Diane Warren: How can there be 24 writers on a song?

mariahcarey

All I wanna say about this is I know The-Dream ain’t trying Diane. Lmao. Stay in your lane, boy. 

Renaissance is amazing. Let’s celebrate that. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *-ChriZ-*

• Lovett

• Dreajae

• Luckitty

9 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

How moronic and sheer IDIOTIC do u have to be to think 24 actual people sat down and wrote 1 song (by/for an URBAN singer at that) as a Songwriter yourself?

Exposing her 10 IQ like that.

How ironic for you to be commenting on someone's IQ when you can't use the term sheer idiocy correctly.

How was she supposed to figure out Beyonce sampled 4 different songs on a 3 minute track lmao.

The way this conversation make me scream :ahh:

6 hours ago, Dreajae said:

Exactly. Diane has a current lawsuit where she's accused of lifting a song during the 1980s. It was much easier to get away with lifting meoldies and lyrics unchecked. Pharell, an actual writer and producer changed the game for literally everyone invovled when he got caught stealing Marvin Gaye. 

So I'm really dissapointed that she could be so outright passive and nasty, only to use her Karen power's once called out. 

How is she in trouble for plagiarism and be shady about this at the same time? :deadbanana4:

Looks like she can't do everything herself either

3 hours ago, Insanity said:

How is that comment victimizing yourself :rip:

She literally responded with "please don't be mean" as if she wasn't the one who went on Twitter and posted repeatedly shady tweets directed at someone. As soon as she's called out on it it's "please don't be mean!!!11". That is Karen behaviour 101.

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

She literally responded with "please don't be mean" as if she wasn't the one who went on Twitter and posted repeatedly shady tweets directed at someone. As soon as she's called out on it it's "please don't be mean!!!11". That is Karen behaviour 101.

oh i only saw the original  tweet

51 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

How is she in trouble for plagiarism and be shady about this at the same time? :deadbanana4:

Looks like she can't do everything herself either

You do realise that anyone can try to sue anyone…?

She hasn’t lost the lawsuit. 

2 hours ago, Breathin said:

How ironic for you to be commenting on someone's IQ when you can't use the term sheer idiocy correctly.

How was she supposed to figure out Beyonce sampled 4 different songs on a 3 minute track lmao.

I used an adjective tho, not a noun? 

Also, if u wanna comment on things u have no clue about as a person in the industry, how about u inform urself first?

28 minutes ago, Pud said:

You do realise that anyone can try to sue anyone…?

She hasn’t lost the lawsuit. 

Lol 

While I understand she is not asking the right question, and the explanation for it is perfectly reasonable I will say that the whole sampling other songs and sounds dinamic to be creative is getting tired.

at least Renaissance is still fantastic work though. 

3 hours ago, Insanity said:

How is that comment victimizing yourself :rip:

Because Dream didn't say anything mean or disrespectful towards her. Why would she insinuate there's any hostility in Dreams tone? 

She tried it. She should stand on it. Enough people are already up her ass to back her because they don't like Beyonce. Then she Bey. Yall call shade over far less. 

5 hours ago, phreshprince said:

I guess her and Beyonce have 1 thing in common… next!

Yes. They can both be nominated in the same Oscar category and still lose. Twinsies. But she thinks she's the authoritative leader over songwriting due to a few hits from 25 years ago.

The industry isn't what it once was. There's a clear reason why Beyonce would intentionally credit as many as 300 people on this album. And instead of critical thinking, people would rather go low and attack one woman. 

18 hours ago, Shelter said:

She needs singers or she is nothing without them. 

And plenty of singers are nothing without song writers, including Beyonce...

On 8/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, Patient Zero said:

She's a songwiter, while others are superstars

lZlumxY.png

I rather be a paid songwriter 

21 hours ago, St. Francis said:

The use of samples or multiple ones was mainly used in Hip-Hop back in the day. Renaissance isn't a Hip-Hop record and whatever song has 24 writers on it, it still seems excessive regardless of whether samples were used or not unless multiple songs were sampled in one track which I doubt is the case with Renaissance.

Diane should've kept her comments to herself, but The-Dream talking down on her as if she's some aloof critic and not a legendary songwriter is pretty cringe.

It's also lazy to bring race into the equation as an attempt to shut down conversation when her comments - however misguided they seem, showed little signs of micro-aggressions. It is typical of that fanbase to shout racism anytime someone dares to not say something positive about their fave so no surprise really. 

I’m assuming you didn’t listen to the album because there’s definitely hip hop influence all over the album & multiple songs are definitely sampled on some songs. 

19 hours ago, Breathin said:

By searching the internet for 45 seconds. :redface:

Edited by Fanta

People like her should lose their Jobs right away. I will never understand how u can be a professional for decades in an industry and be so wrong. Theres literally only one way to explain this: Like a User on TikTik pointed out, she KNOWS and she still decided to act oblivious and shady which makes this act hateful and thus disrespectful

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

54 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

People like her should lose their Jobs right away. I will never understand how u can be a professional for decades in an industry and be so wrong. Theres literally only one way to explain this: Like a User on TikTik pointed out, she KNOWS and she still decided to act oblivious and shady which makes this act hateful and thus disrespectful

Anyone who doesn’t agree is probably just a circle jerking OBH tbh. :giraffe:

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

ikr?

https://i.giphy.com/media/MfFcgkdZPzLrF62l7q/200.webp

8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Anyone who doesn’t agree is probably just a circle jerking OBH tbh. :giraffe:

Time to delete I Was Here me thinks :fan:

I think people also forget the fact that songs flow into others so the samples, writers and producers of Cozy alone are also credited on Alien Superstar. 

Anyway I think the worst part is how coward she is. Pretending like she wasn't talking about Beyoncé when she was clearly talking and shading her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.