Sydney Sweeney: I can’t afford a six-month break from acting!

BOOMBAYAH

No wonder she's always doing those Ads all over her instagram, she has bills to pay

Edited by JuleSnz

99% of people can't afford to take a sixth month break from their JOB sis :rip: 

10 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

Lana can. Profitable queen :eli:

I mean, nobody knew who she was a year ago and now she’s double nominated at the Emmys, so I’d say that was money well spent. :cm: 

12 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

I think this statement is moreso to deglamorize the common perception of celebrity, not to complain about having to work? At least that’s the vibe I got. 

15 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

she's talking about being able to take time off to have and raise a family.

and yes, in america maternity leave is often barely a thing, whether in hollywood or not, but in many countries it is the standard for mandatory maternity leave.

5 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

I mean, nobody knew who she was a year ago and now she’s double nominated at the Emmys, so I’d say that was money well spent. :cm: 

I think this statement is moreso to deglamorize the common perception of celebrity, not to complain about having to work? At least that’s the vibe I got. 

This

she's actually raking in endorsements. she currently has Miu Miu, Juergens and Laneige and a couple more partnerships on Instagram. 

we love an acclaimed actress/ in-demand fashion darling :clap3:

LimitedSilverAfghanhound-size_restricted

Boo hoo find a regular job if you don’t like it and see if you can book that 6 month break you speak of. 

19 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

she's actually raking in endorsements. she currently has Miu Miu, Juergens and Laneige and a couple more partnerships on Instagram. 

we love an acclaimed actress/ in-demand fashion darling :clap3:

It’s not that she wants people to feel badly for her, but she is adamant that the luxuries of the job not gloss over the realities of the business. To stay relevant as a young actress, particularly one so deeply entrenched in and reliant on the internet generation, requires investment. There’s a lot of press to do, and the associated costs — styling, tailoring, hair and makeup, travel — aren’t always covered by a network. She says this is what motivated her pivot into brand deals, taking gigs as a Miu Miu ambassador and starring in an Armani beauty campaign: “If I just acted, I wouldn’t be able to afford my life in L.A. I take deals because I have to.”

I mean majority of actors get more money from their endorsements than actual roles, that's a known fact. Also out of all Sag-Aftra union paying actors, only 2% actually affords/is qualified fir their health insurance. Truth is, unless you are literally .0001% Super Super A list like Sandra Bullock you're gonna be pulling in more money from your 'celebrity' deals and even she will do some of those.

1 hour ago, Mr.Link said:

Boo hoo find a regular job if you don’t like it and see if you can book that 6 month break you speak of. 

That‘s not at all what she was trying to say, i‘m sure :deadbanana4:

Kim Kardashian Diamond Earring GIF by E!

Not her making it sound like she on minimum wage 

2 hours ago, Achilles. said:

It's exactly what she's saying but the pressed ATRLers are so quick to jump on anything :biblio:

She's not complaining but y'all never click on links anyway so

She's also in like a lot, that's tons of lines to memorize. HBO needs to pay her residual money because she's bringing in the traffic and saving the show that maniac Sam Levinson is actively ruining

LimitedSilverAfghanhound-size_restricted

24 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

It's exactly what she's saying but the pressed ATRLers are so quick to jump on anything :biblio:

Right! 

i mean she probably could afford it but would have to downsize her lifestyle.

a simple move out of that $3 million dollar home of hers & downsize to 2 bed, 2 bath apt in Weho for $4,500 a month and she’ll be able live just fine. :gaycat5:

4 hours ago, Attitude said:

Streamers don’t pay residuals? :biblio:

4 hours ago, 305 said:

Right I thought they did

48 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This. :biblionny:

Gals, there’s no ads like on TV.

maybe hulu does…?

This is relatable. I mean, if you don’t work, you don’t eat.

Good, this is how it should be:clap3:

Actors should never have been getting paid $20mil for 3 month shoots and lil promo runs anyways.

Streamers should have some form of residuals. But we should be focusing on exploited VFX workers and other people in entertainment who are in more precarious situations. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.