Kim Petras covers V Magazine; talks about new album & Xtina

Lady Claire

62222_Pride_Cover_TH2.jpg

On performing with Legend X:

V: I saw clips of it online and it looked amazing. I also know a few weeks ago you were invited by Christina Aguilera to perform at LA Pride. How did that come to be? 

KP: It happened because we have the same hairstylist [laughs]. He played my music for her and she loved it. She looked into me more and invited me to come up with her for that segment of the show. I think she has an incredible voice and I love Stripped. That was such a moment and that album was really really special to me and so many people. It was really magical. [With my look] I just wanted to give you a look at what Dirrty Christina would wear now. I just enjoyed singing with a legend. It was sick.

Her intentions with Slvt Pop:

V: And when you sat down to write, **** Pop, what were your intentions? What did you want to imbue with that project? 

KP: Well, first of all, I love electro, club music. I feel like I was raised in gay clubs in Germany and techno and rave music has been my sh*t since I was a kid. All I wanted to be was a raver. So I think the sound was the first thing. I just wanted to make stuff that sounded like that and took me back to when I fell in love with club music. And then as the concept developed, it became a lot about the shame that people have about their sexuality. For me, it became a lot about being Transgender. Because for many of my friends and people that I've met, sex work was the only option to be able to transition. Had I not had parents that supported me, I would have probably gone the same route because you get kicked out if you're not accepted, then you're homeless. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to not take itself too seriously. It's supposed to make you feel good about yourself. But I also wanted to take away the shame of the word "****" or sleeping with whoever you want to sleep with. It's hard because, at the end of the day, it's just supposed to be fun. You're supposed to put it on and have a blast. But there was also that intention of not feeling ashamed.

On the upcoming album:

V: What can we expect from the new music? Similar themes or different ones? 

KP: I don't like to repeat myself. So yes, there are new themes. I like to evolve and I feel like right now I had a moment of change. Like the music that I listened to changed, the clothes that I wear changed and everything feels different. So yes, it's a new chapter and I love a concept record–so it's definitely that. That's all I'm going to say.

V-Pride-2042-scaled.jpgV-Pride-2022_0745-scaled.jpg

https://vmagazine.com/article/kim-petras-pride/

She's been on the studio lately with Earwulf (Ava Max), Madison Love (Gaga, Katy, Kim herself, Ava), Sarah Hudson (Katy) and Vaughn Oliver.

Since Republic said NO to the first version of Problématique she's starting from the scratch, currently working with more people aside of Luke and i'm starting to think that even the album title was changed now :giraffe:

I'll drag her ass if All she Wants was scrapped @Bicassie

A lot of retouching going on here

4 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I just enjoyed singing with a legend.

I love how people in the music industry always refer to Xtina as a legend. And rightfully so, Legend X :clap3: also taste at the Stripped stanning!

2 minutes ago, undermyskin said:

:skull: 

the cover looks like someone cropped out the head and put it in someone elses body and the other have poses that are so off :skull: 

these pics literally just aren’t of her lmao . either they got the intern to create a CGI or used that new AI software and made it create ‘kim petras v magazine photoshoot’ cos this just ain’t her :skull:

35 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I'll drag her ass if All she Wants was scrapped @Bicassie

Second this.

she literally looks nothing like that

anyway let me go give Hillside Boys a stream

7776746C-8DB5-4E39-9A85-7F00444AFC99.thu

2 hours ago, undermyskin said:

:deadbanana2:

It’s giving You Don’t Know What to Do single cover 

Could’ve embraced her new curvy body, she said she feels hotter now that she’s kinda chubby.

I just need her to release revelations... that's literally all I need

possessed-crazy.gif

she looks great

It's giving Aubrey O Day Instagram

Love her, she’s so lucky to be able to perform with her Idol

But I also wanted to take away the shame of the word "****" or sleeping with whoever you want to sleep with. It's hard because, at the end of the day, it's just supposed to be fun. You're supposed to put it on and have a blast. But there was also that intention of not feeling ashamed.

:deadbanana: these newer acts swear they are making some real **** :skull: 

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

It’s giving You Don’t Know What to Do single cover 

:rip: Mariah’s face reminded me of a mask 

I like the pics and I'm happy she got the cover, I think this is really important for trans artists to get this kind of exposure. Idk why they needed to photoshop her body so much though when her body was supposed to be thick and chubby. 

10 hours ago, undermyskin said:

:skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.