The Weeknd’s tour first leg grosses 100M w/ only 19 dates

Michael196

DSC00935.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1&resize=6

Not surprisingly, the tour is “a smash,” Al-joulani says. “He’ll sell over 700,000 tickets on these 19 shows, we’ve grossed $100 million, and that’s just North America. He’s joined that pantheon of [stadium-level] artists, and there’s a lot more to come.”

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/weeknd-tour-opening-acts-1235306678/amp/

Edited by Michael196

Atrl losing again, and abel keep winning :gaycat5:

the visuals :clap3:

a man is gonna serve tour of the year and atrl cant stand it :jonny5:

Edited by Katamari

God I really hope he keeps his word and takes it to Europe, I need to see him so bad and I can't wait for it to start to see all the videos :jonny6:

The gross is cute but it doesn’t change the fact he’s struggling to fill these dates :lakitu:

17 minutes ago, Katamari said:

the visuals :clap3:

a man is gonna serve tour of the year and atrl cant stand it :jonny5:

:coffee:

The sets and props he teased look so beautifully intricate, and he's definitely aiming to deliver an immersive experience like he did throughout the "After Hours" and "Dawn FM" eras. Abel's vision and ambition never cease to impress me, and I just know this tour will be fantastic. It has all elements to become a must-see event, not gonna lie, especially with how his discography remains as beloved and timeless as ever (see "Die For You", "I Was Never There", and "Stargirl Interlude" effortlessly getting newfound momentum thanks to TikTok).

13 minutes ago, ariananext said:

God I really hope he keeps his word and takes it to Europe, I need to see him so bad and I can't wait for it to start to see all the videos :jonny6:

Don't worry, I'm sure he will. He did promise a proper, fully-fledged world tour, after all.

j5p5dbb4hda81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I think he's probably taking longer than usual to announce the other legs considering the amount of prior arrangements with stadiums. I also imagine the war in Ukraine made him postpone plans for Europe, and he and his team might be discussing some initiative to support the country. Pure speculation from my part.

OT: The OXOH have been surprisingly silent following this announcement, huh? :gaycat2: 

We can all agree it was an ambitious and risky move to move to an all-stadium tour considering his relatively timid touring history and the fact he's far from a family-friendly act with wide demographic appeal (see Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars). But making bold career choices has always been The Weeknd's motto from the get-go, so I'm beyond happy to see it's paying off. And I have a feeling the eventual international dates will impress us even more. He deserves it so much!

To quote the man himself from his 2017 banger "Reminder"...

Every time you try to forget who I am
I'll be right there to remind you again

The  Flop era according to ATRL :dies: 

King!!! release Europe & Latin dates & snatch 200 million :duca:

:bibliahh:

I can't wait til July 16th to see this apparently "cancelled" tour :bibliahh:

Impressive as hell. The king keeps on winning:clap3:Can't wait to see him

Atrl really is an echo chamber. 

"He will bomb, the tickets were only selling because of Doja (said non ironically!! " :lmao:

The atrl girlies thought lol.

5 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

:bibliahh:

I can't wait til July 16th to see this apparently "cancelled" tour :bibliahh:

love her, but I was told that the only reason anyone was getting tickets was Doja, and his success was driven by streaming farms...

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

ATRL lose yet again :dies:

The way sexist ATRL keeps wanting male artists to fail. Abel proving them wrong, we love to see it :clap3:

He should go all the way and dethrone ed 

:duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.