Shrek 5

Gorjesspazze9

Shrek 5 will begin a new era for the beloved and Iconic Franchise. Dreamworks is developing multiple films and spin-offs starting with Shrek 5, set for 2023.

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Shrek 5 being a complete restart seems like a bizarre concept but it could be interesting. They better have the same cast on board.

Yeah they are saying it’s not technically a reboot, but it’s it a continuation either. A mix of both for a new generation. I think all the same voice actors are returning. But I don’t know how the story will be 

There was a 4th? :rip:

Can this atrocious and unfunny saga die already? :deadbanana4:

They're making a new Shrek? :rip:

So it's basically like the plot of Shrek 4 just that they don't go back to what it was before?

or i'm not getting it

:chick2:

With the amount of memes about it..not surprised they brought it back

I'm so excited, this should have happened years ago. And it makes sense. Shrek and Fiona's story is told. You can only add to it in a forced way or if you are going to be very creative. But there is so much potential in that universe. We could explore another Ogre in a different kingdom, for example. If the sense of humour of the original is there, it can be good.

rY7t3A.gif&f=1&nofb=1

1 hour ago, ConceptD said:

It’s probably for the best since 3 and 4 were trash. 

4 was absolutely awful. Like ten times worse than 3.

8 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

4 was absolutely awful. Like ten times worse than 3.

I never got past the poster for it tbh 

I use to love Shrek but we don't want a reboot :biblio: Sure, the 3 and 4 are bad I don't even remember them but the first and second are iconic.

:jonny5: Shrek ALWAYS should have been an even bigger franchise with both film and TV. The universe is so creative and they have a lot of directions they could go 

I'm here for this! Hopefully the original cast will be back.

I want it!!!! I can't wait, my favorite movie :jonny4:

Shrek had a huge impact in my childhood and development of my sense of humour. Its a genius universe, and I hope the original creators are on board. It makes sense to change the original story a bit since the original Shrek was created to be a parody of the Disney brand back in the day. So you just need to adapt Shrek in a way that criticises and exposes the big corporative mess that Disney is in the 2020s, it makes sense that Shrek is making a comeback this decade when Disney is at such a turning point. 

The 4th was atrocious. O liked the 3rd tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.