65th Annual Grammy Awards

Almodusa

2 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

In before that was his grandmother on stage 

4 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Watch it be a wholesome story about how Harry's album saved his life or something

H14s12t.gif

nvm...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Almodusa

• Green

• Katamari

Anybody else felt something was off? I can't tell what it was, but there was a weird vibe. 

The host giving the envelope to the Harry fan was anticlimactic as fuxk, killed all the hype and emotion. Specially because it was obvious he was going to give it to the fan of the person winning. 

This also proves to me the artists (or someone from their teams) know the results beforehand. That Beyonce Instagram post basically spoiled the night for us. It reminded me of that time in 2019 when the images of Gaga in the press room were released before some of her categories were announced. 

The only way I can think of Harry, Brandy (?) and Lizzo winning over Taylor, Adele and Beyonce is a split vote. 

y'all really need to stop dragging Beyoncé for this sample **** and expose yourselves as dumbos that don't how MUSIC works

Doesn't K*nye's most acclaimed album have a TON of samples and it's STILL regarded as a masterpiece and people call him a ******* genius even BECAUSE of the way he works with the samples

literally SO tired of this bullshit discourse around it 

If the samples are supposed to drag the album's ~~artists value~~ down so much then why does she still have the MOST acclaimed record of the year??

dumbasses

1 hour ago, Lemonjuice said:

Yes, the biggest artist on the planet

Not Really, even Beyonce is bigger then Bad Bunny. 

The winners were heavily pop mainstream, they are clearly wanting to increase ratings…

10 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

I don't even think 30 winning would've been nearly as egregious as Harry's House...

I-

6AYSPyk.gif

30 was a good album though. A bit formulaic for her (and the songs were way too long during the second half), but I think people on here actually underrate it. CIGI and CYHO are trash though and OMG kinda aged like milk.

Problem is, she stopped pushing it like a month after it came out and it always felt like she was over the album by the time it finally got released.

6AYSPyk.gif

6 minutes ago, foreverwinter13 said:

Not Really, even Beyonce is bigger then Bad Bunny. 

:rip:

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

This is the least ridiculous of Bey’s 3 losses so I don’t really care. :rip:

I actually think it’s the most ridiculous :deadbanana2:

Just seeing it now but Bonnie Raitt winning SOTY screams legacy award to me. Not that the music's not good, just I think it's the same thing they did with Beck, they thought the overall career was deserving moreso than the work itself.

Plus ABCDEFU didn't get it so it's fine :michael:

The way they had Mary J Blige sitting at the table all night losing all 6 noms:skull:

So the Grammy's still matter after all:deadbanana4:. Every year, atrl and the Stan internet in general peddle the narrative that the Grammy's don't matter anymore and that no one is watching them, yet every year those same stans are perched staying up all night watching that dull, tedious, overlong show and having meltdowns about the winners and losers. It's really funny cause the GP doesn't care about that show giving the dwindling ratings year after year but the stans are the ones keeping it alive :redface:. Imagine watching that boring drivel for 5 hours :hoetenks:.

anyways, that said, I'm glad Harry won, I can't wait to watch him and his toxic stans get dragged to hell and back from here on to eternity :deadbanana2:. "Things like this don't happen to people like me":bibliahh: The lack of media training.

Did y’all see the Variety article where one academy voters said they’d never listened to Harry’s House but voted for it. :rip:  Think the alumna success on tik tok swayed his vote!

That AOTY win- :biblio:

The way I immediately changed the channel when they announced DJ Khaled. Why would I subject myself to that when the whole show was already almost four hours long. They REALLY need to trim the show down to 2-2.5 hours because that was TOO long

20 minutes ago, AMIT said:

y'all really need to stop dragging Beyoncé for this sample **** and expose yourselves as dumbos that don't how MUSIC works

Doesn't K*nye's most acclaimed album have a TON of samples and it's STILL regarded as a masterpiece and people call him a ******* genius even BECAUSE of the way he works with the samples

literally SO tired of this bullshit discourse around it 

If the samples are supposed to drag the album's ~~artists value~~ down so much then why does she still have the MOST acclaimed record of the year??

dumbasses

Media ≠ people in music industry

dumbasses

These awards are a joke, they're at the same level as the VMAs at this point :skull: 

57 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the monsters are going to drag bey so hard :rip:

I can’t speak for every other Monster, but all Harry winning did was reinforce that the GF winners are **** and I don’t see a reason to drag Beyoncé for it. :michael:

45 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

CIGI and CYHO are trash though and OMG kinda aged like milk.

I'm judging you, actually, lol.

Edited by anti-bitch

Y'all tie your fave's worth to these awards.... why?

1 hour ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

I mean is not like the stage had a ramp for wheelchairs anyways

H14s12t.gif

A show about inclusiveness except for people with disabilities? Got it 

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

The winners were heavily pop mainstream, they are clearly wanting to increase ratings…

yes, bonnie raitt, samara joy, shervin hajipour, and willie nelson were designed to get viewers

Did Bad Bunny win something?

1 hour ago, Mike91 said:

30 was a good album though. A bit formulaic for her (and the songs were way too long during the second half), but I think people on here actually underrate it. CIGI and CYHO are trash though and OMG kinda aged like milk.

Problem is, she stopped pushing it like a month after it came out and it always felt like she was over the album by the time it finally got released.

6AYSPyk.gif

Oop! Sorry if I didn't articulate that well but I meant that 30 was indeed a better album than Harry's House and I don't think it winning would have been as egregious as an album like Harry's House winning. HH was the least inspired album of the bunch. Adele at least served a quality bop with vocals like All Night Parking and Cry Your Heart Out.

Harry's House doesn't even have that and yet...

6AYSPyk.gif

2 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Okay Ms. Samara Joy girl! :clap3:

Sara Vaughan + Ella Fitzgerald + Billie Holiday REALNESS

her voice is so good, im listenning to her album on spotify now and its kinda perfect for a jazz night at home, so cozy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.