65th Annual Grammy Awards

Almodusa

What a dry list :rip: What a steep decline in credibility and popularity. This generation's A-listers really said ENOUGH

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Almodusa

• Green

• Katamari

the ratings are going to be so bad. the Grammys get more and more irrelevant every year :rip:

it's what they deserve for such blatant corruption

3 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

They announce the predictable performers 

Sooo far the big noms Adele, Beyoncé, Kendrick & Harry Styles not confirmed :deadbanana2:

Harry should be there. Of course more name are coming and they Need a big announcement also Just some day before the event. 

Anticipating:

Album - 30 

Record - As It Was

Song - Easy on Me

BNA - Muni Long 

Pop Solo - Easy on Me

Pop Duo - My Universe

Pop Album - 30

Beyonce sweeps R&B + Dance 

AOTY — Renaissance

SOTY — Easy On Me

ROTY — As It Was

BNA — Anitta losing would satisfy me already

Pop Vocal Album — 30

Pop Solo Performance — Easy On Me / As It Was

Pop Duo/Group Performance — My Universe (please)

Music Video — All Too Well

Music Film — One Night Only

Edited by gustavothehuman

I didn't know this was in a week. :lmao:

On 1/25/2023 at 10:21 AM, kandicha said:

the ratings are going to be so bad. the Grammys get more and more irrelevant every year :rip:

it's what they deserve for such blatant corruption

I feel people know that Adele is going to sweep the major categories so they are not going to waste their time watching the show knowing that's the predictable outcome. I'll probably watch but these networks need to realize that they need to adapt to the streaming world or else ratings are going to collapse. I know Paramount+ is an option, but ideally not everyone can get P+ on the internet. But also award shows are not the same (and somewhat dying) as they used to be 10 or 20 years ago and they think people still watch cable or actual TV with an antenna in 2023. 

Final predictions

AOTY — Renaissance - Beyoncé

ROTY — Easy On Me - Adele

SOTY — Easy On Me - Adele

BNA — Wet Leg (their album was so good, these girls deserve) 

Pop Vocal Album — 30 - Adele

Pop Solo Performance — As It Was - Harry Styles

Pop Duo/Group Performance — Don't Shut Me Down - ABBA

Best Alt Performance — Chaise Lounge - Wet Leg

Best Alt Album — Dragon... Big Thief

R&B Performance — Here With Me - Mary J. Blige & Anderson .Paak

R&B Song — Cuff It - Beyoncé

R&B Album — Good Morning Gorgeous - Mary J. Blige

Trad R&B Perf — Good Morning Gorgeous - Mary J. Blige

Rap category — Kendrick sweeping

Dance category — Beyoncé sweeping

1 week until the show! The Premiere Ceremony will begin at 3:30pm EST.

Fun fact: When If Adele wins Best Pop Vocal Album, she'll break her tie with Kelly Clarkson and have the most wins in the category with 3.

7 hours ago, Almodusa said:

1 week until the show! The Premiere Ceremony will begin at 3:30pm EST.

Fun fact: When If Adele wins Best Pop Vocal Album, she'll break her tie with Kelly Clarkson and have the most wins in the category with 3.

Then Kelly will tie her again the following Grammys after her DIVORCE POP album comes out this year :jamming:

3 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Glad Harry's performing and all... but still no Adele, Beyonce or Taylor :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, DEGUOM said:

Glad Harry's performing and all... but still no Adele, Beyonce or Taylor :toofunny3:

I feel like they are gonna announce one big artist per day, to milk out the anticipation. :gaycat5:

This could be the biggest/most talked about show since 2017 at least.

Spoiler

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

30 — Adele

RECORD OF THE YEAR

Easy On Me — Adele

Greg Kurstin, producer; Julian Burg, Tom Elmhirst & Greg Kurstin, engineers/mixers; Randy Merrill, mastering engineer

