• Katamari

I feel like the 5 nominees of Best Pop Solo Performance are locked:

Pop Solo Performance

Easy On Me

As It Was

About Damn Time

Break My Soul

Bad Habit

But they love Bieber so much so I wouldn't be surprised if he's nominated instead one of them :skull:

31 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Steve is on the cover of Billboard's Grammy edition

FeecF8rXkAAQ-ce?format=jpg&name=900x900

he NEEDs best new artist. please NOT lottery ticket 

i think Doja will score nominations in

ROTY

SOTY

Social

Melodic Rap

for Woman

Vegas - Best song written for a motion picture and best rap performance

ILY - Best Pop Duo

18 hours ago, dabunique said:

Social

That award won’t be a part of the competitive process. The recipient will likely simply get announced along with those who get the Grammy Legend and Lifetime Achievement ones.

I think Harry’s House will win AOTY. I don’t think they want to give to Adele again and Beyoncé would’ve been a lock had she released more of a traditional album. I don’t think the old straight men in the committee are gonna like Renaissance.

Harry’s House was a big hit which I think will be a bigger factor cause of last years Non event of an album winning and the music covers a lot of different sounds. There’s some 70s rock and 80s pop for the old folks (Grapejuice and As It Was), some folky songs for the artsy fartsy folks (Matilda) and trendy songs for the younger folks (Cinema, Sattelites)

AOTY: Harry’s House

SOTY: Easy On Me

ROTY: About Damn Time

Beyoncé will sweep the R&B categories as always and maybe she will be eligible for some dance categories

Edited by Istan4R
Edit

1 hour ago, Istan4R said:

I think Harry’s House will win AOTY. I don’t think they want to give to Adele again and Beyoncé would’ve been a lock had she released more of a traditional album. I don’t think the old straight men in the committee are gonna like Renaissance.

Harry’s House was a big hit which I think will be a bigger factor cause of last years Non event of an album winning and the music covers a lot of different sounds. There’s some 70s rock and 80s pop for the old folks (Grapejuice and As It Was), some folky songs for the artsy fartsy folks (Matilda) and trendy songs for the younger folks (Cinema, Sattelites)

AOTY: Harry’s House

SOTY: Easy On Me

ROTY: About Damn Time

Beyoncé will sweep the R&B categories as always and maybe she will be eligible for some dance categories

I so hope Lizzo wins SOTY for About Damn Time. Easily the best pop song of the year. Uplifting lyrics and lizzo has been through so much public scrutiny this year with people bashing her weight. Especially the conservative public speakers slandering her. She deserves this moment and deserves to shine. I like lizzo

I saw Latto's submissions - did she submit the Big Energy remix for rap/sung?

46 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I saw Latto's submissions - did she submit the Big Energy remix for rap/sung?

where?

Alleged submissions

Megan Thee Stallion:

Her / Best Rap Performance

Sweetest Pie / ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Plan B / Best Rap Song

Pressurelicious / Best Rap Song

Traumazine / AOTY, Best Rap Album

Adele:

All Night Parking ft Eroll Garner / Best Jazz Performance

Easy On Me / ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

30 / AOTY, BPVA

One Night Only / Best Music Film

Oh My God / Best Music Video

Nicki Minaj:

Do We Have A Problem ft Lil Baby / Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song, Record Of The Year, Best Music Video

Super Freaky Girl / Best Rap Performance, Song Of The Year

Most get released / confirmed in a few days

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

Karol G:

PROVENZA - SOTY, ROTY

Sebastian Yatra:

Dharma - AOTY, BPVA, BPSP

Tacones Rojos - SOTY

55 minutes ago, keatonzee said:

Karol G:

PROVENZA - SOTY, ROTY

Sebastian Yatra:

Dharma - AOTY, BPVA, BPSP

Tacones Rojos - SOTY

It’s nice when non-English music can break through into big fields but Sebastian should’ve submitted it into Latin Pop Album for an actual shot at a nomination 

I think Encanto is coming pretty hard. It's a safe choice + LMM is influential in the industry. It seems like Encanto v. Adele to me. Would love to see Bey or Rosalia take it but that probably won't be happening. 

