Cameron Diaz is coming back to acting!

prézli

2 hours ago, P.O.P said:

YAAAAAAAS!

It is crazy how Hollywood couldn't produce another Cameron. There is literally nobody like her. A LEGEND. 

she was literally a basic blonde girl trying to be funny lol

there's MANY BETTER ones than her with less hype like rachel mcadams

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharapov

• prézli

• gugunikko

• chiliam

1 hour ago, Zayka said:

And Im just here to remind ya'll this masterpiece

I love this scene.

I need them to work together again, same as Drew and Lucy in another Charlie's Angels movie.

37 minutes ago, prézli said:

She retired because all her last movies were critically flops:

– Annie 28% on RT, a Razzie nomination

– Sex Tape 16% on RT, a Razzie win

– The Other Woman 25% on RT, a Razzie win

All of these movies were released in 2014, the last year she acted.

She retired around 2017/2018 because she wasn’t booking anything. There was a blind item about it before she officially announced retirement. It’s not surprising Since she’s mostly known for rom com/ comedy roles and, and those genre are dead plus ageism. 

We need Bad Teacher 2

Happy to hear this, I love most of her movies.

4 hours ago, gugunikko said:

She retired around 2017/2018 because she wasn’t booking anything. There was a blind item about it before she officially announced retirement. It’s not surprising Since she’s mostly known for rom com/ comedy roles and, and those genre are dead plus ageism. 

If she had a smart agent she could had gone to tv and just do a tv series. She could had her own The Middle/Modern Family, have an assemble cast and stay booked or maybe join an already successful show like Jennifer Love Hewwit ala 911 and just ride the show hype, then after a few seasons when the show ends try to get more roles on movies and maybe even go for more mature roles 

1 hour ago, Gabe² said:

If she had a smart agent she could had gone to tv and just do a tv series. She could had her own The Middle/Modern Family, have an assemble cast and stay booked or maybe join an already successful show like Jennifer Love Hewwit ala 911 and just ride the show hype, then after a few seasons when the show ends try to get more roles on movies and maybe even go for more mature roles 

Movie stars rarely do tv shows, it’s only becoming a thing now but in Hollywood, tv people used to get look down and movie stars feel some sort of elitism toward them. 

Jennifer Love h had a super popular show prior to 911 too so she’s been in the tv business. 

Edited by gugunikko

I knew it wouldn't last. 

Kind of ironic since I just read an article this week that retiring from acting was the best thing she's ever done. 

She’s back!!! We love her again!! Justice for Vanilla Sky & In Her Shoes… both deserved Oscar noms

Why? So she can make more bad movies? :skull: 

7 hours ago, prézli said:

She retired because all her last movies were critically flops:

– Annie 28% on RT, a Razzie nomination

– Sex Tape 16% on RT, a Razzie win

– The Other Woman 25% on RT, a Razzie win

All of these movies were released in 2014, the last year she acted.

Lol as if anyone care about RT or acclaimed when its come to comedy genres. 

Sex tape is harmless, not very funny but it has its moment.

Annie is quite ok but no one ask for that remake in the 1st place

But The other woman are absolutely hilarious, they don`t make R Rate comedy like that anymore.

10 hours ago, P.O.P said:

YAAAAAAAS!

It is crazy how Hollywood couldn't produce another Cameron. There is literally nobody like her. A LEGEND. 

her screen charisma is so unique.

Even if when the script sucks, she always elevate the material with her charisma

What happened in Vegas? 

The sweetest thing

are good examples of this.

7 hours ago, Sharapov said:

with her looks now she will get dragged in social media :sadviolin:

Or she can bring back aging naturally and not putting too much botox in your wooden no emotion face.

About time

16 hours ago, gugunikko said:

Movie stars rarely do tv shows, it’s only becoming a thing now but in Hollywood, tv people used to get look down and movie stars feel some sort of elitism toward them. 

Jennifer Love h had a super popular show prior to 911 too so she’s been in the tv business. 

While I agree that it was looked down it wasn’t that are and people chose NOT to do tv series but they still could and where wanted by tv networks

lucy Liu was in Elementary for like 7 years since 2012, Freddie highmore did Bates Motel, Halle berry with Extant, Anna Faris with Mom

then we had stars that started on tv and also did movies like Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer garner, Ashton Kutcher, 

stars that did both at the same time like Katherine heigl, then we also have 

plenty movie stars have done tv shows 

I’m just saying if she wasn’t offered any movie roles, tv networks always want movie stars to star on tv shows. If that’s the reason she retired she could had tried tv first 

1 hour ago, Gabe² said:

While I agree that it was looked down it wasn’t that are and people chose NOT to do tv series but they still could and where wanted by tv networks

lucy Liu was in Elementary for like 7 years since 2012, Freddie highmore did Bates Motel, Halle berry with Extant, Anna Faris with Mom

then we had stars that started on tv and also did movies like Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer garner, Ashton Kutcher, 

stars that did both at the same time like Katherine heigl, then we also have 

plenty movie stars have done tv shows 

I’m just saying if she wasn’t offered any movie roles, tv networks always want movie stars to star on tv shows. If that’s the reason she retired she could had tried tv first 

Tv shows required a lot of time commitment, that’s why a lot of movie stars who do tv shows had to sacrificed roles and opportunities. People you mentioned always have dabbled in both tv and movies since beginning of their career so they are familiar enough to work in both at the same time. It’s probably just her pride thing but who knows, maybe she weren’t offer any tv show roles either. 

If was clever of her to stop for 8 years or so and just live her damn life. The girl had been working non stop since being very young. Also her last few films bombed. It must’ve resulted in her getting less offers too. Thankfully the demand for ms Diaz is there.

She’s one of those rare Hollywood stars whose name alone will get people to tune in. I mean, what did we get after her in terms of A-List romcom lead actresses? Amy Schumer and the girl from Pitch Perfect? They don’t live up to the Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Lopez and Meg Ryan’s who used to run that genre.

**** those reviews! Her movies are fun and I’m glad she’s back. 

yass i love her, i just recently saw Mask, she was so amazing, can't wait for her comeback

On 6/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, Zayka said:

And Im just here to remind ya'll this masterpiece

:ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.