Janet slays Essence Festival in a shiny catsuit

Stankonia

53 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Something must be going on behind-the-scenes. She’s so cryptic in the Essence interview as to why the album isn’t happening. The album is no doubt finished. She worked on it for 5 years. She goes and says she is concentrating on her kid. I hope everything is alright there. She also said you never know what is going on in her personal life. Did she ever get divorced?

Yea something clearly happened that made her push back Black Diamond.

You’re back on stage and performing live at ESSENCE Festival of Culture this year—but how are things going in the studio? Where are you with new music?

It’s so funny because I see the fans asking, “When are we going to get Black Diamond?” “Will you please release?” Sometimes things happen that you don’t expect to happen, and you have to figure things out—or you’re in a space in your life when you have to take a step back and take a break for a minute. Even though it’s something that I absolutely love, it still is my work, my job. There will be music at some point. Exactly when? I can’t say just yet, but there will be. I love it too much not to do it. This is all I know. There’s so much that I want to do—but my number one job is being a mama.

I started our conversation by asking you to reflect very quickly on some album covers and who you were then. What’s the first thing that comes to mind about the woman sitting in front of me right now?

Sometimes, when you see what’s in front of you and you think one thing may be happening, something totally different is going on behind the scenes. I know that’s so vague. I know. I’m not saying that what you’re seeing now is not me—but you never know what’s going on in the person’s mind.

I heard that when she did the Allure photoshoot/interview she had everything ready and planned out, she even told them the album release date and made them sign NDAs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Horizon Flame

• The7thStranger

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait to see her on the 23rd :duca:

Nobody does it better.

She was absolutely fantastic.

:gaynetcat4:
Super shocked she sang most/all the songs live, while dancing. And sounded great.

Why didn't she do it before?

So odd. She wasn't struggling at all. Always assumed she couldn't sing live bc she was always lipping.

The draggings after Glastonbury must've made them rethink how she performs. 

:rip:

She’s mother what else can I say

Always the same boring ass move and little chick sound :bibliahh:

Just saw the whole set and she killed it :clap3: She performed the classics and the deep cuts with live vocals! Loved it!

Slaying in her 50s :WAP:

48 minutes ago, Junlin said:

Always the same boring ass move and little chick sound :bibliahh:

When a Madonna stan is this pressed it's confirmation that Janet ate and left no crumbs

N58NKwn.png

Woo, a serve. One thing mutha gon always do is hit her marks. She's a born dancer.

She is soooooo ready for the new era! She KILLED Essence. Read that her was the most attended show in the history of the festival.

32 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

When a Madonna stan is this pressed it's confirmation that Janet ate and left no crumbs

N58NKwn.png

So sad they try so hard to get quoted :deadbanana: 

OT: slay us mother janet :jonny6:

Whew. To say she ate is understating it. Her best performance and look in years! I was transfixed from start to finish. Does anyone else think “Feedback” is a killer opener? It really does hit hard. 

12 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Yea something clearly happened that made her push back Black Diamond.

You’re back on stage and performing live at ESSENCE Festival of Culture this year—but how are things going in the studio? Where are you with new music?

It’s so funny because I see the fans asking, “When are we going to get Black Diamond?” “Will you please release?” Sometimes things happen that you don’t expect to happen, and you have to figure things out—or you’re in a space in your life when you have to take a step back and take a break for a minute. Even though it’s something that I absolutely love, it still is my work, my job. There will be music at some point. Exactly when? I can’t say just yet, but there will be. I love it too much not to do it. This is all I know. There’s so much that I want to do—but my number one job is being a mama.

I started our conversation by asking you to reflect very quickly on some album covers and who you were then. What’s the first thing that comes to mind about the woman sitting in front of me right now?

Sometimes, when you see what’s in front of you and you think one thing may be happening, something totally different is going on behind the scenes. I know that’s so vague. I know. I’m not saying that what you’re seeing now is not me—but you never know what’s going on in the person’s mind.

I heard that when she did the Allure photoshoot/interview she had everything ready and planned out, she even told them the album release date and made them sign NDAs.

WHAT!!! 

The set was really good and the outfit was very flattering :clap3:that feedback performance :heart:

RockStarShit101
21 hours ago, Swag said:

Doing the same routines of 30 years ago? :cries:

Cher does the same 

I guess it's more comfortable for older acts to have the same routine

And this ladies and gentlemen, is how you put on a ******* show!

She remixes a lot of songs and had new arrangement. I love what she did with If and she looked incredible. Janet doesn’t need to be dancing all night to do a good show, showing her vocals with new arrangement and playing the stage musically are also what Jackson did best. Good to see her changing the way she performs in years, and hope she will be doing more next tour.

i think her going away from London for tour may be a problem to keep her sons custody. Sad that she is still married to that man after filling divorce paper years years ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.