Jump to content
Best Of begins December 8! ×

Rihanna is America's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire with a net worth of $1.4 billion


Hector
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, LittleMonster2012 said:

So we are praising bilionaires now?

only the black ones and those who didnt come from generational wealth :clap3: 

Edited by Katamari
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • insomniac

    5

  • Tropez

    3

  • Mike91

    3

  • Trainwreck

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

that's a fake quote babes...

Got me! :rip:
 

E4LqcfHXoAUfPIt.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Elon Musk has US citizenship. Therefore he is a US citizen, after immigrating to the US. 
 

Rihanna does not have US citizenship and is solely a citizen of Barbados. Thus making her not a US citizen. 

The headline says “America’s youngest” Not “youngest American”.

Trevor Noah can be “Americas favorite late night host”, Audrey Hepburn was “Americas Sweetheart”,  Adele is “Americas biggest album seller”. citizenships has nothing to do with the economic system you use to make your living. Rihanna did not become a billionaire by utilizing Barbadian economic systems.
 

Sergei Brin and Larry page are “Californias richest men” despite being from Russia/ Michigan respectively.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lostcause said:

The headline says “America’s youngest” Not “youngest American”.

Trevor Noah can be “Americas favorite late night host”, Audrey Hepburn was “Americas Sweetheart”,  Adele is “Americas biggest album seller”. citizenships has nothing to do with the economic system you use to make your living. Rihanna did not become a billionaire by utilizing Barbadian economic systems.
 

Sergei Brin and Larry page are “Californias richest men” despite being from Russia/ Michigan respectively.

 

 

That’s literally not it. The headline clearly implies she’s a US citizen when she’s not. And she does not want to be a US citizen. So to call her that is insulting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

congratz successful queen she needs to invest some of that billion into booking studio sessions with producers and getting a song writing camp started again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to Rihdistribute an album now :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way she lost 300 Mill in the last year. I think it’s from those Savage X Stores opening worldwide. I imagine ulta is now getting a cut of FB too now that they host the products in their stores. She’ll likely jump back up in a year or so. :jonny3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stories like this are inspiring to a degree because she genuinely came from a poor country with nothing and worked her ass off to get where she is. It’s different from generational wealth or privileged people that pretend their wealth was from “hard work”.

 

But at the same time, i just can’t get behind billionaires. Like it’s great that she has plans for using her wealth to make things better for people, she’s not some evil monster and I see that- but she employees lots of people and giving them a better life as a result for helping make your business an empire should be put into their paychecks ya know?

 

imagine if people working for billionaires like Bezos and Rihanna were not working for “fair salaries” but GREAT salaries as a result of their business taking off- scaling up so they become wealthy too. Capitalism is weird because to get to the ranks of “billionaire” you HAVE TO screw over the people under you. It’s not really a lot to ask either, these companies would fall apart without all the screws holding it in place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bliaz said:

Eat the rich, right?

 

The square root of 69 is ate something.

giphy.gif

 

 

Edited by slw84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for her, where’s the alberm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Stories like this are inspiring to a degree because she genuinely came from a poor country with nothing and worked her ass off to get where she is. It’s different from generational wealth or privileged people that pretend their wealth was from “hard work”.

 

But at the same time, i just can’t get behind billionaires. Like it’s great that she has plans for using her wealth to make things better for people, she’s not some evil monster and I see that- but she employees lots of people and giving them a better life as a result for helping make your business an empire should be put into their paychecks ya know?

 

imagine if people working for billionaires like Bezos and Rihanna were not working for “fair salaries” but GREAT salaries as a result of their business taking off- scaling up so they become wealthy too. Capitalism is weird because to get to the ranks of “billionaire” you HAVE TO screw over the people under you. It’s not really a lot to ask either, these companies would fall apart without all the screws holding it in place. 

This. Every billionaire is a billionaire because they found the biggest way of capital accumulation. Of course Rihanna may not be directly involved in evil practices like work explotation, but take it for granted most of her investments could apply those practices. Even Beyoncé was found using cheap labor in third world countries to produce her merch... and I know Beyoncé could not be aware of that, but that's the point. Capitalism always finds a way to screw over the poor, and investors not being 100% aware of where those profits come from just makes things worse, talking from an ethical point of view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

This. Every billionaire is a billionaire because they found the biggest way of capital accumulation. Of course Rihanna may not be directly involved in evil practices like work explotation, but take it for granted most of her investments could apply those practices. Even Beyoncé was found using cheap labor in third world countries to produce her merch... and I know Beyoncé could not be aware of that, but that's the point. Capitalism always finds a way to screw over the poor, and investors not being 100% aware of where those profits come from just makes things worse, talking from an ethical point of view.

Yep. And to make things worse, some of these people who achieve such a ludicrous amount of money start buying real estate en masse only to flip it and make even more money which in turn makes things even WORSE for people that have "fair salaries". Nobody can afford anything anymore because the rich are capitalizing on owning EVERYTHING and exploiting it by flipping it for even more wealth. It's a gross system.

I still give Rihanna her flowers for rising up from a bad situation and becoming a bad ass ***** in charge, and I'll even go a step further and say having a black billionaire that wasn't handed their wealth sends a strong message- but still, just not a fan of people exploiting their workers for the title. Even if she was the sweetest person to her workers and offered competitive pay, the idea that ONE PERSON has this wealth is still at the end of the day exploitation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capitalistic Empress of the Americas

 

North, South, Central, you name it.

 

Bling, not the music, fans, lower class, etc!

 

The American Dream and ORHs can't STAND it

 

giphy.gif

 

Now to stream her best song to give her a couple more coins

 

RUSSIAN ROULETTE, here we go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought she was 1.7bil :lakitu:

 

Anyway congrats to the ex singer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, insomniac said:

I wonder what her stans think of this. That check may be so divine, but it’s the music that got her there. Money shouldn’t be the main reason to do things? Shouldn’t she reward her fans every now and then with some music?

 

11 hours ago, fentypark said:

????

Its a quote from a youtube parody video,not real :dies:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

 

Its a quote from a youtube parody video,not real :dies:

 

 

 

these are always funny

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

 

Its a quote from a youtube parody video,not real :dies:

 

 

 

Lol that video is hilarious. Well, from the way she stays away from music if may as well be a true quote. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cute but there’s no such thing as self-made. :toofunny3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tropez said:

Elon Musk has US citizenship. Therefore he is a US citizen, after immigrating to the US. 
 

Rihanna does not have US citizenship and is solely a citizen of Barbados. Thus making her not a US citizen. 

Educate us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only ex singer who is having this level of success 

Your favs wish they could get something like this with their other ventures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deserve :clap3:

 

but can she go back to making music? I miss her bangers..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I thought she was 1.7bil :lakitu:

 

Anyway congrats to the ex singer

The 1.7 is in Euros 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tropez said:

That’s literally not it. The headline clearly implies she’s a US citizen when she’s not. And she does not want to be a US citizen. So to call her that is insulting. 

The other person is correct. You are reading it wrong.

 

Congrats Queen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kiel D-01 said:

Cute but there’s no such thing as self-made. :toofunny3:

yeah, she had help from the start all thanks to def jam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...