SONG OF THE YEAR

Easy On Me — Adele

Adele Adkins & Greg Kurstin, songwriters

BEST NEW ARTIST

Muni Long

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM

30 — Adele

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE

Easy On Me — Adele

BEST TRAD POP ALBUM

Higher — Micheal Bublé

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERF

Don’t Shut Me Down — ABBA

BEST R&B PERFORMANCE

Hurt Me So Good — Jazmine Sullivan

BEST R&B ALBUM

Good Morning Gorgeous (Deluxe) — Mary J. Blige

BEST TRAD R&B PERF

Good Morning Gorgeous — Mary J. Blige

BEST PROGRESSIVE R&B ALBUM

Gemini Rights — Steve Lacy

BEST R&B SONG

CUFF IT — Denisia "Blu June" Andrews, Beyoncé, Mary Christine Brockert, Brittany "Chi" Coney, Terius "The-Dream" Gesteelde-Diamant, Morten Ristorp, Nile Rodgers and Raphael Saadiq, songwriters (Beyoncé)

BEST RAP ALBUM

Mr Morale & the Big Steppers — Kendrick Lamar

BEST RAP PERFORMANCE

The Heart Part V — Kendrick Lamar

BEST MELODIC RAP PERFORMANCE

Die Hard — Kendrick Lamar ft Blxst & Amanda Riefer

BEST RAP SONG

The Heart Part V — Jake Kosich, Johnny Kosich, Kendrick Lamar and Matt Schaeffer, songwriters (Kendrick Lamar)

BEST MUSIC VIDEO

Easy On Me — Adele 

Xavier Dolan, video director; Xavier Dolan & Nancy Grant, video producers

BEST SONG WRITTEN FOR VISUAL MEDIA

We Don’t Talk About Bruno — Encanto Cast

Lin-Manuel Miranda, songwriter (Carolina Gaitán - La Gaita, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Encanto Cast)

Spoiler
Edited by camfuckingrockwell

The lack of performers announced :deadbanana2:

VMAS won they had a better line up Blackpink, Bad Bunny, Nicki Minaj, Anitta, Maneskin, Eminem, Snoop Dog, Jack Harlow, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Lizzo & Dove Cameron 

Presentiog or Special appearances : Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Fergie, Jimmy Fallon, Latto, Chloe, LL Cool J, Becky G & more 

i would love to see Doja perform

how do u have one of da best performers out right now and jus leave her in da audience smh

8 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

The lack of performers announced :deadbanana2:

VMAS won they had a better line up Blackpink, Bad Bunny, Nicki Minaj, Anitta, Maneskin, Eminem, Snoop Dog, Jack Harlow, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Lizzo & Dove Cameron 

Presentiog or Special appearances : Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Fergie, Jimmy Fallon, Latto, Chloe, LL Cool J, Becky G & more 

As if that VMA line up is any better :psyduck:

And they still have 4 days to announce things... and they haven't annouced any presenters yet.

QueenofCopyPaste

AOTY: Adele - 30

ROTY - Adele - Easy On Me

SOTY: Adele - Easy On Me

BNA: Muni Long

Jill Biden will probably do something similar to what Michelle did at the 2019 awards

10 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

AOTY: Adele - 30

ROTY - Adele - Easy On Me

SOTY: Adele - Easy On Me

BNA: Muni Long

They’re televising random ass Best Music Film which does not look good for an Adele sweep. They’ll televise her getting that, a pop award and MAYBE either SOTY/ROTY. 

The rest are up for grabs

15 minutes ago, Attaboy said:

They’re televising random ass Best Music Film which does not look good for an Adele sweep. They’ll televise her getting that, a pop award and MAYBE either SOTY/ROTY. 

Adele swept the GF in 2012 as well, and they still televised another pop category that night, which she won as well. So the Grammys aren't against having many Adele speeches in one evening.

Adele's music film aired on CBS (same network as the Grammys) and was produced by the same guy who's also producing the Grammys. So this is more likely just the network wanting to give itself and its own people/content more airtime.

51 minutes ago, Attaboy said:

Where can we see which categories are being televised?

9 hours ago, Feanor said:

Adele swept the GF in 2012 as well, and they still televised another pop category that night, which she won as well. So the Grammys aren't against having many Adele speeches in one evening.

Adele's music film aired on CBS (same network as the Grammys) and was produced by the same guy who's also producing the Grammys. So this is more likely just the network wanting to give itself and its own people/content more airtime.

Apples and oranges. That was Adele’s breakthrough era, the biggest and most impactful of the decade. The Academy is 100% aware of the bad optics around ANOTHER televised sweep especially when they got so much pushback after Lemonade was robbed.

If it isn’t Bey AOTY will go to Brandi, maybe Harry 

You raise a good point about the CBS guy wanting his flowers though :gaycat3:

Edited by Attaboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.