‘Lilo & Stitch’ director frustrated by ‘Frozen’ praise: "We did it first!"

Riot

47 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

But the main characters in Lilo & Stich are well, Lilo & Sitch, Lilo's sister appears but nothing would've happened if she wasn't there so she's basically just there.

it's not lilo and nani for a reason :gaygacat7:

Ofc the frozen haters would no taste would come in here and drag it.

Frozen 1 and Frozen 2 are amazing.

2 hours ago, LustSpell said:

I find this kinda stupid. Frozen is very on the dot about the romance and how Anna wants to be married to a cute prince and stuff until she learns she doesn't really need that. While Lilo & Stitch had Nani and Lilo more in a parental type relationship that never really had that "dream" Disney romance that Anna was crazy about. Lilo & Stitch was more a plight about how Nani had to support her family while being in the circumstances she was in. I just imagine more kids can relate to the Anna and Elsa relationship moreso than Lilo and Nani. As true as Nani and Lilo's situation can be for some people.

Pretty much can be summed up to Frozen being a Disney princess movie that broke standard stereotypes, while Lilo & Stitch never approached that subject. It was always meant to be a coming-of-age movie describing growth between two sisters.

Exactly

The main focus of Lilo and Stich was on a girl and her new pet alien

The main focus of Frozen was on two sisters' relationship

Frozen is TRASH and it will always boggle my mind why everyone loved it :deadbanana2: Lilo & Stitch is superior 

He’s right and Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride and Can’t help falling in love (A-teens) are better than anything in the Frozen franchise.  

white privilege... what's new ?

He is absolutely correct. Lilo & Stitch, other than being my personal favourite film of all time, is the most daring & groundbreaking film Disney has ever been brave enough to create. 

It’s a masterclass in animation, sound, storytelling, cultural appreciation & character building. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

Exactly

The main focus of Lilo and Stich was on a girl and her new pet alien

The main focus of Frozen was on two sisters' relationship

That… was not the main focus of L&S sis. 

It explores themes of childhood trauma, sisterly bonds, alienation, belonging, acceptance & family. 

Edited by FOCK

Frozen is so boring :rip: 

Lilo & Stitch is one of my fav animated movies ever :gaycat4:

Lolo & Stitch remain unbothered and Stitch went to become one of the bigger Disney characters crossing over to multiple franchises and merchandise at the park and whatever, Frozen 2 sucked and it’s annoying now.

I actually really like both of the films tbh. :doc:

In Frozen's defense, it had a much bigger emphasis on sisterhood than Lilo & Stitch. Lilo & Stitch was more about Lilo and Stitch's relationship along with Stitch's own character development.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.