Biggest BET nominee Doja Cat goes empty handed (0/6)

Green

@Greenslight correction to the OP, both family ties and Smokin Out The Window won for video(s) of the year 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Green

• professor2000

• AMX

Top Posters In This Topic

The urban community doesn’t really take her serious and mess with her music. They think she makes music for white people and gays

34 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

The urban community doesn’t really take her serious and mess with her music. They think she makes music for white people and gays

actually da urban listener is here for her hence why there are so many black people stannin doja left and right

now those in power like urban radio don't mess with ha and u can see awards committees are da same

She should have at least gotten Female Hip Hop Artist. 

32 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

All the losses seem fine?

Right, the overdramatics whenever Doja serves OUT at an award show:coffee2:

Like they still haven't they gotten used to it for the past 2 years? Ddddd. 

OT: Like any other outcome was going to take place

0992095F-8A3C-46ED-ADE2-D1457185B2D0.thumb.gif.049ba3927c3ffbbe4068a11bb995423b.gif

This is unfair. Doja deserves it more than Mary J who haven’t been Relevant or able to score hit in how long?

She should have at least gotten Female Hip Hop Artist. 

3 hours ago, tshwark said:

Doja is playing in the mayor leagues now, let Jasmine and MEgan get some awards. especially Megan whose career is going nowhere. 

This is why I’m not worried about her not winning.  

Mini rant since I see some people connecting the dots between urban and black communities — I hate the word URBAN. Like, we know what you mean. It’s been dated and played for decades. And when you use urban as a specific type of community, you’re not talking about the Pleasantville suburbs. Black people live everywhere and our community isn’t a monolithic adjective. The “Black community” is fine if we’re generalizing (which I never do, but I understand that some things are simply ours and we own it). Even still, a lot of rap music is consumed by white people nowadays anyway. The fact that radio still uses urban is cringe to me. Just say ghetto and get on with it. 

She should have won best collaboration over Bieber and whoever that one is.

All the other categories were correct.

BET hates Black/Biracial Pop Girls its sick. Doja outsold most of the winners this year alone but GOD FORBID a Black/Biracial Pop Girl becomes successful and appeals to both black and whites :rip:

She lost VOTY to that boring ass video from Silk Sonic? Girl...

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

If she showed up they would have given her something 

I think it’s the opposite.  Teams get unofficial word if an artist should attend (wink, wink).  

Especially BET, MTV, etc…now, Grammys won’t give any hints.  Which is why ppl frequently show up and go home empty handed :skull: 

10 hours ago, Shinning said:

She’s kinda in the same spot Rihanna was before Unapologetic. She’s a black girl that makes pop music so she’ll always be underappreciated by then.

that makes sense. aside from male collab wins, rihanna got 2 awards:

Female for the What's My Name year, and Female for the Diamonds year

4 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

BET hates Black/Biracial Pop Girls its sick. Doja outsold most of the winners this year alone but GOD FORBID a Black/Biracial Pop Girl becomes successful and appeals to both black and whites :rip:

6 hours ago, Power love said:

This is unfair. Doja deserves it more than Mary J who haven’t been Relevant or able to score hit in how long?

These coping mechanisms are a mess:ace:

Not every award show is the billboard awards.

9 hours ago, tshwark said:

Doja is playing in the mayor leagues now, let Jasmine and MEgan get some awards. especially Megan whose career is going nowhere. 

The problem with stanning is...:lakitu:

Jazmine deserves her award and Megan deserved her award. Doja wouldn't have been the best pop/R&b winner going against a true r&b superstar who won two grammys for a comeback album.

Meg simply put out more hip hop records and some did decent in the urban crowd.

the group/collab one that Justin won was the injustice here. Doja and Sza's was by far the best collab

Looks like she wasn’t the woman of the night 

3ad1bc3a7508be37f396d32f3bdb4fd35936a103.gifv

They probably have a bunch of nameplates printed and attach the one of whoever shows up.

14 minutes ago, harwee said:

They probably have a bunch of nameplates printed and attach the one of whoever shows up.

:ahh:

58 minutes ago, slw84 said:

The problem with stanning is...:lakitu:

Jazmine deserves her award and Megan deserved her award. Doja wouldn't have been the best pop/R&b winner going against a true r&b superstar who won two grammys for a comeback album.

Meg simply put out more hip hop records and some did decent in the urban crowd.

the group/collab one that Justin won was the injustice here. Doja and Sza's was by far the best collab

But Jazmin doesn’t do pop and the category is called best r&b/pop which Doja does. 

she was snubbed hard. 

Edited by AMX

6 minutes ago, AMX said:

But Jazmin doesn’t do pop and the category is called best r&b/pop which Doja does. 

she was snubbed hard. 

you clearly don't get it and that's sad.

It's a category where pop AND R&B artists are nominated. It has nothing to do with fusing pop and r&b together:rip:

ATRL always reminds me their entry into hip hop and rap are young money cash money.

I think many of you all don't even know the difference between hip hop and rap when it shows hip hop/rap as a category at an award show.

She deserved 1 award. the others were justified.

again, with the BET awards it's not always about sales. Doja has more impact in the pop sphere not in the urban hip hop culture.

1 minute ago, slw84 said:

you clearly don't get it and that's sad.

It's a category where pop AND R&B artists are nominated. It has nothing to do with fusing pop and r&b together:rip:

ATRL always reminds me their entry into hip hop and rap are young money cash money.

I think many of you all don't even know the difference between hip hop and rap when it shows hip hop/rap as a category at an award show.

She deserved 1 award. the others were justified.

again, with the BET awards it's not always about sales. Doja has more impact in the pop sphere not in the urban hip hop culture.

You don’t get it. Jazmin is r&b, while Doja does pop and r&b and that makes her a better fit. 

1 hour ago, AMX said:

You don’t get it. Jazmin is r&b, while Doja does pop and r&b and that makes her a better fit. 

Bless your heart:lmao: you clearly don't get the purpose of the category...and do not understand why Jazmine would win.

Continue to emote...bless you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.