• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• John Slayne

• Literature

• A Bomb

21 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

This is not true, for example only 35 percent of Texans want abortion banned completely 

Obviously abortion is not that important an issue for Texans if they keep voting for Republicans who want to ban it, even if the voters themselves as a whole do not want a complete ban on abortion.

The way I see this ruling is just giving more power to the individual states, and it’s more democratic this way.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Lord i f*cking hate America!

Save that energy for your own backwards country too <3

• Indonesian law allows abortion in medical emergencies, as well as in cases of severe fetal anomaly. In the latter situation, if the woman is married, both she and her husband must consent. The law was expanded in 2009 to legalize abortion in cases of rape, but only up to six weeks’ gestation.

It really is astounding. And yet, when you think about it a little harder, it becomes clear that they wanted this to happen so they could fundraise off it, and then proceed to never do anything because the means they’ve limited themselves to redressing the problem require mathematically impossible solutions.

Here’s a hard truth: there will never be 60+ Democrats in the Senate. And yet, because Biden and enough Democratic Senators don’t want to change the filibuster, that’s the only scenario in which federal abortion will come to be.

Meanwhile, it’s highly likely the Republicans will have 60 Senate votes in 2025 that they can easily implement a federal abortion ban with.

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It really is astounding. And yet, when you think about it a little harder, it becomes clear that they wanted this to happen so they could fundraise off it, and then proceed to never do anything because the means they’ve limited themselves to redressing the problem require mathematically impossible solutions.

Here’s a hard truth: there will never be 60+ Democrats in the Senate. And yet, because Biden and enough Democratic Senators don’t want to change the filibuster, that’s the only scenario in which federal abortion will come to be.

Meanwhile, it’s highly likely the Republicans will have 60 Senate votes in 2025 that they can easily implement a federal abortion ban with.

I just saw this too. They have rolled over on their backs like dogs after being reprimanded. These people need to get kicked out of ******* office. 

57 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

I just saw this too. They have rolled over on their backs like dogs after being reprimanded. These people need to get kicked out of ******* office. 

This is why Bernie was the compromise. Everything else was going to be lesser, with maybe Warren (her electability issues aside) being the only acceptable alternative before her “Bernie is a sexist” attempt at a Hail, Mary.

We knew Biden would be impotent. We also knew Kamala would fail to meet the gravity of the moment. And yet this is whom they forced on us. The absolute worst actors they could have possibly chosen. I-….

Democrats still doing nothing…..time to take those mfs out!

6 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

This is why Bernie was the compromise. Everything else was going to be lesser, with maybe Warren (her electability issues aside) being the only acceptable alternative before her “Bernie is a sexist” attempt at a Hail, Mary.

We knew Biden would be impotent. We also knew Kamala would fail to meet the gravity of the moment. And yet this is whom they forced on us. The absolute worst actors they could have possibly chosen. I-….

:clap3:

4 hours ago, Living To Tell said:

:clownny:

On 6/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, Jan said:

Obviously abortion is not that important an issue for Texans if they keep voting for Republicans who want to ban it, even if the voters themselves as a whole do not want a complete ban on abortion.

The way I see this ruling is just giving more power to the individual states, and it’s more democratic this way.

Was it democratic when Conservatives wanted states rights to keep slavery

Was it democratic when Conservatives wanted States rights to deny Civil Rights to Black people?

Was it Democratic when Conservatives wanted States rights to ban gay marriage?

States rights is a very tired talking point that's been used over 150 years to take ppl's rights away:rip:

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Was it democratic when Conservatives wanted States rights to either deny or grant Civil Rights to Black people?

States rights is a very tired talking point that's been used over 150 years to take ppl's rights away:rip:

I'm so tired of that talking point. :rip: Yes you want state's rights...to ban the things you disagree with that you'd be unlikely to ban on a federal level.

I know, instead of giving the power to the states, let's give the power to ban abortion to the counties. Or better yet, let's give that power to the cities. Or how about individual households? Or how about we just give those rights to individual people!

9 hours ago, Armani? said:

Was it democratic when Conservatives wanted States rights to deny Civil Rights to Black people?

You know what’s a tired talking point? Making a progressive/regressive false dichotomy where if you don’t support centralisation of power, you’re obviously pro-slavery.

If your argument is that leaving power up to states leads to tyranny then why not have Washington, D.C. decide everything for every county and see how efficiently it works out for people who live thousands of miles away.

Edited by Jan

4 minutes ago, Jan said:

if you don’t support centralisation of power

You're literally defending the centralization of power over people's bodies to the state lol. Whu are your views always so reactionary and bad?

The heart of an embryo starts to beat from around 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.

So to me, anything over 6 weeks is fair game for the legislator to go after.

Edited by frenchyisback

44 minutes ago, Living To Tell said:

He's right though.. Not much for the executive branch to do other than freeing up travel for women who elect to get an abortion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.