Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | In theaters now! | Biggest WW 2024 opening

Almodusa

spacer.png

Adam Wingard's next installment in the Godzilla-Kong franchise will hit theaters March 29, 2024.

This latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

Cast:

Dan Stevens

Rebecca Hall

Brian Tyree Henry

Kaylee Hottle

Fala Chen

Alex Ferns

Rachel House

spacer.png

Edited by Almodusa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• BoyLikeYouSuxx

• nathanspears

• ctlp27

Let’s do something new. Bring Godzilla to outer space.

• 1 month later...

Coming off the global success of 2021’s “Godzilla vs Kong,” cameras are now rolling on the latest entry in Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ cinematic Monsterverse. This latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

The film, which recently began principal photography, is again being helmed by director Adam Wingard (“You’re Next” “The Guest”) and stars returning cast members Rebecca Hall (“The Night House” “Resurrection”), Brian Tyree Henry (“Bullet Train” “Atlanta”), and Kaylee Hottle (“Godzilla vs. Kong”), who are now joined by newcomers Dan Stevens (“Gaslit” “Legion” “Beauty and the Beast”), Fala Chen (“Irma Vep” “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”), Alex Ferns (“The Batman” “Wrath of Man” “Chernobyl”) and Rachel House (“Hunt for the Wilderpeople” “Thor: Ragnarok” “Foundation”).

Wingard is directing the currently untitled project from a script by Terry Rossio (“Godzilla vs. Kong” the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series), Jeremy Slater (“Moon Knight”) and Simon Barrett (“You’re Next”). The film is being shot on location in Queensland, Australia and is slated for a March 15, 2024.

Director Adam Wingard Returns as Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures Explore the Next Chapter in the Massive Monsterverse Franchise | Business Wire

On 7/1/2022 at 9:10 PM, Repelex said:

Nobody cares about Fadzilla. Focus on Kong.

Queenzilla >>>>>> Kong

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/30/2022 at 7:55 PM, Buffy said:

Let’s do something new. Bring Godzilla to outer space.

absolutely not please lol

On 7/1/2022 at 3:10 PM, Repelex said:

Nobody cares about Fadzilla. Focus on Kong.

ok aguilessor

the next installment needs to feature DESTROYAH as the main villain

• 1 month later...

Some updates

The working title is Origins, and began filming in July in Gold Coast, Australia.

Cast so far:

Dan Stevens

Rebecca Hall

Brian Tyree Henry

Kaylee Hottle

Fala Chen

Alex Ferns

Rachel House

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I wonder what the threat is going to be. For Godzilla and Kong to teaming up, it needs to be something like Destoroyah.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DamianSolo said:

I wonder what the threat is going to be. For Godzilla and Kong to teaming up, it needs to be something like Destoroyah.

Would love to see that monster again, but I feel like it’s going to be a new one

6 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Would love to see that monster again, but I feel like it’s going to be a new one

I'd be all for an original monster! It would keep things fresh and interesting. Either way, though, I love the direction of this overall universe. I think they have a good thing going, so far.

• Like 1

The way I've only just discovered that an Apple TV show is coming out based in this universe

Gotta admit I kinda love that franchise. Since the first, they always delivered visually (thanks WB I guess) and they always were entertaining.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Almodusa said:

via @/godzillamovie on IG

how long will they bury the lead on

Spoiler

Titanus Shimu

:fan: 

I hate the trailer. It looks awful. Not liking the vibes at all. The CGI at the end as well with them running, these are meant to be massive monsters where is the scale and mass?! :skull:

• Thumbs Down 1

Another glorified music video. To think that of all the recent Godzilla/Kong movies, the most well-shot was that super dark one where you could barely make out what was going on :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, nathanspears said:

I hate the trailer. It looks awful. Not liking the vibes at all. The CGI at the end as well with them running, these are meant to be massive monsters where is the scale and mass?! :skull:

It does look awful which is surprising considering how good the Apple TV series is.

Edited by Blue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.