Has your fave been co-signed/recognised by Paul McCartney?

Daydream

McCartney is arguably THE, if not one of the most important figures in modern music, and certainly one of the last ones alive.

Has your fave been recognised, or co-signed by him? Has he given your fave the 'stamp of approval'? Post pics/videos/receipts. It could be that he praised them, or collaborated/performed with them etc.

E.g. Mariah:

And MJ he collaborated several times, they were good friends (despite their disagreements about the ownership of the catalog).

And Kanye he collaborated with twice and they hung out quite a lot around 2015/2016.

Yes, he said the reason he decided to go to X-Factor is because he saw B there. He said that if it was good enough for B then it's good enough for him. :heart:

89ea091b59addc795318d9d5d564ca3a.jpg

Well here he is trying to help her pull her boot off.  Here they interviewed each other, and Paul compliments her music quite a few times throughout. They were supposed to play Glastonbury together before covid, and I'm sure they would've done at least one song live together.

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Well...

FC_mmoZWEAIXy6h.jpg

huxPyqPBqh6X6IEL.jpg

Epmpqo6WwAEzXap.jpg

:dies:

sjhjkf not us going for the exact same thing at the same time :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

89ea091b59addc795318d9d5d564ca3a.jpg

Well here he is trying to help her pull her boot off.  Here they interviewed each other, and Paul compliments her music quite a few times throughout. They were supposed to play Glastonbury together before covid, and I'm sure they would've done at least one song live together.

One of the best songwriters of the 20th century with one of the best from the 21st century. :clap3: (and this is rare praise coming from me as an OTH - but their interaction was very cute)

A collab with Gaga that still hasn't seen the light of day (maybe this year?) :skull: He has also praised her on several occasions and has recently said that she helped him recognize his own self-loathing "Someone you respect can often help you see something in a song that you initially thought was crap."

lady-gaga-1-600-3.jpg&q=60

Taylor is friends with his daughter and they have covered RS together. He also revealed that she inspired his song "Who Cares": McCartney cited American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift as his main inspiration for the song, said "I was actually thinking about Taylor Swift and her relationship to her young fans". 

Screen-Shot-2020-11-13-at-9.03.40-AM-e1605287829923.png

They got to perform a Beatles cover in front of Paul McCartney, Yoko and Ringo and Ringo later gave Dan a kiss on the cheek (confirmed by Dan in a YouTube video) and Paul left them a note praising their performance. :clap3:

Edited by Cutthroat

Of course, it had to be asked - what was his advice for our own most successful music export, Kiwi songstress Lorde?

"I don't think she really needs any advice," McCartney said. "She's young, so it's unfiltered and I like that. 

"Just keep going, girl... and have a margarita."

No, he probably doesn't care about Britney, although I doubt she cares either way.

yes she has a smash hit single with him:

performed with him at the Grammys:

& he invited her on stage at one of his shows:

Probably not

He interviewed Harry for his first ever solo interview and Harry is close with the entire McCartney family. He's been photographed by his daughter, his grandson and has hung out with Stella :heart:

Yes, Lana Del Rey met him back when she was making her first independent-released album in 08. Wonder if he stans her now...

Edited by NOW

2 minutes ago, Juanny said:

i might as well use ur post cause we have the same two faves :heart: 

Tasteful kings only! :heart:

Beatles legend Paul McCartney has said he went to watch Beyoncé perform live to get inspiration for his own concerts.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2013/1004/478307-paul-mccartney-inspired-by-beyonce/#:~:text=Beatles legend Paul McCartney has,seem ''old fashioned''.

An unlikely pair: Beyoncé and Paul McCartney revealed as 'gym buddies'

“They strolled in laughing and joking like old pals and hopped on the treadmill. Paul had a remarkably good pace,” a source said.

“Beyoncé then got off to join her trainer, who was trying to get Paul to join in. The pair then moved on to the studio where they stretched and did some gentle Pilates. People think it was a coincidence but it isn’t the first time they have been to the gym together,” the insider added.

https://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/an-unlikely-pair-beyonce-and-paul-mccartney-revealed-as-gym-buddies-30200851.html

This one is a kii. :toofunny3: Bey has the most eclectic range of friends.

Edited by MrLovett

31 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Well...

FC_mmoZWEAIXy6h.jpg

huxPyqPBqh6X6IEL.jpg

Epmpqo6WwAEzXap.jpg

:dies:

:cm:

Also:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZseD2hLuhamdPyGo9E9f

“‘He's almost a saintly figure in England’, Martin said. ‘It's hard to not think of him as a mythical figure’.

He joked that Sir Paul is a little stingy when doling out praise. ‘He'll give you a nod and doesn't leave’, Martin said. ‘He called us a good little band’.

Hey, isn't that how McCartney describes The Beatles?

‘Yeah, I know’, he said.”

Source

Chris attended two of his family's private parties as well (that the public know anyway).

Edited by gustavothehuman

He's the sweetest man. It's so beautiful how he keeps up with new artists, encourages them and gives them praise. Oasis should take notes. 

And for an old guy, he's really not misogynistic, he covers young popular female artists of praise when those from his generation tend to find them lacking. 

Presenting to Lauryn Hill for Video of the Year in 99

madonna-paul-mccartney-mtv-1571997450.jp EaxUcD2WsAEbKbL.jpg

Madonna's is also besties with his daughter, Stella. 

3 minutes ago, ArtForFreedom said:

That intro showing all her iconic looks through the years was amazing. :alexz: Award shows have gone so downhill, they never do stuff like this anymore.

Well, considering my fav made a beautiful song with Paul says enough. :clap3: and as you said, @Daydreamthey’ve hung out a lot in the past, they are great friends.:clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.