Update: R.Kelly guilty of 6 counts child exploitation in Chicago, more trials to come

Espresso

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Kool_Aid_King

• Joesuxx

• Trash

8 hours ago, Pop culture said:

lady-gaga-r-kelly-do-what-you-want-with-

cancelling this video was probably the best decision in her career :deadbanana: 

12 hours ago, youcallingmyname said:

Justice for his victims and Aaliyah is finally getting justice for what this trash did to her r.I.p angel

giphy.gif

If Aaliyah was still around today, I wonder what she would have to say and if this outcome would of come a lot sooner. I guess its better not knowing sometimes. RIP baby girl 

14 hours ago, i spit on haters said:

Yup. I've never lived in Chicago but I have family who have and I too have heard the stories. Like Kelly driving to middle and high schools in the local area to pick up young girls and would often try to to entice them with expensive and lavish gifts to lure in his victims. I'm glad he's behind bars but as we all know, there's still so many predators within the industry who are just as nefarious in their predatory ways just like R. Kelly. I personally believe years down the line, we'll start hearing similar stories about Drake. His "friendships" with barely legal women is weird as ****.

The weirdest part of it all is, a lot of Chicago folks are DIE HARD R Kelly supporters. I was in the city last year and saw a MARCH in support of him. Amid all of these things... they support him louder. 

:clap3: How old is he? Will this be the rest of his life?

John Oliver Reaction GIF by Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Now the prisoners can do what they want with his body :coffee2:

Justice served :clap3:

Now leave him to rot

not long enough! 

See you in hell scum.

xi2HAH4.gif

Omg!!! Thank god! Finally the us justice system got something completely right!!! ?

On 6/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, Espresso said:

Ghislaine deserved the same amount of time if not more given her wealth and high flight risk but whatever.

Not a hill worth dying on I guess. 

Lol Ghislaine is not a flight risk. Otherwise she'd of had the common sense to go to the France where she wouldn't of faced extradition instead of sitting in the states waiting to be arrested. 

9 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

Lol Ghislaine is not a flight risk. Otherwise she'd of had the common sense to go to the France where she wouldn't of faced extradition instead of sitting in the states waiting to be arrested. 

There are actually exceptions to the US/France extradition treaty if you read the fine print that do involve processes for exceptional circumstances, and at the time she bought that mansion in NH they had enough evidence to have stopped her if she tried to leave but hadn’t gone right ahead and charged her as they were still building a better case.

Regardless, I also saw the argument made here that R.Kelly was involved and Ghislaine just arranged, which actually isn’t true - she was also involved in a lot of the actual assaults.

Ghislaine had better lawyers and R.Kelly’s racketeering charge (not an easy charge!) pumped up the stakes considerably.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, Bears01 said:

Over 20 years late, but GOOD:clap3: the local horror stories I’ve been hearing about him in the streets of Chicago….smh at it taking this long 

On 6/29/2022 at 8:00 PM, Kool_Aid_King said:

Literally. It seems like all of my friends who grew up around that area know of it.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:46 PM, i spit on haters said:

Yup. I've never lived in Chicago but I have family who have and I too have heard the stories. Like Kelly driving to middle and high schools in the local area to pick up young girls and would often try to to entice them with expensive and lavish gifts to lure in his victims. I'm glad he's behind bars but as we all know, there's still so many predators within the industry who are just as nefarious in their predatory ways just like R. Kelly. I personally believe years down the line, we'll start hearing similar stories about Drake. His "friendships" with barely legal women is weird as ****.

Did this ever make the news in Chicago? How did this not ever go national during or after his trials?

Not sure how to be politically correct about this as I'm white, but it seems his defenders within parts of the black community in Chicago specifically were as passionate if not moreso than the people trying to tell the truth - does this explain some of that hesitation? MSM just didn't care? Or both?

6 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Jesus. Hopefully some of this silencing culture changes, but money talks. Mess.

Yup (I hid my comment btw, I don’t like putting that kinda business out there, especially because I personally don’t know that much, I just go from hersay) but yeah, it’s been kind of an open secret in Chicago for the last 20+ years that something awfuls been going on (it wasn’t much of a secret to the American public as a whole either to be fair) but I literally grew up hearing the creepiest stories possible, it’s so surprising that he’s just now getting punished for it 

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Yup (I hid my comment btw, I don’t like putting that kinda business out there, especially because I personally don’t know that much, I just go from hersay) but yeah, it’s been kind of an open secret in Chicago for the last 20+ years that something awfuls been going on (it wasn’t much of a secret to the American public as a whole either to be fair) but I literally grew up hearing the creepiest stories possible, it’s so surprising that he’s just now getting punished for it 

I've changed the post to honor your request. 

Will see what happens in Chicago. 

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

There are actually exceptions to the US/France extradition treaty if you read the fine print that do involve processes for exceptional circumstances, and at the time she bought that mansion in NH they had enough evidence to have stopped her if she tried to leave but hadn’t gone right ahead and charged her as they were still building a better case.

Regardless, I also saw the argument made here that R.Kelly was involved and Ghislaine just arranged, which actually isn’t true - she was also involved in a lot of the actual assaults.

Ghislaine had better lawyers and R.Kelly’s racketeering charge (not an easy charge!) pumped up the stakes considerably.

The difference being Jizzlame is arrogant enough to believe she's innocent. 

1 minute ago, Joesuxx said:

The difference being Jizzlame is arrogant enough to believe she's innocent. 

Of course and I never claimed otherwise but R.Kelly thinks he is too. They're both playing virtuous. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Espresso said:

:ace: 

I thought Joycelyn broke out of his control a while ago? :confused: 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:43 PM, Bloo said:

I thought Joycelyn broke out of his control a while ago? :confused: 

There was an unsigned letter submitted to the judge filed by Kelly's legal team ahead of sentencing purported to be from Jocelyn pleading for leniency but her family doubts the letter is real and was wondering why she didn't just testify. Apparently Jocelyn and her family haven't spoke recently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.