• One Of The Boys
    • Animal
  2. 2. Impactful?

• One Of The Boys
    • Animal
  3. 3. Better?

• One Of The Boys
    • Animal

Both one of the biggest debut eras of recent memory… spawned top 10 singles like Tik Tok, Your Love Is My Drug (Kesha) and Hot N Cold and I Kissed A Girl (Katy) WW and sold a similar amount of copies (estimated to be around 7M units WW)

Both had a rock edge to it and also were produced by Doctor Luke, and also both were panned by critics when they were released but somehow gained some recognition and impact in retrospective…

But what‘s the bigger one? What’s the impactful one? What’s your favorite?

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

Ugh, this is hard to choose, I see both kind of on pair. :jonny5:

Animal was a moment, felt as a huge era, bigger than OOTB, but OOTB has two monster classics: IKAG and HNC. 

I choose Animal bigger than OOTB.

I'm a fan of both albums and both girls but I think Kesha is on top for all of them. I've always been more of a fan of dance pop than anything else but Katy's album is great too.

I think Animal was slightly bigger but it aged the worse.

The singles are still a serve tho :jonnycat:

Animal is better than anything Katy ever did

Kesha for all tbh! but i do like One of the Boys too

Tik Tok was probably slightly bigger than any of the OOTB singles, but overall Katy wins in all categories. 

Animal started the wave of sing talk, Katy's OOFB had cute hits but nothing grounbreaking, gay baiting as a first single... A choice

OOTB WW, Animal in the US, which is why the latter might feel slightly bigger.

but OOTB had the better sales, the bigger current classics and the the better quality.

animal is an actual album seller and wasnt panned :clap3: 

I would say Animal for all three. 
Also I just noticed Katy’s first three album covers have clouds on the majority of the cover. 

One of the boys is bigger overall but Animal was a very successful era, both win :clap3:

Edited by thismoment

They are both kinda on the same level. Maybe Katy takes the cake because I Kissed a Girl + Hot N' Cold are faaar bigger than everything post-Tik Tok.

Animal for all three. I really like OOTB and think it's arguably Daisy's Mom's best album, but Animal was one of the first albums I ever fell in love with and it still holds up because of the really solid pop songwriting.

Love both :heart2: Animal feels bigger cause it was Kesha's peak but looking at the certifications looks like OOTB was bigger as a whole, also it scored two huge hits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.