Madonna covers Women in Pop Magazine / Janet Jackson also been mentioned ?

Lover

On that same red carpet in 2004, she said that she had no idea what Janet was thinking doing that. 

The incident back in the early 90s when Janet slammed her, and keep in mind Janet never talks smack about anyone in the industry, was reportedly due to Madonna trashing her to Michael. That is what really set her off. Madonna trashed everyone in the 90s. Her dancers and even her letters exposed how petty and jealous she was. You’d think she would have grown out of that but then she pulled the entire stunt with Gaga which backfired. Madonna did amazing work through the 80s and 90s. That can’t be disputed. Madonna as a person is another story. 

2 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

And then in 2012 she changed her tune. Your video of the Grammys was in 2004 and then 8 years later she said this.

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/28/madonna-you-dont-have-to-show-nipples-to-be-interesting/

Quite the opposite indeed. And those were her last comments about anything to do with Janet and she hasn't said anything since. There used to be a rare youtube video of her saying that on camera that I even linked on ATRL before the reset, but it appears like it's been taken down, but many articles about it still exist online that even the Madonna fansite above reported on it back then.

EDIT: FOUND THE VIDEO

Also shortly after those comments, Mario Lopez tried to sneakily see if Janet would say something back in a 2012 interview by asking her what she thought about Madonna performing at the Superbowl, and she just said positive things about it. It's funny how some Madonna stans here pretend like her 2012 shade never happened.

1 hour ago, Horizon Flame said:

On that same red carpet in 2004, she said that she had no idea what Janet was thinking doing that. 

The incident back in the early 90s when Janet slammed her, and keep in mind Janet never talks smack about anyone in the industry, was reportedly due to Madonna trashing her to Michael. That is what really set her off. Madonna trashed everyone in the 90s. Her dancers and even her letters exposed how petty and jealous she was. You’d think she would have grown out of that but then she pulled the entire stunt with Gaga which backfired. Madonna did amazing work through the 80s and 90s. That can’t be disputed. Madonna as a person is another story. 

725385.gif

It's 2022 and Madonna vs Janet still going? :zzz: both legends

7 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

:date3:

8 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

They are but what I will not let happen is some Madonna stans trying to rewrite history whenever they try to downplay or say she never shaded Janet's superbowl. They're so quick to bring up her 2004 videos of her defending Janet but conveniently forget that 2012 comment.

Queen of Pop being the only female artist to make the cover twice :clap3: actual impact :clap3:

10 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

Queen of Pop being the only female artist to make the cover twice :clap3: actual impact :clap3:

w:eek:w oh w:eek:w

18 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

No one ever posts this video. Or the positive things Jan said about Madonna in that gay magazine back in 2008. I’m so sick of the fact that you can’t be a Janet AND Madonna fan. I’m more of a Janet fan overall, but I’m not delusional about who is more commercially successful and revered. Madonna is and will always be incredible. However, Janet’s contributions are important as well. Would love a hybrid appreciation thread of both, but it would just turn into a disaster. Some of y’all have been around long enough to let that weird hate go. No side is innocent at all. I’ve seen it unprovoked by both sets. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

On 7/2/2022 at 3:42 PM, FreeXone said:

I wonder if her and Janet ever made ammends.

I think yes

I mean, Madonna is in good terms with Elton John, who has said horrendous things against her :rip:

Why wouldn´t Madonna be in good terms with Janet?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.