• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• ProudLBS

• frenchyisback

• Bosque

Seems like bad news, and it really hammers home the cruelty of the Biden Administration pushing Ukraine to wage a war of attrition that it cannot possibly win in order to bog down Russia in a quagmire. :dancehall:

Germany being at risk of blackouts will never not be funny after they spent years trying to convince everyone that running a country on solar panels and windmills was a good idea :lmao:

FVtH5fkVUAAIz7Z?format=jpg&name=medium

12 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Seems like bad news, and it really hammers home the cruelty of the Biden Administration pushing Ukraine to wage a war of attrition that it cannot possibly win in order to bog down Russia in a quagmire. :dancehall:

You need to banned from commenting on this topic because your takes are consistently horrible. You don’t even live in any of these countries. go move to Russia if you wanna support a murderous dictator so badly. 

11 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Germany being at risk of blackouts will never not be funny after they spent years trying to convince everyone that running a country on solar panels and windmills was a good idea :lmao:

France typically exports electricity, but now it risks blackouts and a need for imported power because of problems at the state nuclear operator.

15 minutes ago, Dephira said:

You need to banned from commenting on this topic because your takes are consistently horrible. You don’t even live in any of these countries. go move to Russia if you wanna support a murderous dictator so badly. 

:clap3:

12 minutes ago, Dephira said:

the reactors are old af cause they were planning on closing a lot of them (before Putin and the rampant inflation changed their mind)

also they tend to shut down the ones far from the coast during summer cause it’s hard to cool them (they do maintenance during summer as well cause the demand for electricity is lower)

Germany is risking blackouts in the winter.

20 minutes ago, Dephira said:

You back Joe Biden who enthusiastically supported the invasion of Iraq. You have no room to talk about "supporting" murderous leaders and war criminals:ahh: 

20 minutes ago, Dephira said:

What they said is true. It’s very obvious to everyone not sipping the Western propaganda, that the US (under the direction of their monstrous military industrial complex) is pushing for more continuous war and not diplomacy and the it’s the ppl that are suffering on all ends. This will come back to bite all liberal govs in power in Europe...

37 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Literally this. Nuclear energy is the necessary transitional energy source the world should turn to until we can finally build up the infrastructure for renewables and get to the point of lowering energy consumption (which is overwhelmingly higher in the Global North) 

They should have prepared for this. But they got greedy with Nordstream 2 I fear.

I mean blackouts aren't the worst thing in the world. I grew up with constant blackouts especially in winter. Time to encourage people to use less 

Whats the big deal? humans survived without electricity 300 years ago

16 minutes ago, Brando said:

I mean blackouts aren't the worst thing in the world. I grew up with constant blackouts especially in winter. Time to encourage people to use less 

10 minutes ago, Mohit said:

Whats the big deal? humans survived without electricity 300 years ago

OMG i think you guys are genius because you just figured this whole thing out.  We don't need electricity if we don't use electricity. :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Taylena said:

OMG i think you guys are genius because you just figured this whole thing out.  We don't need electricity if we don't use electricity. :clap3:

serving

12 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Enjoy the life of an early man :clap3:

1 hour ago, Gov Hooka said:

What they said is true. It’s very obvious to everyone not sipping the Western propaganda, that the US (under the direction of their monstrous military industrial complex) is pushing for more continuous war and not diplomacy and the it’s the ppl that are suffering on all ends. This will come back to bite all liberal govs in power in Europe...

The only diplomatic solution to this war is for Russia to completely leave Ukraine, respect its sovereignty, and the complete removal of the Russian dictator and reworking of the Russian political system.  Every other scenario would be, to put it simply, a joke.

3 hours ago, Dephira said:

You need to banned from commenting on this topic - You don’t even live in any of these countries.

Wait, this can be criteria now to telling people to shut up? Whew US politics just got more exciting. :jonny:

OT: It'll always be the poor who disproportionally suffer in these situations so my hearts are with them. :heart:

22 minutes ago, Archetype said:

The only diplomatic solution to this war is for Russia to completely leave Ukraine, respect its sovereignty, and the complete removal of the Russian dictator and reworking of the Russian political system.  Every other scenario would be, to put it simply, a joke.

The solution you suggest is also just not going to happen. Not even a single step. Putin won't accept anything less than Ukraine relinquishing claim to Crimea and Donbas, and Ukraine does not have the capability to push them out without the US getting completely involved, declaring war on Russia itself and dropping nukes on Moscow.

Meanwhile, Russia's civilians are getting poorer and poorer while at the same time, they have no venue to enact regime change against Putin since it's basically illegal to run against him and you get imprisoned for life if you try. Russia's government, on the other hand, is making bank on oil sales to India and China.

I was watching a roundtable show on FRANCE24 with some economist etc. The overall consensus was that they're ****** for at least the next three years because of the policies they've been pushing for the last 15 years or so.

These countries about to have the worst of all worlds. Burning coal and still having blackouts. The other part is they can forget about Asia and the global south listening to them when it comes to anything regarding climate change. Europe has chosen virtue signaling over good policy, and now they're about to pay the price.

2 hours ago, Brando said:

:rip:

Maybe Ukraine is not worth starving and freezing millions of people...? Like, I feel sorry for them, it sucks they got invaded, but is it necessary to punish millions of people who have zero to do with this? They knew this could happen once they started giving sanctions to Russia and directly funding Ukraine's army

3 hours ago, Brando said:

Sis London doesn't exactly freeze in the winter. There are parts of continental Europe that get to -20. You will die without heating. In London you just use a thick blanket if your heating goes out, maybe you'll get a cold.

6 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Literally this. Nuclear energy is the necessary transitional energy source the world should turn to until we can finally build up the infrastructure for renewables and get to the point of lowering energy consumption (which is overwhelmingly higher in the Global North) 

Transitional? What would they do when there’s no sun or wind? Stop the entire country?

Europe should’ve transitioned to nuclear after the 1973 oil crisis. The EU spent billions to make Europe basically self-sufficient in terms of agriculture, they should’ve done the same to the energy sector. We would rely less on the US and on 3rd world dictators.

5 hours ago, Protocol said:

Sis London doesn't exactly freeze in the winter. There are parts of continental Europe that get to -20. You will die without heating. In London you just use a thick blanket if your heating goes out, maybe you'll get a cold.

Blackout doesn't mean you'll be out of power for days. Electricity can be rationed. You'll be without electricity for one hour day once a day or maybe twice a day. That will save a lot of power. No one's gonna die in one hour without electricity. Plus I'm sure they wouldn't to this to the coldest areas 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.