ATRL Songwriter's Studio 📝 Golden Hit: Season 6 is finally here! 🪷

Aurora

SongwritersStudio-Logo2024.png?ex=6608ef46&is=65f67a46&hm=39cb0d9941e102ed3123f05d5386d77ab76d530897052448bf767645c461ef39&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1830&height=1372

Welcome, writers, to the ATRL Songwriter's Studio! 🖋

This thread is intended to be a hub for ATRL's creative community to share their songwriting talents, provide feedback to others, and participate in a fun, encouraging, and helpful environment.

The ATRL Songwriter's Studio is for one and all—from those just starting out with songwriting for fun, to those who have written, recorded, and/or produced their own songs and albums! :jamming:

This thread will also serve as the home base for the Golden Hit community between seasons. Golden Hit is ATRL's ultimate songwriting tournament, hosted in the forum's Games section.

Seasons 1 and 2 were hosted in 2022, while Seasons 3-5 followed in 2023, with Season 6 launching in 2024! You can find a complete archive of past ATRL songwriting tournaments below.

List of ATRL Songwriting Tournament Winners:

Keep an eye on this thread (or "Follow this content" in the top right corner) to engage in general songwriting discussion, talk about some of your personal favorite songwriting inspirations, share some of your own works, and stay updated on all things Golden Hit. Perhaps there may even be special events announced occasionally right here in the thread?

We look forward to seeing you share your personality and creativity with us here on ATRL! :matty:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hiatus

Top Posters In This Topic

The variety of winners oh wow, the talent.

Hello :matty: Looking forward to whatever comes out of this thread!

Wellllll to just get some conversation started, has anyone done any writing since round 6/the end of GH? I've been cobbling together a little collection of songs for my first attempt at a fully produced EP from things I've previously written for SOTS and Golden Hit, no title as of yet. Tracklist is as follows:

Pegasus Marine (SOTS 4)
Summer's Evidence (SOTS 4)
Wind Rather Than Sun (Golden Hit)

Fraternite (Golden Hit)

Cherry (Golden Hit)
It Had to Be Me (New Song)

I'm excited to see where it goes :duca: I've got all the melodies and chords/harmony written down so it's truly just producing and mixing now. It'll have vocals too! The sound right now is very pop, split right in thirds with a folk-y side (Summer & Wind) a rock-y side (Pegasus and Cherry) and a dance-y side (Fraternite and IHTBM).

Yasss hello everybody :heart2: 

hope everyone continues their writing even though Golden Hit is over (for now :eddie:), would love to see more!

1 minute ago, 8thPrince said:

Wellllll to just get some conversation started, has anyone done any writing since round 6/the end of GH? I've been cobbling together a little collection of songs for my first attempt at a fully produced EP from things I've previously written for SOTS and Golden Hit, no title as of yet. Tracklist is as follows:

Pegasus Marine (SOTS 4)

Fraternite (Golden Hit)

Cherry (Golden Hit)

I'm excited to see where it goes :duca: I've got all the melodies and chords/harmony written down so it's truly just producing and mixing now. It'll have vocals too! The sound right now is very pop, split right in thirds with a folk-y side (Summer & Wind) a rock-y side (Pegasus and Cherry) and a dance-y side (Fraternite and IHTBM).

Cherry is such a bop, I absolutely loved its instrumental. Here to hear the rest :jonnycat:

Omg the excitement seeing my name on that list. :jonny5: I think Platinum Hit 4 is lost in the OldTRL realm now, but I still have the songs saved in my files as memories. :heart2: I love this.

9 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

The variety of winners oh wow, the talent.

It felt right to formally acknowledge the winners of prior ATRL songwriting tournaments, seeing as the original 'List of Finished Games & Winners' thread has been lost to time. Fortunately, with some confirmations from Hug, Jackson, and Temporal, the full list of winners has been preserved! :party:

That said, while winning in these tournaments is of course a great achievement, it's definitely not a definitive metric of determining talent or success. Many winners came short multiple times before their victories (our most recent winners 8thPrince and Jackson, ughgabriel, and myself included) and many more who are yet to win a season are recognised as songwriting legends within the community, such as Golden Hit's very own fountain!

2 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Omg the excitement seeing my name on that list. :jonny5: I think Platinum Hit 4 is lost in the OldTRL realm now, but I still have the songs saved in my files as memories. :heart2: I love this.

Legend :clap3:

yeah, all the Platinum Hit seasons up to 9 (and part of the 10th) were lost to the old site :chick3: great memories though and so many amazing songs came from them!

if you still actively write and fancy it you could always consider partaking in Golden Hit sometime if you feel like it :eddie: it’s essentially the same premise as Platinum Hit, except nobody gets eliminated and the winner is calculated based on the highest average throughout the game (this way everybody gets to write a song each round so it can be a more creatively fulfilling experience overall :gaycat:)

14 minutes ago, 8thPrince said:

Pegasus Marine (SOTS 4)

Fraternite (Golden Hit)

Cherry (Golden Hit)

I expect August might be a more active month for the thread with the anticipated announcement of Golden Hit 2! :duca:

Golden Hit tracks making up half of the track list, I know that's right. :clap3: Looking forward to hearing "Fraternite" come to fruition, which was my personal #1 of the Studio Session challenge! I absolutely know you are going to deliver.

Now that the season is over and I can dedicate what little free time I have to writing lyrics rather than writing reviews (:laugh:) I'm going to attempt to "replay" Golden Hit and write six new songs that fit the theme of each of the challenges. These should complete the album I began last year during Song of the Season 4, Aurenaissance, as well as a compilation of #1 ranking songs that I have had in the works since late last year, featuring one brand new song.

