Ava Max - "Million Dollar Baby"

Totami Legend

Who cares if she relies on samples? It’s a part of her brand and she does it very well. Also, her two biggest hits aren’t reliant on samples… :rip: Many, many artists rely on samples. It’s a part of modern music. Lame drag.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• Sharapov

29 minutes ago, 305 said:

that user is going off the rails because of Ava Max :deadbanana2:

dgbser.thumb.png.b708ea08780562c1a31f61a

I made a comment and I’ve just been replying to the people upset at my comment and coming for my fave lmao. Oh well this my last post about this. Hope this is successful. I’ll be sure to keep track of its progress cause now I’m really curious on how it will perform. GL Ava and fans :)

I actually love MYTP and even posted about it but I make one comment and y’all swarm in lol. Welp 

Edited by Istan4R
Edit

All of Ava’s singles (sans The Motto which is a DJ feature) are either direct samples of already known hits or obvious interpolations. I don’t get why everyone in here is fuming over her being called faceless because it’s true

• ATRL Moderator

Britney's biggest, career defining hit Toxic is also a sample :rip:  Don't throw bricks in glass houses

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

All of Ava’s singles (sans The Motto which is a DJ feature) are either direct samples of already known hits or obvious interpolations. I don’t get why everyone in here is fuming over her being called faceless because it’s true

Ava has had four hits in the US so far.  AFAIK Sweet but Psycho doesn't sample anything, King & Queens samples Bonnie Tyler, MHMH samples ATC, and The Motto doesn't sample anything.  So Am I was a UK hit and doesn't sample anything either. 

6 hours ago, Istan4R said:

I sure as hell hope Ava a newcomer would have a bigger hit than Womanizer since Ava is new and Britney had a decade old career when Womanizer was released lmao. It’s ok she doesn’t need to release any more music just happy she’s free now and can do whatever she feels like. She has blessed us with 9 albums. I’m fully stocked Ava fan

So Ava is a trend chaser? Even worse. I’d rather Britney be happy and free than continued to be forced to work. You better hope Britney doesn’t release again cause if she does I’ll come back here and compare their success of Ava’s less than 5 year “career” to Britney’s 20+. We’ll see who outdid who :)

Then keep torturing urself listening to Britney Jean and stop trolling.

1 hour ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Then keep torturing urself listening to Britney Jean and stop trolling.

How are you not tired of this discussion? Y’all win for the sake of my sanity

@khalyanI never said sampling was bad. I feel like if you depend on samples to get hits then there’s an issue so I’m not sure why you sub posted me lol but that’s ok

OT: MYTP was one of the best songs this year so let’s see if she can top it. Still 3 months away until album so if this doesn’t do well there’s still time

Edited by Istan4R
Edit

2 hours ago, Istan4R said:

How are you not tired of this discussion? Y’all win for the sake of my sanity

@khalyanI never said sampling was bad. I feel like if you depend on samples to get hits then there’s an issue so I’m not sure why you sub posted me lol but that’s ok

OT: MYTP was one of the best songs this year so let’s see if she can top it. Still 3 months away until album so if this doesn’t do well there’s still time

what is this backtracking

1-gif.thumb.gif.446488b207c0430d6a28f6d7

Ava always serves a classic when there is a sample involved :WAP:

3 hours ago, Istan4R said:

@khalyanI feel like if you depend on samples to get hits then there’s an issue

Of course there is an issue, everyone is aware of the MYTP under-performance. We all complained about It.

Just because we are excited about the sample it doesn't mean that we don't want complete original music.

It is what It is

3jK21U5.gif

I always welcome new Ava Max music. Salt was still the hit that got away.

who cares about that random argument lol. do we have a date?

20 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

who cares about that random argument lol. do we have a date?

@BlackoutZone said "soon"

"she's about to shot the MV" so a month from now I guess?

1 minute ago, Totami Legend said:

@BlackoutZone said "soon"

"she's about to shot the MV" so a month from now I guess?

:toofunny3: until she delays it for NFT promo

3 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

:toofunny3: until she delays it for NFT promo

We moved on from that thankfully

Just now, Supervillain said:

We moved on from that thankfully

they learned the lesson, good news to me :lakitu:

good, she needs to leave the NFTs to Anna Delvey and give us more BAWPS :bam:

Edited by stjosephprey4us

Can't Fight the Moonlight sample?? :jonny: Omg gonna be a BOP already, come thru Ms. Koci! :WAP:

Unless it's a ballad this can be huge just by a good use of the sample and an iconic video.  Still can't believe MYTP flopped like that :shakeno:

7 minutes ago, James_XL said:

Unless it's a ballad this can be huge just by a good use of the sample and an iconic video.  Still can't believe MYTP flopped like that :shakeno:

I knew It from the beginning that GP won't support a pop song with such loud vocals in 2022 (even Beyoncé is serving average vocal range) :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

I knew It from the beginning that GP won't support a pop song with such loud vocals in 2022 

huh? you kept saying for months that it'd start peaking soon and become a hit

3jK21U5.gif

18 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

huh? you kept saying for months that it'd start peaking soon and become a hit

3jK21U5.gif

On Pop radio yes and it did 

I was also pretending 

3jK21U5.gif

a sampled career

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.