Do you journal?

enchanted0

Thinking about try it (for the 837418934 time) and suddenly I got curious about how others do it

Do you journal? How often? How you do it? Do you write or use something like iPad? What kind of notebook (or diary?) do you use?

I don't really journal but I vent in my Notes app and then delete it

I want to, it's a good idea, but whenever I start I get too lazy by like day 3

I used to A LOT when I was a kid and fell out of practice for like, 20 years. 

I’ve recently gotten back into it and I love it. It’s an excellent way to focus and release ideas (both positive and negative), and it’s nice to look back and see the progress you’ve made or remember some good/bad times you might have forgotten about. 

I personally keep a journal for writing and a sketch book, and use them both in tandem, and I love it 

I used to until I was in 10th grade but my mom and some cousins found it and read everything written in it :psyduck: truly one of the most embarassing moments of my life 

Edited by KnightOfAllRealms

No, I’m too much of a perfectionist. I’m getting frustrated with myself, if my journal doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing. 

• 2 weeks later...

i do it in stages. there will be a couple weeks where i journal every night until i inevitably get lazy and stop

its a really great outlet for your feelings and emotions, and its great to go back and read your entries months later. i just write in a small notebook i bought from target but its really up to you wherever you want to write them :heart:

On 6/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, KnightOfAllRealms said:

I used to until I was in 10th grade but my mom and some cousins found it and read everything written in it :psyduck: truly one of the most embarassing moments of my life 

this was also a reason i stopped for a while. i was basically outed because my mom went snooping through my stuff :rip:

Yes, it keeps me sane

I switch between my notebook and my notes app depending on how and where I am, but I really just need to vent to myself in order to get my thoughts aligned and ordened 

There was a point in my life during college that I would journal in a form of a private blog. I look back into it and it's so fun to see how much my life has changed. I might do it again as I think it helps. Atm, I have a private acct that I post a random pic from the day and just put some cute caption on how my day went. Been doing it for more than a year. It's a bit therapeutic. It's not full blown as like a journal, but it's fun to see what happened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.