12 minutes ago, Jack! said:

You absolutely deserve it! While I wasn't a part of the Platinum Hit community until the tail end of PH5 (and first competed in PH6), I'm fairly certain you participated in PH8 also? I definitely remember reading some of your songs and understanding exactly why you won your season! Hopefully we might see you around for GH2?

• ATRL Moderator

Hi *******! Didn't really write anything since GH, but I have a few ideas/recordings

Legend E

8 minutes ago, fountain said:

Legend :clap3:

yeah, all the Platinum Hit seasons up to 9 (and part of the 10th) were lost to the old site :chick3: great memories though and so many amazing songs came from them!

if you still actively write and fancy it you could always consider partaking in Golden Hit sometime if you feel like it :eddie: it’s essentially the same premise as Platinum Hit, except nobody gets eliminated and the winner is calculated based on the highest average throughout the game (this way everybody gets to write a song each round so it can be a more creatively fulfilling experience overall :gaycat:)

I definitely may throw my hat back in the ring again! I love to write and still keep up to it to this day, so definitely if i have time!

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

You absolutely deserve it! While I wasn't a part of the Platinum Hit community until the tail end of PH5 (and first competed in PH6), I'm fairly certain you participated in PH8 also? I definitely remember reading some of your songs and understanding exactly why you won your season! Hopefully we might see you around for GH2?

I did do PH8 yes but I think at the time had a bunch of things going on so didn't give it my all, but yeah I would love to do it again!

6 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Hi *******! Didn't really write anything since GH, but I have a few ideas/recordings

Legend E

Well now you have a good reason to bring them to fruition. :celestial5: Let's see them!

6 minutes ago, Jack! said:

I definitely may throw my hat back in the ring again! I love to write and still keep up to it to this day, so definitely if i have time!

I did do PH8 yes but I think at the time had a bunch of things going on so didn't give it my all, but yeah I would love to do it again!

That would be brilliant! Would you like to be added to a tentative GH2 pre-signups list? It could be something we keep updated in the thread here, and upon the new season announcement we would tag anyone who had elected interest in the upcoming season? No obligation to commit. :heart2:

Hey everyone, it’s nice to have a creative hub we can all support and share with!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to finish this verse for “generic meet in a club song 1001” it would be really appreciated.

A look becomes less innocent the longer that it lingers

Two hearts across the dance floor begin to beat in time

They move through strobing shadows as the tempo starts to quicken

????

10 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Hey everyone, it’s nice to have a creative hub we can all support and share with!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to finish this verse for “generic meet in a club song 1001” it would be really appreciated.

Hide contents

????

Ooh, I'm liking where this is heading, and interested to see some suggestions. :eek:

I was first out one platinum hit on old atrl

good times

51 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Reveal hidden contents

????

Like a crowded forest, stretching limbs and touching skin, begins to thicken?

Idk if what I wrote even makes sense.

Cute seeing all the names there :heart2: Really hoping I can play at the end of August!

2 hours ago, Danny789 said:

I was first out one platinum hit on old atrl

good times

That's the beauty of Golden Hit: no eliminations! Golden Hit's cohost and I found it really unfair eliminating anyone based on a single song's performance, and denying anyone the opportunity to submit and grow is the opposite of what we are striving for with the new tournament. We saw some really amazing progress from writers such as Augmented in the thread here who just made Top 20 with their debut song, only to end up in the Top 5 of the whole season with multiple 9+ scoring songs, including a #1 hit!

I hope you'll consider taking part in GH2, coming late August.

1 hour ago, Euterpe said:

Like a crowded forest, stretching limbs and touching skin, begins to thicken?

Idk if what I wrote even makes sense.

An earthy and mystical dance floor banger? :eek: I'd be kind of interested in seeing this collab tbh.

5 minutes ago, Temporal said:

Cute seeing all the names there :heart2: Really hoping I can play at the end of August!

It would be iconic to see if you could have your own Jackson re-peak moment! Hopefully things work out and we can see you participate.

I participated in one and my song about blow jobs didn’t quite resonate with the judges for some reason and I was swiftly eliminated  ::chick2:

but I still stan that song so it’s all good :lmao:

ill have to keep a look out for the next game tho! 

24 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

I participated in one and my song about blow jobs didn’t quite resonate with the judges for some reason and I was swiftly eliminated  ::chick2:

but I still stan that song so it’s all good :lmao:

ill have to keep a look out for the next game tho! 

Sounds like your song might have been a little ahead of its time for certain people. :mandown: One of Golden Hit's writers, @Remmy, saw considerable acclaim with a sex bop "Flowerbloom", so you never know what Golden Hit 2 might have in the cards for you!

• ATRL Moderator

Remmy, a legend I fear. Invented sex :celestial:

27 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Sounds like your song might have been a little ahead of its time for certain people. :mandown: One of Golden Hit's writers, @Remmy, saw considerable acclaim with a sex bop "Flowerbloom", so you never know what Golden Hit 2 might have in the cards for you!

In that case let me start writing it’s sister song about rim jobs :gaycat2:

I’m not a hugeee songwriter, but I have a few gold records, and radio and club top 5’s. Happy to give songwriting/production feedback, just shoot me a DM or tag me in a post! 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Jack! said:

Omg, I didn't know you were still active here. Seeing the list, and your name right before mine, made me nostalgic for the OldTRL days (back when I had enough free time to be involved in the games nnnn) :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.