Ari Aster is the best modern horror filmmaker. Why?

TROPICUM

Ari's take on horror was something so fresh for the then infested cheap thrills, spamming-jumpscares type of horror movies. His style is so unique and the real tension he creates while using beautiful photography is outstanding. Why is he the most talented horro filmmaker of our time? 

hes over rated

:clap3:

Toni Collette is the real mastermind here though :gaycat1:

Overrated

Some people, like the guys behind Scream 5, make quick little movies but Ari is all about the ART and storytelling :clap3:

the only thing he's the best at is ruining horror with this awful elevated A24'd horror movement :giraffe:

He understands that in order to truly terrify his audience, we need to connect with the characters on a human level and he put drama in the forefront. We all have lived or will live through the death of a loved one, and its one of life’s scariest things. To spin a demonic horror story out of that was nothing short of genius, let alone with the technical finesse that he did it with. 

46 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

he is not chile

Who is? 

He literally reshaped modern horror. Hereditary is already in the history books as one of the most important genre films of its kind. Its cultural impact is still felt today and its still being imitated. 

He's up there with the likes of Mike Flanagan, Jordan Peele, Robert Eggers and Jennifer Kent

He and Jordan Peele

I get both sides of their styles

and they did great

Not even close, though I loved Midsommar

How’s Midsommar horror? It’s literally a glorified rape. Hereditary was a great movie though.

He actually puts intelligence and creativity into movies and not just gore and cheap jump scares

16 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

He and Jordan Peele

I get both sides of their styles

and they did great

Jordan Peele is the KING of crowd friendly, summer blockbuster horror films and Nope will solidify that. 

Hereditary... One of my favorite movies.

Midsommar... an amazing Daylight horror.

Can't wait for his next projects. :clap3:

if you like horror movies for aesthetics only and not plot or scares sure

1 hour ago, Héloïse said:

the only thing he's the best at is ruining horror with this awful elevated A24'd horror movement :giraffe:

a24 is the worst thing to happen to horror genre

A shoutout to Alex Garland and Darren Arronosfky as well :giraffe:

He is excellent, I just wish I didn't start hating Florence recently cause that kind of drags down Midsommar for me

His movies are creepy not scary. They aren’t bad though. 

No, and I'm tired of the artsy fartsy horror movie trend tbh. we want visceral horror back :sorry:

57 minutes ago, Pierrot said:

Eggers is much better.

yes, he should be the one getting all the hype from doing something different to the horror genre. The Witch and The Lighthouse are both masterpieces.

Only Hereditary. Midsommar is bad. Like it's trying too hard to have shock moments. Nothing scary about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.