• KatyPrismSpirit

• Almodusa

• Green

• Katamari

Mary getting Mariahed :deadbanana:

Roman Holiday
4 hours ago, sbenci said:

the fact that HH out of all albums won over Renaissance :rip: really no words

Why? Much bigger audience, much bigger success, an actual smash hit,  less writers, etc.

It def deserved to win over 30

Edited by Roman Holiday

americana roots music legend winning and a jazz new artistic winning the GF? we're back in the old unpredictable wins days. popularity awards are over i fear :WAP:

35 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Why? Much bigger audience, much bigger success, an actual smash hit,  less writers, etc.

Less quality too.

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

Was anyone expecting poor Mary to win though. 

She could have got Best R&B Album, the others were always hard. Instead Robert Glasper won and Chris Brown threw a little kid tantrum

Also she had H.E.R sitting with her and credited on her nominated song/album and still lost everything. ATRL stays pretending she wins everything:rip:

Seethe Beyonce fans. Harry's album is amazing :clap3:

5 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Too much publicity, payola and shoving her down out throats. Get over with it. She lost.

Get over what, exactly? I'm not upset about anything, and nothing I said was a lie. She's still Beyoncé, the one of one, the one considered the best of the best by all our faves despite the bitter and jealous nobodies of the world, like you, hating because they'll never compare. The truth hurt enough for you to quote me? Not my problem. Get over it. 

11 hours ago, Cloröx said:

Imagine praising Music of the Sphere and thinking it deserves to win AOTY. Was that you @gustavothehuman in the video because :gaycat7:

I don't think MOTS deserved AOTY, but considering who won they might as well have took it :rip:

3 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

It def deserved to win over 30

Un Verano Sin Ti was bigger, more acclaimed and smahed as an album. There's simply no non-racist explanation for what happened yesterday :deadbanana2:

Rather than lamenting over Beyonce's AOTY loss, we should focus on the many positive things that did happen!

• Black female wins ROTY
  • Black female wins Best New Artist
  • More representation than in years: Black, Latino, Trans
  • Adele didn't sweep
  • All the MPGs won: Taylor, Beyonce, Adele, Lizzo, Harry, Sam 
  • Beyonce becomes most decorated Artist winner
  • The show was Kayne and Kardashian-free

Overall, I call this year's awards a success.

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

She could have got Best R&B Album, the others were always hard. Instead Robert Glasper won and Chris Brown threw a little kid tantrum

Also she had H.E.R sitting with her and credited on her nominated song/album and still lost everything. ATRL stays pretending she wins everything:rip:

who?

33 minutes ago, on the line said:

Rather than lamenting over Beyonce's AOTY loss, we should focus on the many positive things that did happen!

• Black female wins ROTY
  • Black female wins Best New Artist
  • More representation than in years: Black, Latino, Trans
  • Adele didn't sweep
  • All the MPGs won: Taylor, Beyonce, Adele, Lizzo, Harry, Sam 
  • Beyonce becomes most decorated Artist winner
  • The show was Kayne and Kardashian-free

Overall, I call this year's awards a success.

I didn't know Harry and Sam  were MPGs how interesting

Beyoncé getting stubbed to Harry was so sad to me this time but Harry performance was so bad that I’m glad people can see in the future how unimportant the award really is :hippo: 

edit : the actual showcase has been the 

past since years. Felt very organic and an actual awards show 

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 AM, Mordecai said:

Awards mess aside

Who in their right mind thought that DJ KHALED should close the show? :rip:

The shock album of the year winner, "it does not happen to people like me" comment, and then comes out DJ KHAAAAALED. I screamed :deadbanana2:

Edited by Blue Jeans

1 hour ago, Blue Jeans said:

The shock album of the year winner, "it does not happen to people like me" comment, and then comes out DJ KHAAAAALED. I screamed :deadbanana2:

:bibliahh:

I've never watched the grammys before so I just assumed it'd be like the oscars where the show closes with the main award but they kept mentioning that dj khaled was performing so when I realised he'd be closing the show instead I turned my TV off :deadbanana4:

On 2/5/2023 at 4:25 PM, kendoll2001 said:

Literally! She could go 2/2 tonight :eatpopcorn:

And she did

summery after chaos, imo

1. vote split on sony columbia didnt affect harry win like 3 interscope girls last one, meaning he won by lot of majority votes. this like 24k magic again
  2. silk sonic still wouldnt had won by this condition because they split on bey, kendrick, and even coldplay.
  3. despite of that, as it was went empty won on its own, assume miss opportunities if he submitted late night talking instead.
  4. following genre's wins, imo, score order in AOTY should be harry > brandi > beyonce > lizzo (ADT won) > adele > kendrick > bad bunny > abba > coldplay > MJB.
  5. bonnie raitt won by obvious reason as none dominated nom in there, samara also won in weak year but correct winner. happy she set her foot in jazz scene and being relevance there for a lifetime. amazing wins for both.
  6. my most pleasant result is never wanna to be that girl - carly, ashley duo won, talents acclaim success.
  7. last but very least, chris brown was right, that robert glasper album was super grammy bait that had no redeem value for listener and absolute suck so bad. fraud category shady people. let me stream breezy in peace.

• 1 month later...

I know I’m a little late, but Beyoncé Knowles should have won this award for Renaissance. No other artist has been able to encapsulate 40 years of dance music into one album, and not giving her the award is tacit homophobia. Beyoncé deserved this. Sorry [I’m not sorry (Hell nah)].

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.