The Beyoncé Effect: Robin S. flooded with opportunities after sample

ShouldersSideways

The song barely has 7,6M views on YouTube :rip: 

2 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

You're trying to claim that's bad for a lyric video in 3 days? :rip: Drake's latest music video has 10M in a week. Why would you set yourself up like that? :toofunny3:

7 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Other girls have no issue giving credit to Freedia

This is silly, Big Freedia is credited in the song, just not as a co-lead. And why should they, it’s Beyoncé’s song. Freedia is still getting her coins. 

11 hours ago, professor2000 said:

It’s not a sample I don’t think, it just uses a similar synth.  Lol.  

It is not a sample but Bey made sure to put her in the song's credits. With the Marvin Gaye's lawsuit, you never know. 

-----------

She also made a video and talked to GMA how good it felt that she was trending because of Beyoncé. I love that for her. Bey is rich, she's not going to miss those extra credits. 

5 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

What's the correlation with this thread? 

5 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

This was really less than smart of you to say ?

Drake actual music video has about 10 million and its been out a while 

OT: Congrats to Robin

6 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

It's a lyric video, the music video isn't even out yet

YouTube isn't the same powerhouse it used to be

Its the same synth is that it? It’s not even the same melody, l remember there was a period between 2011 and 2014 where a bunch of songs sampled the Robin S song heavy, most DJ Mustard songs, this one comes to mind immediately 

Anyone who knows anything about music production knows that it's not a sample. The song uses an organ synth that was pretty popular in house music back in the 90s. You can't copyright synth sounds.

3 hours ago, BnPac said:

It is not a sample but Bey made sure to put her in the song's credits. With the Marvin Gaye's lawsuit, you never know. 

-----------

She also made a video and talked to GMA how good it felt that she was trending because of Beyoncé. I love that for her. Bey is rich, she's not going to miss those extra credits. 

Where? I don’t see her or original song’s writers credited on Spotify.  Unless I’m missing something…? 

*edit*

and I’m talking about Robin S, not Big Freedia btw.  

Edited by professor2000

1 hour ago, professor2000 said:

Where? I don’t see her or original song’s writers credited on Spotify.  Unless I’m missing something…? 

*edit*

Fred McFarlane and Allen George are the writers of "Show Me Love" and have songwriting credits. Robin S. didn't write on the song.

How can we be so sure it was not Charli XCX's smash hit "Used To Know Me" that was opening these doors for Ms. S? :gaycat1:

6 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Fred McFarlane and Allen George are the writers of "Show Me Love" and have songwriting credits. Robin S. didn't write on the song.

I don’t see it on Spotify credits, must not be accurate there then. 

I don’t think it counts as a sample but yea it sounds reminiscent that’s why people are now revisiting SML which is a testament of her power 

2 hours ago, professor2000 said:

*edit*

Yes, I am talking about the original writers of her songs. There was a lot circulating with them credited but I indeed don't see their names on Spotify. 

9 hours ago, BnPac said:

What's the correlation with this thread? 

That a song that nobody has listened can not open doors for artists. 

• ATRL Moderator

I'm a huge fan of 90s house and I don't hear a sample, maybe just an inspiration.

When I think of Show Me Love samples, I think of

6 minutes ago, ElectricFrancis said:

Then it has no relevance to this thread, because millions of people have listened to and continue to listen to this song. Why are you doubling down on such a failed attempt at trolling?

2 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

there can be 7.6 million views on a video and all it takes is one...

Kid ink & Chris Brown's Show me didnt open flood gates for her but I'm supposed to believe this song did

very weird how Robin S. is saying this herself and people don't believe her, yet are citing works that made absolutely no noise either for their own content or the sampled content at the time of their release.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.