Is the new Instagram UI disgusting?

FOCK

Do you like the new Instagram interface?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Ew. She’ll never be Tiktok.
    • I like it.
    • Idc / don’t use it.

I don’t use social media anymore, but I jump on every now & again to check things. 

Has yours updated? How do you feel about this change?

One more reason to delete it, tbh.

I still use it for a few youtubers and cats videos :gaycat3:

I hate the TL, I don’t want to see stuff from strangers. I follow 10 accounts for a reason :deadbanana4:

10 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

How does it look like

It looks like TikTok. The home page “scroll” now feels like moving to a new page/video each swipe, and takes up the entire screen + changes to comments, likes & caption accessibility. Basically, it all functions like “reels”.

Edited by FOCK

insta is the most unoriginal app ever, all they do is steal ideas from other apps :rip:

I really dislike how Reels are being prioritized over normal posts. All videos are now converted into reels instead of regular videos.

No one uses instagram anymore. They are desperately trying to copy as many features from tiktok they can to see if the ones still there will remain there and not move to the competing platform. 

12 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

thats simply untrue 

Yeah, indeed. It's just a way of saying they are losing a lot of users fast. People keep their accounts but the time they spent inside the app is just a small fraction of what it was years ago. 

the UI no

the UX yes, and it’s getting worse by the day 

Tbf most social media is cluttered to the bone trying to capitalize. Like why is there a shopping section on Instagram? Haven’t they done enough datamining users and selling our info? :rip: I remember how clean and simple social media used to be.

I refuse to use any socials owned by Facebook/Meta. Poor Android users stuck with WhatsApp/Messenger as their main texting app. :skull: Meta continues being the worst tech company to ever exist. :foxaylove2:

40 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Yeah, indeed. It's just a way of saying they are losing a lot of users fast. People keep their accounts but the time they spent inside the app is just a small fraction of what it was years ago. 

This is till not true. It was 15 min in 2019 and it's 29 min these days. And I'm sure this is very different for teens specifically, but y'all seem to think that because you and your friends are acting different, the entire world population is following. It's not how it works. 

I haven't used FB in months but there's still almost 2 billion users PER DAY.

15 minutes ago, getBusy said:

This is till not true. It was 15 min in 2019 and it's 29 min these days. And I'm sure this is very different for teens specifically, but y'all seem to think that because you and your friends are acting different, the entire world population is following. It's not how it works. 

I haven't used FB in months but there's still almost 2 billion users PER DAY.

Facebook and IG will never go away.  Facebook is basically a news outlet now.  Who goes to TikTok for the latest news gossip?  IG is still the place for bodybuilders and artists and celebrities.

I hate it and it feels weird and not nearly as smooth as TikTok’s. 

This is how it looks like:

UWQfZLO.jpg GFtxSxF.png

2 hours ago, americanlife said:

I really dislike how Reels are being prioritized over normal posts. All videos are now converted into reels instead of regular videos.

Especially on youtube, I hate these reels because I have to click on a playlist to replay the videos 

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

insta is the most unoriginal app ever, all they do is steal ideas from other apps :rip:

tb when they stole the stories from Snapchat the lashings IG got :rip:

Ya I do NOT like it.

I get what they are doing, but maybe just reserve that interface for the videos then, but make all images appear in the previous way.

I am usually not one to complaing about new UI because I understand mostly it takes your eye getting used to it and then it feels normal, and you'll complain when they make the next change (like every logo change IG has had...)

BUT

Displaying pictures with coloured bars above and below does not look good. It's too "matchy" and for artists using IG to display their work, it looks far better in a white/gallery format. Also the carousel looks worse too.

ON TOP OF THAT, captions that OVERALP any image that is not landscape format now is a TERRIBLE design choice, as to make it readable they've decided to put a black shadow over the image, thereby again changing the integrity of how the image displays. Reading captons that are longer than 2 sentences is hard too, becuase they only show you about that mucht text, and you have to scroll within that small height to read more.

I understand their desire to pivot towards being their competitor, but at least retain parts of your platform that people use/like/enjoy. They can have both.

Edited by swissman

9 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Especially on youtube, I hate these reels because I have to click on a playlist to replay the videos 

I can’t stand the shorts on YouTube. Almost all videos under 60 seconds, even old videos, have been converted into Shorts. It’s difficult to scroll through the comments or channel information when watching a short.

Why do they want us to make videos now?

I don’t like talking or recording video all the time it’s like exhausting.

Instagram is a photo app, not a video app, they have slowly killed the app over the last few years.

They have a better shot at remaining relevant by being a photo app than a tiktok clone.

No one makes videos for reels, everyone makes them for tik tok and sometimes repost them on reels.

Glad I found this thread. Will never be updating this app again. Facebook ruins everything they touch :rip:

2 hours ago, spree said:

Facebook and IG will never go away.  Facebook is basically a news outlet now.  Who goes to TikTok for the latest news gossip?  IG is still the place for bodybuilders and artists and celebrities.

Uh, a lot of people lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.