Ari Aster is the best modern horror filmmaker. Why?

TROPICUM

Yep, a genius. :giraffe: Basics and normies hate him tho, as you can see here. 

Edited by Blade Runner

8 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

He understands that in order to truly terrify his audience, we need to connect with the characters on a human level and he put drama in the forefront. We all have lived or will live through the death of a loved one, and its one of life’s scariest things. To spin a demonic horror story out of that was nothing short of genius, let alone with the technical finesse that he did it with. 

Who is? 

He literally reshaped modern horror. Hereditary is already in the history books as one of the most important genre films of its kind. Its cultural impact is still felt today and its still being imitated. 

any director that didn't make a disgusting racist incest movie

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Yep, a genius. :giraffe: Basics and normies hate him tho, as you can see here. 

he's racist asf.. it's not basic to clock that

Edited by Seiko Oomori

7 hours ago, Pierrot said:

He's honestly the most overrated. Eggers is much better.

:clap3:

3 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

he's racist asf.. it's not basic to clock that

Sure. 

Mike Flanagan has the output, Ari needs to hurry up and release another one-two punch like 2018-19's Hereditary to Midsommar. Robert Eggers? I HAVE to laugh

Eggers is more consistent tbh, but yeah he's one of the best. People on this thread referring to good cinema as "artsy fartsy" is very telling lmao.

8 hours ago, Seiko Oomori said:

any director that didn't make a disgusting racist incest movie

the family could’ve been white and it would’ve changed nothing about the story. are we banning themes from movies now? it was a film about abuse, which is real. but yell at those clouds I guess.

10 hours ago, PowerGarlic said:

It’s true his horror films are so deep and meaningful but the new film takes forever to release :deadvision:

the supposed tea is that A24 is unhappy with the edits he is turning in because he refuses to cut it down and its 4 hours long… it wont come out this year for sure, probably late next year. 

midsommar is literally mid but Hereditary was a stroke of genius , largely carried by a very talented cast but definitely aided by Aster’s vision. he still has a long way to go before he can be considered the best of anything

Overrated and formulaic, maybe a movie that isn’t about a demonic cult preying on bereaved women next time :toofunny2:

One of the best difinitely. Can't wait for Disappointment Blvd.

I'll add Robert Eggers to the list of directors making horror with solid scripts, but he seem to be branching out of horror now.

He's cute but for a two film output I'd choose Julia Ducournau :michael: And then Mike Flanagan is much more prolific with consistently good quality :michael:

Hereditary :jonny: that was great!

Midsommar was alright, wasn't as much horror as I wanted it to be

Idk but I found Midsommar just creepy and hard to watch i don't like movies like that. 

Hereditary was well done but idk id rather have jump scares that to be creeper out i can't handle it the older I get.

Edited by Insanity

He has the best scripts and story ideas. 

10 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

the supposed tea is that A24 is unhappy with the edits he is turning in because he refuses to cut it down and its 4 hours long… it wont come out this year for sure, probably late next year. 

These shenenigans. He needs to get real or make a miniseries next time. :dies:

Yes until BAFTA nominee and Palme d'Or winner Julia Ducournau washed him.

media.jpg

nRPKU11.gif

@The Witch

28 minutes ago, The Witch said:

She ended that fad with ease

nRPKU11.gif

@Reverse Warholian

Period! 

nRPKU11.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.