What's the best horror franchise?

wantedyoutogrow

• ATRL Moderator

Scream. Most large horror franchises are so inconsistent in terms of quality, erring towards being awful. Scream is pretty consistently good. Even its worst movie (Scream 3 ofc) is better than the average horror sequel. 

Scream does feel like the most consistent since they haven’t milked it as much as others and it has less filler in its catalogue. Elm Street does have higher highs and at least 3 very solid movies, but the franchise has been dragged down by a few bad films and a terrible reboot. The thing with the horror genre is that so many movies that should’ve been left untouched as standalone films were tainted with some sort of sequel or further entries that damaged the brand, not becoming a franchise would’ve been key for some horror classics.

6 hours ago, .KUNTana said:

nndmnsksks NOT you fggts snubbing Texas Chainsaw:biblio:

Scream is trash to me, never got the hype. Ghost face just doesn’t compare to The other horror icons. Leatherface, Jason, Freddy…EVEN Chucky>>>>

TCM has 3 good movies out of 9, with all due respect it's probably the worst franchise of them all, even F13 has more watchable movies. The original TCM and the remake are fantastic tho

image0.gif

3 hours ago, sexyback007 said:

Scream does feel like the most consistent since they haven’t milked it as much as others and it has less filler in its catalogue. Elm Street does have higher highs and at least 3 very solid movies, but the franchise has been dragged down by a few bad films and a terrible reboot. The thing with the horror genre is that so many movies that should’ve been left untouched as standalone films were tainted with some sort of sequel or further entries that damaged the brand, not becoming a franchise would’ve been key for some horror classics.

I kinda agree but some sequels really elevate the previous movies, atleast culturally. Basically what I mean is if a sequel wasn't made a lot of people would've never found out about the original movie, no matter how bad the sequel is

image0.gif

Edited by wantedyoutogrow

Scream for consistent quality, Saw for over the top soap opera plot lines and gore effects :fan:

other just can’t compare I fear 

1 hour ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

TCM has 3 good movies out of 9, with all due respect it's probably the worst franchise of them all, even F13 has more watchable movies. The original TCM and the remake are fantastic tho

image0.gif

IT HAS 9 MOVIES!? 

2 hours ago, Cherish said:

IT HAS 9 MOVIES!? 

yes, and basically half of them are reboots

image0.gif

On 6/26/2022 at 11:23 PM, Bears01 said:

:cm: (Though it has a ton of AWFUL movies to it’s name tbf) Michael Myers remains the king of Halloween 

‘Halloween 5’ is ICONIC.

That it looks like it was shot on film from the early 70s.

The fact Michael just chills at a voodoo hermits house for a year then wakes up from a coma just to kill him.

Dr Loomis literally ready to sacrifice a 9 year old child because after 4 movies he’s over this ****.

The fact said 9 year old managed to outrun a ******* CAR.

Tina missing the turn off for Camp Crystal Lake and ending up in a ‘Halloween’ movie.

“C-C-C-Cookie........Woman”

A CLASSIC I Fear.

Edited by superglowy
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, superglowy said:

‘Halloween 5’ is ICONIC.

That it looks like it was shot on film from the early 70s.

The fact Michael just chills at a voodoo hermits house for a year then wakes up from a coma just to kill him.

Dr Loomis literally ready to sacrifice a 9 year old child because after 4 movies he’s over this ****.

The fact said 9 year old managed to outrun a ******* CAR.

Tina missing the turn off for Camp Crystal Lake and ending up in a ‘Halloween’ movie.

“C-C-C-Cookie........Woman”

A CLASSIC I Fear.

As terrible as that movie is, it’s hella entertaining :cm: Jamie’s chase scene in the house>>>

• Thanks 1

Top 3 is evil dead, nightmare on elm street and the conjuring. Would be Friday the 13th at number 1 if we could remove Jason goes to hell.

Scream definetly, followed by Evil Dead (just because of it's niche nature) and Final Destination

It's lowkey Wrong Turn. Three Fingers is one of the most iconic horror villains to grace the direct-to-video silver screen

wrong-turn-hill-billy.gif

Edited by Taylor Sniffs

Scream 

5 hours ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

It's lowkey Wrong Turn. Three Fingers is one of the most iconic horror villains to grace the d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶-̶t̶o̶-̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ silver screen

wrong-turn-hill-billy.gif

???

final destination

other franchises especially slasher ones get stale after two movies and scream is probably the worst of these, if you've seen scream 1 (still the best of the franchise) you've seen all the other scream films, same with jason but fd manages to keep things interesting with the kills and linking events together

Nightmare in Elm Street or Halloween.

Scream, Saw, and ANOES

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.