• BNF91

• Universo

• V$.

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, Cloudy said:

I'm at the Norns scene and god I got chills. Academy award :jonny5:

That was genuinely amazing, whew :jonny5:

Finished it on Sunday and wow, what a game. It has some flaws, but I enjoyed it a lot and the ending was very satisfying! :clap3:

I truly hope we'll get a DLC though :cupid:

Can those that have finished the game let me know if I’m going to be emotional by the ending of the game or not? Without spoiling anything? I am really taking my time with the game (doing all side missions/collectibles/having a life) but I’m also so damn eager to just see the end as the story has me HOOKED!

9 minutes ago, P!nk said:

Can those that have finished the game let me know if I’m going to be emotional by the ending of the game or not? Without spoiling anything? I am really taking my time with the game (doing all side missions/collectibles/having a life) but I’m also so damn eager to just see the end as the story has me HOOKED!

It's very subjective in my opinion. I got emotional, but not for the reasons I expected to get emotional.

I'm about to skip the side missions especially that Crucible challenge. I'm so annoyed by the Flawless one. :deadbanana4:

This game is kinda long and some parts aren't needed. :biblionny:My old ass is starting to appreciate shorter paced games. Idek how long I have left in the story.

Not a story related spoiler, but more of a gameplay spoiler, kind of?

It's nuts how late into the game you get the Draupinr spear

Finished it, what a game. I got so emotional at the end :jonny:

Ngl I'm hype for whatever Santa Monica does next :jonny:

EDIT: I have to say I'm so happy how they improved the things I wanted to them to improve from the scope of the realms, to the enemy variety (I was really happy about this because, as much as the previous was awsome, it really felt very samey with the enemies so of them just being simple reskins, this isn't really a spoiler but there's an intance or sequence with an old enemy that I low key feel it was a nod to that lol). Also liked the puzzle variety and to see more npcs.

Edited by Cloudy

• ATRL Moderator

I'm sorry if this hot take offends anyone but Sunny was ROBBED :gaycat7: I feel like Judge only won because the voice is iconic and more ~unique~, but in Ragnarok specifically, Sunny gave a much more nuanced and impressive performance, with a lot more range. I seriously think it's one of the best voice acting performances I've ever heard in a game.

The game was homophobic and boring. 

On 11/27/2022 at 10:41 PM, Smarticle said:

naur

Hide contents

Atreus going off on his own? No 3rd game then?

:sosad:

That’s probably the next game

Spoiler

Atreus trying to find the giants in different mythologies 

We’ll see tho maybe Sunny Suljic is getting more Hollywood roles in the next couple of years, making more difficult the development of that game so idk 

2 minutes ago, Universo said:

That’s probably the next game

Hide contents

Atreus trying to find the giants in different mythologies 

We’ll see tho maybe Sunny Suljic is getting more Hollywood roles in the next couple of years, making more difficult the development of that game so idk 

But without Kratos it wouldn't be God of War anymore. Maybe Atreus finds himself in trouble and Kratos is made to leave the norse realms and come to his help

41 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Reveal hidden contents

But without Kratos it wouldn't be God of War anymore. Maybe Atreus finds himself in trouble and Kratos is made to leave the norse realms and come to his help

Yeah the next game could go literally everywhere plot wise 

i saw a very cool idea in another forum

Spoiler

The introduction of a new character like a greek god brother of Kratos (Zagreus for example) or something

he finds out that Kratos is alive and worshipped in the norse realms

he goes there for help cause Athena is causing trouble again in Greece

On 12/10/2022 at 4:25 PM, Cloudy said:

Hide contents

It'd be so cool if they launched a God of Mischief vertical from God of War, it opens up to so many opportunities going forward (especially since I don't see Kratos being used a lot after Ragnarök).

On 12/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, Universo said:

Yeah the next game could go literally everywhere plot wise 

i saw a very cool idea in another forum

Reveal hidden contents

The introduction of a new character like a greek god brother of Kratos (Zagreus for example) or something

he finds out that Kratos is alive and worshipped in the norse realms

he goes there for help cause Athena is causing trouble again in Greece

But Athena is dead so it would be redundant to bring her back for no reason and I think Santa Mónica would try to move forward instead of going back. This might be a spoiler but they teased that Týr's poses in the post game are a hint towards Asia, tho this might not mean much. I saw someone suggest going back to Greece but instead of the original greek gods the roman gods (who were just the same but with different names) taking over Olympus, connecting with how the Roman Empire took over Greece and adopted it's deities. That would be a nice way to kind of bring back the mediterranean lore and make a kind of throwback to the og trilogy, maybe Atreus finds himself in trouble with these new gods.

They pretty much can do whatever they want and they can go whereever they want, the main thing is making it feel organic and in a way that allows for the character to continue growing and developing. That's the biggest challenge for me since after this game Kratos pretty much seems at peace and whole.

Just now, Hephaestus said:

Hide contents

It'd be so cool if they launched a God of Mischief vertical from God of War, it opens up to so many opportunities going forward (especially since I don't see Kratos being used a lot after Ragnarök).

God I hate that they removed the spoiler button...anyway, the problem is I don't think Atreus has the charism to carry a franchice, nor he is as liked or iconic or memorable as Kratos. I can't picture Atreus tearing enemies in half like his father, nor he has iconic weapons as the hax or the blades (tho that can be build on a game, but it would be a lor of effort).

I also think Santa Monica would rather try with a new IP rather than try luck with a lukework reception to an Atreus franchice, specially since his story is kind of also complete since he got all the answers he needed about him, his mother and the giants. The studio would also need to move on at some point with Kratos and create something new so now it's a perfect chance to deliver a different kind of IP, like the one they were working before prior to its cancellation. In the 2018 documentary they teased they had two teams working on different IPs one being GoW and the other that simply got cancelled, tho they didn't go into why

4 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Reveal hidden contents

But Athena is dead so it would be redundant to bring her back for no reason and I think Santa Mónica would try to move forward instead of going back. This might be a spoiler but they teased that Týr's poses in the post game are a hint towards Asia, tho this might not mean much. I saw someone suggest going back to Greece but instead of the original greek gods the roman gods (who were just the same but with different names) taking over Olympus, connecting with how the Roman Empire took over Greece and adopted it's deities. That would be a nice way to kind of bring back the mediterranean lore and make a kind of throwback to the og trilogy, maybe Atreus finds himself in trouble with these new gods.

They pretty much can do whatever they want and they can go whereever they want, the main thing is making it feel organic and in a way that allows for the character to continue growing and developing. That's the biggest challenge for me since after this game Kratos pretty much seems at peace and whole.

I agree about the last paragraph 

as long as they stay true with the character development established in the last two games they can do whatever they want

i trust SMS so i know the next games will be great as usual

Spoiler

The Roman gods idea sounds like a serve too :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.