Diane Warren: How can there be 24 writers on a song?

mariahcarey

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *-ChriZ-*

• Lovett

• Dreajae

• QueenBLadyG

I mean I am curious as to how many of these names come from samples and how many worked directly at Rena. It does seem like a lot of people. 

Edited by brazil

7 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Not The Dream having "Music Icon" as part of his Twitter name :rip: The ego and megalomania of everyone associated with Beyonce is just.... no wonder she's surrounded by yes people and no one had the guts to tell her the album sucks.

Diane shouldn't have backed down, she did not lie. The album is dog **** so it's not like those samples did anything either. Maybe if they hadn't relied on tired, overused samples like "I'm Too Sexy", "I Feel Love" and "Show Me Love" they could've come up with better music. IASF has practically no samples and it has her most well-known and beloved songs for a reason. It's not Diane's fault that The Dream is creatively bankrupt at this point and had to run to the most overused 90s house sample to try to get the lead single. And it's not even the best usage of it this year, Charli's "Used to Know You" ate it up.

She just LOVES to give credit even if she didn’t have 

her having to backtrack after the lashings :ahh:

19 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Not The Dream having "Music Icon" as part of his Twitter name :rip: The ego and megalomania of everyone associated with Beyonce is just.... no wonder she's surrounded by yes people and no one had the guts to tell her the album sucks.

Diane shouldn't have backed down, she did not lie. The album is a mess it's not like those samples did anything either. Maybe if they hadn't relied on tired, overused samples like "I'm Too Sexy", "I Feel Love" and "Show Me Love" they could've come up with better music. IASF has practically no samples and it has her most well-known and beloved songs for a reason. It's not Diane's fault that The Dream is creatively bankrupt at this point and had to run to the most overused 90s house sample to try to get the lead single. And it's not even the best usage of it this year, Charli's "Used to Know You" ate it up.

Beyonce literally didn’t even sample “Show me Love” on Break My Soul, but still gave credit….and not you trying to use critically panned album IASF as a shinning example of what her albums should be like :rip:

She didn't lie :michael: it's kind of embarassing some of the users in here trying to one up her when she's a certifiable legend.

Beyoncé is enormously talented. 24 songwriters for one song is excessive at times... Both of these things can be true at the same time.

9 minutes ago, inmymendes said:

Why are a bunch of gay men quoting and dragging Diane Warren on twitter? please log off and find friends. Y’all know Diane Warren is an acclaimed SONGWRITER who has written multiple classics and Beyoncé just sings songs that were written for her by 24 white men

Her writing camps are mostly black women gtfo misogynistic racist oaf

Better a good well written  song than a garbage convoluted mess, void of comprehension because you want to be seen as a writer. 

Edited by L.B GAGA

What Beyonce song has 24 writers on it?

Nevermind it must be Alien Superstar. The has 2 songs samples and a interpolates from Right Said Fred "I'm so sexy". All writers were credited. She also credited the producer and co-producers.

I'm not seeing the problem. Seems like her team doesn't want a Blurred Lines lawsuit.

Edited by Stellar1103

Nawt her backing down all of a sudden :bibliahh:weak ahh b!tch

This whole safe was just…

her trolling backfired so that’s good to see :clap3:

I always think about how Savage went from four writers to nine on the Remix. 

it's just music, it is supposed to make us entertain. for me I don't care who writes the songs and who produces 

who cares

I think 24 writers is a lot but also a lot of pop writing works this way now. You have groups of people writing songs together, you have producers also altering the composition of songs which counts as writing. Sometimes demos get sent around and people add their own ideas to it. The song changes as every different person works on it and really all those people should be credited even if their involvement is ultimately minimal. Also as we all know Beyonce uses a lot of samples these days. 

I think some of the drags against Diane are a little unfair but she didn't have to tweet that. 

How does Beyhive make everything about race? Chile, must be exhausting.

The cult behaviour is very scary, but you know the drag is on point when it causes such reaction.

Why and how does Diane always look so embarrassing :weeps: I feel bad for her sometimes

Usually it's 3-5 writers nowadays, at least on average.

Times change. I understand and respect the opinion of older artists who value original compositions (Jazz musicians had a love hate relationship with Jazz Rap during it's beginnings) but sampling when done right is great.

On songs without samples or interpolations it's a much better question. I am kinda curious why artists go through that process. 

she was right to question it and it should be said :clap3:

How moronic and sheer IDIOTIC do u have to be to think 24 actual people sat down and wrote 1 song (by/for an URBAN singer at that) as a Songwriter yourself?

Exposing her 10 IQ like that.

She doesn’t know what sampling is ?

12 hours ago, Jormungand said:

This isn't the shade y'all think it is, but someone needs to educate this clueless woman. 

Diane knows how samples work, she’s not clueless. But I do think there’s a white cultural precedent that allows these kinds of comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.