Do you believe in Web 3, NFT's, Blockchains, and Crypto? Is it da future?

fauxtography

UGH my work tasked me with leading their new entry to the "decentralized" world, a project I've been working on for a couple of months now, and the more I've learned and got educated on it the more I'm firm in my belief that it is all useless BS with nothing but a very loud cult propelling it as the future. :rip:

6jXP15f.gif

Lets start;

Web 3? Doesn't make sense babes. Sounds like a straight to DVD sequel. It's all about "owning" your site and the content on it, away from ICANN and common law, however it doesn't actually operate like that. It is still mostly subject to law and at the mercy of where it was registered - at least right now in this half baked sense. But anyone who thinks they'll genuinely be able to have a free-for-all without government involvement in the future web 3 space is a complete idiot which is again, why I'm convinced the idea is only propelled by a cult of racist, homophobic and misogynist neckbeards who want a place to plan a massacre.

4LOd.gif

NFT's? Me dont fink. Talk about a GRIFT. This community really wants you to believe buying an NFT means they actually own it in every sense of the word. They want you to believe the tech is like, so out of this world and futuristic and is going to solve world hunger, when really it's a bunch of sad stay-at-home bromies hoping that pic of a penguin with a propeller hat is going to be worth 100k next week. The more I learn about them, and the marketplaces their sold on, and the "sacred" smart contract that doesn't actually mean anything valuable, the less I see any foreseeable real-world use they'll have. People are like, "someday you'll be able to buy a house via smart contract" and its like....uh a.) good luck buying that house you speak of but b.) you can...already do this? There's this implication that cutting out the middleman is the future when it's just a new middleman taking its place. It makes 0 SENSE

atrl.gif

Crypto? chile lemme get my purse. It's just stocks for middle-aged terminally online men who don't want to wait through the small gains of the corporate stock market. Very few crypto coins are actually executing any of the idea's they have (ETH) while the rest are just a gamble on empty promises we've seen failed over and over again (cardano anyone?). Also, how exactly is crypto the currency of the future when its still valued by federally backed cold hard cash? Imagine trying to sell someone on this idea that decentralized money is more valuable, the key to the future, and then panic selling it the second you see it drop a few cents because you know its gunna dip biggie and you're going to be out your life savings? Really? Why dont you hold....too scared? Or is it because the actual value of this monopoly money is tied to your value of USD? PUHLEEEEASE

XaoE.gif

And blockchains are just a new host with a different name. An engine to play with your fake money that doesn't operate any different than our current capabilities.

I'm just SO done having to read about this everyday. The majority of the tech industry is like, "well...we all think its a scam too but if we're wrong about it, we don't want to be behind, so lets invest too much into it and hope it pays off."

Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries. Lemme hop on my linked in and look for jobs at a non-profit before my watch tells me to practice mindfulness again

giphy.gif

I thought they are currently going under, so how are they the future? Your workplace is 2000 and late. 

This is just for those who can "afford" it, saying it's the future would mean that everyone would be rich in what, 10 years? Unlikely.:campfire:

No. No. NO.

Hate all of this **** and I wish I could block these words irl too so I wouldn't have to hear people around me or in my college obsessing over them.

6jXP15f.gif

1 minute ago, L.B GAGA said:

I thought they are currently going under, so how are they the future? Your workplace is 2000 and late. 

regardless how many times it goes under, the loud cult manages to convince people it's all part of the plan.

Its SUPPOSED to go under. If it didn't go under, how else would it go over? DUH

6jXP15f.gif

No. It's a money laundering scheme that's bound to fail. Technology in the current age can't handle the ideas they have about crypto but they'll never accept it :skull: It's going under for a ******* reason

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

No. No. NO.

Hate all of this **** and I wish I could block these words irl too so I wouldn't have to hear people around me or in my college obsessing over them.

