India: Man beheaded in a shop for supporting RW politicians comment on Prophet

Specter

7 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Sharia law was written by political islamists and only followed politically . Quran does not state nor allows pedo behaviour. If anything it stopped that behaviour. 

All religions have terrible sides and people whom are terrorists. I've witnessed that first hand. But religion itself is nothing more than a spiritual concept and meditation. 

If only all followers of religions would keep it that way... unfortunately it's easy to become radicalized. :matty:

15 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

The problem is that as long as all those countries function according to sharia law, then their societies won't have a chance to progress. Islam never went through an overdue enlightenment process, and I see very little effort to go in that direction for now. :matty:

We just saw Tunisia propose secularism. The issue isn’t that progress isn’t happening, it’s that you’re ignoring it, not seeking the information out, or don’t have first hand experience in those nations. 

Sharia is a list of laws and governance, very much of their time. Most of which were passed through word of mouth & again, not all of which the various sects recognise. 

What you’re implying, without actually having to say it, is that people in those nations are somehow inherently barbaric & do not have the capacity to empathise, progress, change, or the motivation to politically organise and revolt. You’re also glaring over the concept of patriarchy & ascribing it all to a religion. Ironic, considering the support for America’s current regressive politics. :rip:

Islamic nations did go through an enlightenment actually, and were world leaders in fields of science, art, medicine & astronomy. Now you’re just regurgitating bs. 

Edited by FOCK

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

If only all followers of religions would keep it that way... unfortunately it's easy to become radicalized. :matty:

100% . Only a small portion of religious people follow the actual concept of religion. The 7 pillars of Islam is powerful and if followed there will be 0% hunger and homeless.

All this "Sharia law" was politically structured just after passing of prophet Mohammad. And all this pedo crap was written by christian and muslim pedos for self interest. And well it just went south and radical after that. Non of its current teaching aligns with what it actually is. It's painful to witness. Even Allah does not have a gender and it is stated in the quran , in the FIRST chapter. Let that sink in. 

What is going on in India? Every day something horrific happens there. 

23 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Islamic nations did go through an enlightenment actually, and were world leaders in fields of science, art, medicine & astronomy. Now you’re just regurgitating bs. 

Were. Past tense. We focus on the present where things like that in the OP are common due to religion. Well done to Tunisia and I hope more countries follow suit :michael:

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Were. Past tense. We focus on the present where things like that in the OP are common due to religion. Well done to Tunisia and I hope more countries follow suit :michael:

What I pointed out was that they did experience an enlightenment, meaning that Islam as a cultural & philosophical ideology, and progress, can & have coexisted. I’ve provided an example of current progress being made. And I’ve mentioned the political, structural & governmental barriers, as well as the intentional weaponisation of religion & patriarchy, and the incessant destabilisation of the region, that are barriers to accelerated change. 

It’s not as simple as “islam bad”, as some would like to argue. And yes, I hope more nations follow suit. 

The is insane. The **** happening in India right now doesn't get talked about enough (of course!). Hindus and Islamists there are attacking, killing and raping each other on a daily basis...

Edited by State of Grace.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.