Lily Allen to star in new comedy-drama series

Miichael

lily-allen-chanel-t.jpg

Pop star Lily Allen is to star in a new Sky comedy drama written by humourist Sharon Horgan.

The singer takes her first lead television role in Dreamland which will begin shooting in the UK in the coming months.

Created by Horgan and made by her production company Merman, the series is based on a 2017 Sky Arts short, Morgana Robinson’s Summer.

It told the story of a woman attending her heavily pregnant sister’s baby shower on a very hot day.

Allen, daughter of the Comic Strip’s Keith Allen, made her acting debut in a 1998 episode of The Yob which starred her father.

She was recently nominated for an Olivier Award for her starring role in her London West End debut in 2:22 A Ghost Story. Allen and Horgan appeared in the film adaptation of Caitlin Moran’s semi-autobiographical novel, How to Build a Girl in 2019.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sharon-horgan-in-dreamland-with-lily-allen-as-her-star-41744008.html

Booked and busy :clap3:

But we also need her to book those studio sessions, so that she can deliver another classic album!

guess ten men isnt coming any time soon :cries:

1 hour ago, kyliefever2002 said:

guess ten men isnt coming any time soon :cries:

she scrapped that title/concept

3 minutes ago, Miichael said:

she scrapped that title/concept

oh the title too? i thought it was just the concept

then its not ever coming for SURE 

Busy as the talented woman she is. :clap3: 

Interesting, I feel like she could really pull of a dark comedy kind of role. I will be perched. 

3 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

But we also need her to book those studio sessions, so that she can deliver another classic album!

This tea. 

6 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

I feel like she could really pull of a dark comedy kind of role.

but also true.

1 hour ago, kyliefever2002 said:

oh the title too? i thought it was just the concept

then its not ever coming for SURE 

I'm sadder she scrapped The Fourth Wall to be honest.

Love this for her but we need MUSIC!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.