6jXP15f.gif

girl i've been closing my eyes hoping it just didn't exist and now i'm knee deep in it having to come up with some gameplan that feels like I'm driving a bus of colleagues off a cliff

6jXP15f.gif

8 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

This is just for those who can "afford" it, saying it's the future would mean that everyone would be rich in what, 10 years? Unlikely.:campfire:

thats the thing about the cult tho

they constantly talk about crypto and it being the future because in that future where crypto "pops off" they're rich. they're the "smart" early investor that needs the rest of the world to buy in so that 401k they cashed out early on poopycoin doesn't send them to an early grave.

they know that realistically, if everyone had crypto, it would be worthless/adjacent to the cash we already have

XaoE.gif

10 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

girl i've been closing my eyes hoping it just didn't exist and now i'm knee deep in it having to come up with some gameplan that feels like I'm driving a bus of colleagues off a cliff

6jXP15f.gif

I hope you can find your way out of this cult soon sis

6jXP15f.gif

Edited by State of Grace.

I think it’s going to keep tanking for the next couple years, then it will have an aggressive comeback mixed with a new metaverse(but not the facebook one).

I think by 2030 we might be in a world dominated by that.

You need to realize that there are companies investing billions in this, and they are not going to rest till it happens

Crypto currency is something I can actually see being a useful thing. Everything else, hell no.

• ATRL Moderator

No.

They all sound flashy so people who don't know what they're talking about try to cram them into everything. A lot of my friends in software engineering have been venting to me about it. 

Blockchain is actually a really cool concept from a mathematical perspective. The math behind it is fascinating. The problem is it doesn't have a solid application. Crypto is the most obvious one, but even it is kinda useless for the average person. Cryptocurrency is great if you want to participate in crime, though.

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I think it’s going to keep tanking for the next couple years, then it will have an aggressive comeback mixed with a new metaverse(but not the facebook one).

I think by 2030 we might be in a world dominated by that.

You need to realize that there are companies investing billions in this, and they are not going to rest till it happens

This is that cult stuff I'm talking about. Like, yes, i know companies are investing billions in their respective metaverses but i'm going to need someone, ANYONE, to explain the value and necessity of each mega corp funding these projects having their own ecosystem/currency on their own decentralized servers when the reality is all this metaverse tech can be built on non-decentralized gizmo and gadgets?

there's two very different things that got caught up in crypto hype going on, and anyone who thinks any corps metaverse wont end up being anything BUT virtual reality based off the USD and hosted by regulated servers is DELULU :deadbanana2:

Out of all of those, it's the application of NFTs as a bunch of pictures that irks me the most. But I know for the fact that if K-pop gets into full blown NFT Photocards, etc., it will still sell well.

6jXP15f.gif

Bitcoin is the only crypto I think has any shot of turning into something significant

A disinflationary currency that is resistant to censorship and meddling. Insane to think it less than 15 years ago it was given out for free, and now it's hovering around 20k. 

Edited by Goaty

I’m doing around $4k a month in Crypto. It’s very much real.

1RPPBqF.gif

39 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

This is that cult stuff I'm talking about. Like, yes, i know companies are investing billions in their respective metaverses but i'm going to need someone, ANYONE, to explain the value and necessity of each mega corp funding these projects having their own ecosystem/currency on their own decentralized servers when the reality is all this metaverse tech can be built on non-decentralized gizmo and gadgets?

there's two very different things that got caught up in crypto hype going on, and anyone who thinks any corps metaverse wont end up being anything BUT virtual reality based off the USD and hosted by regulated servers is DELULU :deadbanana2:

It’s basically the same as Instagram or TikTok, there’s nothing tangible yet it’s already worth billions, lot of people became rich from them.

The novelty and hype kicks it off, once they are mega established people get their lives in there and it becomes a new economy.

After the metaverse or crypto are established in the world population just like social media is, there’s no turning back.

Edited by Trent W

A big part of the GP is still holding on to physical cash for dear life, do you think they will ever be interested in paying with fictional money that only exists in the internet?

It’s only valuable insofar enough ppl assign it value and buy into it. Same happened with the beginning of the stock market, though at least those were based around material assets and commercial goods/services. You never know, it could be the future but Rn seems like a Ponzi scheme.

Not this scam after NFT’s, Luna, and Bitcoin are plummeting. Not after multiple online posts by men with disposable incomes losing their savings and some becoming suicidal. :skull: This is a joke right

I think crypto has sorta proven itself to be useful and it can evolve in the future but NFTs sound like a DOA project that they're desperately forcing onto people like the new metaverse talk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.