Diane Warren: How can there be 24 writers on a song?

mariahcarey

:eli:

Edited by mariahcarey

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *-ChriZ-*

• Lovett

• Dreajae

• Luckitty

Change the title to "Diane Warren shades Beyonce" for that hit thread :eli:

She's one of the most talented songwriters ever

Imagine writing Unbreak my Heart and Because You Loved Me by yourself :jonnycat:

:Eli:

:gaycat5:

She's a songwiter, while others are superstars

lZlumxY.png

how can she have 24 oscar nominations and no wins :celestial5:

she right tho too easy lmao

Honorary Oscar Winner Diane Warren is right and she should say it.

multiple samples, producers getting writing credit

she has written the same song for the past 30 years so I understand this having to be explained to her

2022 and people still shaming sampling or the act of handing credit to other people so they can have a share of the royalties: something very common in hip-hop and r&b. I’d rather hand a credit than a lawsuit

pop music has been sample-driven for more than diane’s career. she should know that there’s space for all types of songwriters. a lot of older acts are lucky that during pre-sampling they could just lift melodies from contemporary and traditional artists and play with them enough to not credit these original artists. many rockstars were guilty of it…

She is tough cookie, if she wrote the song, there’s no way you can sneak your name on the credits, no one can pull a beyonce on her.

This isn't the shade y'all think it is, but someone needs to educate this clueless woman. 

I mean she is right regardless of sampling, 24+ is a lot of writers for one song. That number is only acceptable for an album, because that it is an entire classroom of writers. 

And not y'all girls trying to shade, all she has created classics like Unbreak my Heart and Because You Loved Me, songs that have transcend generations and were created by herself. 

The issue isn't that having help is bad, the best songs had at least some help. No it is the fact that is weird for one song to have that many writers, which signals that the artist barely put any or if not zero input into the song. 1/24 is 0.042% so only 4.2% of the work was done by the original artist on one song.

Edited by Phaunzie

15 minutes ago, Velvet Night said:

She’s not wrong:coffee2:

its true it shouldnt  take more than 3-4 on a song with no samples

Edited by Insanity

Beyonce keeps breaking records :clap3: 

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

she's right though, how do some songs require 10+ writers? especially when most of them are basic songs

Edited by Luckitty

24 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

multiple samples, producers getting writing credit

This. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.