Janet's night at Essence Festival one of the highest grossing EVER, unlike Nicki's

Stankonia

4 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Because she’s Janet Jackson. She’s a literal legend. White ATRL always claims that she’s forgotten. Forgotten by whom? White Gen-Z, as if they are the be all - end all?

She’s royalty in the Black community and this just proves it.

Spill it!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bd8rgwj17hkdh1nss0ri

"Unlike Nicki's" 

:toofunny2:

Liekksksks didn’t expect the article to actually say unlike Nicki. Lmao! the floppage

J937QDS.gif

Edited by Superbitch

I was there in person, second row. What a show!!

11 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Michael was never proven guilty and that is her brother.  Of course she was going to support him with all the lies.

As a Janet fan it’s the one thing that irks me about her. He was never found guilty yet surrounded with countless accusations of child abuse, openly admitted he slept with children from broken families, groomed children with his Neverland Ranch which had an alarm for when people came into the hallway that led to the room he slept with the boys in, was investigated by the FBI in the 80’s for allegedly sexually abusing two young boys in Mexico, held a dance competition for kids while on tour to recruit his next victims, plied the parents with money to distract them while he allegedly molested their children, one of which who was a victim of childhood cancer. The list goes on and on. Though I respect she probably has her own trauma and given what LaToya said about the family, and how she was treated for speaking out, I’m not at all surprised Janet has been so diplomatic even though her brother was an ******* to her and used her for PR for Scream. 

So glad we still have the legendary Janet, the most talented Jackson. and happy to see her performing in front of such a great crowd. 

michael-jackson-oprah.gif

Edited by Slap

Janet and her show looked amazing, unlike Nicki.

J937QDS.gif

Just now, WalkAway said:

Janet and her show looked amazing, unlike Nicki.

J937QDS.gif

Janet stays winning, she just needs to release a damn album already it’s been too damn long. I never thought I’d miss her 2000’s output but here we are. 

Nicki’s got my respect, selling corn chips at the supermarket, putting Hung Up era Madonna to shame with her flexibility, and she got the man too! She really won, I hope she enjoys her next conjugal visit with Mr Petty. 

J937QDS.gif

They are both heritage acts now as nobody real listens to Nicki after 2016 or so. The difference is Janet has 50 classics while Nicki has Anaconda and lets go to the beach each.

11 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

"Unlike Nicki's" 

:toofunny2:

The thread is a bit reach for itself just to attempt to drag another black woman. 

=====

Comparing Janet, an actual performer, to a RAP artist. 

Weird how Nicki fans spent months bragging about her selling out festivals but here she struggled with Essence

J937QDS.gif

14 hours ago, kishi said:

I was there in person, second row. What a show!!

I'm happy for you sis :heart:

On 7/5/2022 at 1:36 AM, Thinking Of You said:

Because she’s Janet Jackson. She’s a literal legend. White ATRL always claims that she’s forgotten. Forgotten by whom? White Gen-Z, as if they are the be all - end all?

She’s royalty in the Black community and this just proves it.

Period

YL87Ly9.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.