16 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

I think Encanto is coming pretty hard. It's a safe choice + LMM is influential in the industry. It seems like Encanto v. Adele to me. Would love to see Bey or Rosalia take it but that probably won't be happening. 

Bey and Encanto aint happening. Way too many production, artist, songwriter cred. Its probably Adele v. Harry. Harry only has a total of 5 people credited and Adele 8. Beyonce has over 150 credits :rip: and Encanto even more

At the other extreme, the Secret Boardroom is where superstar artists demand that the Academy commit major Grammys to them before they’ll agree to perform on the show. If, for example, Taylor Swift isn’t winning in a significant category, she’s not performing, and everybody knows that. Rumor has it that she shook down the show up for some nominations but didn’t ask to perform. If she is going to perform, however, she’s going to want a big look—especially with her 2023 stadium tour said to be going on sale in November. So if you’re the producer of the show, there’s no question that you’re going to want to give her that big look, because, let’s face it, who else can command that slot with the star power that Taylor possesses? 

Red (Taylor’s Version) is eligible and has been submitted, as has her “All Too Well (10-Minute Version)” from the rerecorded album, although Midnights, her first album of new material since 2020’s evermore, won’t be released until 10/21, well after the eligibility-period cutoff date. But none of that matters—she’s so formidable that it behooves the powers that be to do whatever it takes to get her involved in any way possible. No matter what winds up happening in this instance, it’s always fascinating to watch Taylor working her way toward creating massive moments for herself. 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=333249&title=NEAR-TRUTHS%3A-ROOM-TO-MOVE

YUNGBLUD:

Yungblud - Rock Album

One Republic:

I Ain't Worried - VM 

Imagine Dragons:

Enemy - VM (surprised no push for Duo/Group)

BLACKPINK:

Born Pink (No Category)

FINNEAS:

Optimist (No Category)

Taylor Swift:

Red (Taylor's Version) (No Category)

All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (No Category)

Edited by keatonzee

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Bey and Encanto aint happening. Way too many production, artist, songwriter cred. Its probably Adele v. Harry. Harry only has a total of 5 people credited and Adele 8. Beyonce has over 150 credits :rip: and Encanto even more

What's the point of having 5-8 credited people when the material is garbage compared to one that has plenty due to samples but it's actually a great body of work?

Regardless of the quality of the product, if you with less people you will be taken more seriously :psyduck:

Just a white sh*t show overall :psyduck:

12 minutes ago, Rafael said:

What's the point of having 5-8 credited people when the material is garbage compared to one that has plenty due to samples but it's actually a great body of work?

Regardless of the quality of the product, if you with less people you will be taken more seriously :psyduck:

Garbage to only other artists stan**

24 minutes ago, Rafael said:

The industry favors artists who use as least producers, songwriters and co-artists as possible. Just look at all recent AOTY winning albums. Most are albums with 1-5 major producers, minimal songwriters and low amounts of featured artists. WWAFA, folklore, Golden Hour, Morning Phase and 25 are prime examples of this. 

1 hour ago, Rafael said:

Adele and Harry Styles are not the same, no ******* way. Don't you lump them together just because they share the skin color. I think Adele deserves her flowers. And so does Beyoncé! But why did you make this about race?? Why does The Hive keep doing this? They act like a black person has never won a main category Grammy ever. I know there's been times when they have been discriminated against, but idk if Beyoncé specifically hasn't won an AOTY because of that. It's more like she's had to face heavy competition in her nominations. And now Adele again. There is a point to that it takes more effort to write all original songs than to find a sample and then build a song around it. Both take talent, yes, but you try and write music and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by anti-bitch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.