Are Adele and Beyonce in the same league??

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

lie free poll, DO NOT LIE  

63 members have voted

1. 1. ?????????????

Are they? @Beyonce @Adele @ATRL 

cI2YITd.gif

any off-topic users will be banned and severely warned after I snitch to the mods!!! :rainbow:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue G

• UnusualBoy

• Trent W

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an insult to Adele who debuted with 17 million streams on spotify. Beyonce couldn't even do 50% of it.

Judging by recent release, Beyonce is in the same league as Dua/Katy.

gqCjZq4.gif

Commercially wise they're obviously not. Bey is more acclaimed and respected tho.

they kind of even out each other

Adele is more respected seriously because she adult  music and wider gp listeners

Beyonce is much celebrity popular and dedicated fanbase

Adele takes less effort to slay tho, like she released a piano ballad which smashed like Hello of 2015

Oh gosh no.  Adele could only dream of having a career like Beyoncé. 

2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Commercially wise they're obviously not. Bey is more acclaimed and respected tho.

Average career score on MC: Adele (77), Beyonce (77) 
GF Grammy wins: Adele (6), Beyonce (1). 

Adele is definitely more acclaimed, and she completely demolished Beyonce in terms of commercial success.      

No. Adele flop era outdid anything by Beyonce since 2008.

It’s a case of bigger peak vs longevity 

Beyonce is obviously bigger overall considering how long she has been around and consistent. 

2 minutes ago, blueberries said:

No. Adele flop era outdid anything by Beyonce since 2008.

I mean I would have liked to see the streams comparison if Beyonce released a Halo 2.0 and Adele released a RuPaul inspired house track. So I don't think it's fair to judge them based on their lead singles. 

Commercially? No, though Adele makes music that gets more radio play than Beyoncé these days. Critically speaking, Beyoncé is more respected and revered, and has had a longer career with peaks and valleys (Adele would probably be the first person to tell you that too). Basically they even each other out, though I would say when all is said and done Beyoncé will probably be held in higher esteem 

Honestly yes.

When you're that big, does it make a difference how many streams you're debuting with? It's still ENORMOUS.

Both are able to surprise release and do WELL with extraordinary hype. Both can score grammys with minimal effort.

Rihanna, Beyonce, Adele, and Taylor Swift are all in the same category.

Just now, Brando said:

I mean I would have liked to see the streams comparison if Beyonce released a Halo 2.0 and Adele released a RuPaul inspired house track. So I don't think it's fair to judge them based on their lead singles. 

most of the successful women are REINVENTING

doing Adele, staying the same and being completely ZERO and ABSENT for every 5 years, twice,  then comeback like it's nothing

but smash with 10 weeks #1 is just unparalleled and impressive

Beyoncé is in her 25th year. Adele is in her 15th. Beyoncé in her 15th year in the mainstream changed the music industry with Self Titled. Lets see where miss Adkins is in 2033.

27 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

This is an insult to Adele who debuted with 17 million streams on spotify. Beyonce couldn't even do 50% of it.

Judging by recent release, Beyonce is in the same league as Dua/Katy.

gqCjZq4.gif

Welp.

Looks like Beyonce and Katy are in the same league, which is great IMO

Fan atrl base GIF - Find on GIFER

Beyonce can never have a 1 million debut week album seller so Adele is still miles above beyonce. Adele will bounce back with her next era

5 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Beyoncé is in her 25th year. Adele is in her 15th

The fact that this is a question knowing how long Beyonce been in the game proves she’s in the same league babe 

I guess it's about time to accept the fact that the only pop girl who can surpass/match Adele's success and acclaim is Taylor. Numbers don't lie, babe. 

numbers wise: no

talent wise: no, bey blows her out the water… adele can’t even sing without damaging her vocal cords. and let’s not forget when she had to restart her grammy’s performance bc she was off key :toofunny3:

The fact that it's 2022 and yall still compare ballad singers with multi-talented superstars :rip:

Incredibly thankful Susan Boyle wasn't successful after her debut because we would have to suffer through these same threads if she had succeeded :rip:

:ahh:

Adele wishes!

Adele is the Celine of the 2010s and 2020s while Bey is the MJ/Prince/Tina/Diana of our gen

U pick whatever u prefer.

1 hour ago, Mohit said:

Beyonce can never have a 1 million debut week album seller so Adele is still miles above beyonce. Adele will bounce back with her next era

Bey is also black, wonder how many black artists have achieved that as of late. I wait.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.