip: 

23 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I guess Kelis returns to making no money from her song.

Kelis wasn't making ANYTHING off the song, but newsflash to Beyonce she still has to pay up because it remains on the CD's that are in stores and have already been sold. Hopefully Kelis still sues.

5 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

No, Beyoncé had given Kelis an additional credit on ENERGY (despite Kelis not owning any of "Milkshake") specifically so that she would make royalties. Robin S. wasn't given a credit on BMS. It's not the same.

That credit is meaningless, the royalties still go to Pharrell and Chad only because they're still the only credited songwriters of the song and royalties from samples go to the songwriters.

And again, Kelis never wanted Beyonce to cut her a check, it was never about money. It was about respect.

I think she just removed Kelis’ performer credit because the song still sounds the same which would be HILARIOUS 

1 minute ago, JustHoran said:

Hopefully Kelis still sues.

What exactly would she be suing over? Receiving credit for a song that she's not a listed writer or producer of? :rip:

2 minutes ago, G'Day said:

You can’t tell the difference because it was never a noticeable sample to begin with. Kii at this already being the second change to the album so far though :deadbanana2:

It was very noticable to Kelis and her fans

Good. Now she and her sister can stop harassing and taunting Beyonce through their business pages and the urban blogsphere. If she continues, she'll look even more foolish and will officially **** her bag.

No one with sense will ever take her side on this. Everyone in the industry knows that song was meant for Britney and it went to her cause she didn't want it. She did not write or produce that song. So the anger over the sample was misplaced. 

Oh wow rihanna fading tease 

at least the original fading is on Spotify (for some reason :rip: ) 

3 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

I think she just removed Kelis’ performer credit because the song still sounds the same which would be HILARIOUS 

The way Bey threw that lady a bone by giving her a writing credit and she found a way to get herself removed :ahh:And the best part is she can't do ANYTHING about it since she was never credited on the original song :ahh:

2 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

All four of them!

I love how threads like this reads like 15 people having different conversations like a room of ignoring each other while overhearing the same conversation next to them.

1. It was the worst song on the album

2. It sounds almost exactly the same

3. This controversy only helped to drive interest in the record.

The energy outro did help me appreciate BMS more though, the future #1 hit. :gaycat2:

5 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

no, it wasnʻt.