Update: Court temporarily blocks FDA JUUL ban, company exploring bankruptcy

Espresso

My man gone be so mad :dancehall3:

:psyduck::psyduck: there's 5000 other products 'kids' can buy that's more accessible than Juul. Sounds like the Phillip Morris check cleared

Edited by xclusivestylesz

who even still uses a juul?:deadbanana4:everyone I know that vaped has moved on to various disposable devices 

Yeah I thought they been done that. I ain’t see anyone JUUL in years. 

This is so stupid. Americas stance on vaping is absolutely wild to me when you can buy vapes in pharmacy’s here and what we know so far says it’s so much better for you than smoking and I know countless people (myself included) who would never have been able to give up smoking without it. 

53 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

who even still uses a juul?:deadbanana4:everyone I know that vaped has moved on to various disposable devices 

Yeah Juuls aren’t great. Elfbars/geek bars are far superior. 

25 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Yeah Juuls aren’t great. Elfbars/geek bars are far superior. 

Juuls had their 1989 era in 2018-2019:coffee2:it all went downhill after they banned mint pods 

27 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

This is so stupid. Americas stance on vaping is absolutely wild to me when you can buy vapes in pharmacy’s here and what we know so far says it’s so much better for you than smoking and I know countless people (myself included) who would never have been able to give up smoking without it. 

I read that their isn’t substantial evidence that shows that vaping is necessarily better outside of the fact that it doesn’t have these unnecessary chemicals that a cigarette will have. It’s a common misconception that led to prior vaping more or picking up vaping even though they would have never done cigarettes. At the end of the day, smoke is smoke, and someone is still susceptible to lung cancer and breathing problems.

1 minute ago, TiaTamera said:

I read that their isn’t substantial evidence that shows that vaping is necessarily better outside of the fact that it doesn’t have these unnecessary chemicals that a cigarette will have. It’s a common misconception that led to prior vaping more or picking up vaping even though they would have never done cigarettes. At the end of the day, smoke is smoke, and someone is still susceptible to lung cancer and breathing problems.

But the US government clearly doesn’t care about the well-being of its citizens when there is a mass shooting pretty much hourly and you can still walk into a Walmart and buy a gun. They’re coming down hard on vaping because it cuts into the profits that the big tobacco companies are used to and even with the ban of vaping and how ridiculously regulated and difficult it has all become it’s never been hard for an underage person to gain access to things like cigarettes and alcohol anyways. I’m not even going to rant about America and it’s attitude with food where everything is full of sugar and supersized. This isn’t for the betterment of the people. 

Future SCOTUS ruling in Juul vs FDA:

The existence of the Food and Drug Administration is an over-reach of executive authority and is therefore unconstitutional.

I dont really feel like reading more into this - anyone with more knowledge know why Juul specifically is being targeted? I'm assuming you can still get other brands?

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

I dont really feel like reading more into this - anyone with more knowledge know why Juul specifically is being targeted? I'm assuming you can still get other brands?

They marketed directly to teenagers with commercials on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, etc. I think I remember them talking about doing this under Trump’s administration too. But naturally there’ll be a conservative backlash due to it being carried out under Biden.

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

They marketed directly to teenagers with commercials on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, etc. I think I remember them talking about doing this under Trump’s administration too. But naturally there’ll be a conservative backlash due to it being carried out under Biden.

Oh wow. First, who the **** greenlit Juul commercials on Nick and CN in this day and age :deadbanana2:

Anyways, I guess that makes sense then. While there's a few strawman's we could throw in to argue health and advertising not being regulated for other products, it is dumbo behavior to advertise ecigs to minors and I'm just shocked it was allowed to happen that deliberately to begin with.

They ban Juul but not the guns that are actually killing the kids out there.... ok

6 hours ago, ConceptD said:

But the US government clearly doesn’t care about the well-being of its citizens when there is a mass shooting pretty much hourly and you can still walk into a Walmart and buy a gun. They’re coming down hard on vaping because it cuts into the profits that the big tobacco companies are used to and even with the ban of vaping and how ridiculously regulated and difficult it has all become it’s never been hard for an underage person to gain access to things like cigarettes and alcohol anyways. I’m not even going to rant about America and it’s attitude with food where everything is full of sugar and supersized. This isn’t for the betterment of the people. 

I don’t disagree with the US having its priorities effed up, I just believe that their needs to be more transparency with vaping, hookah, and pens with CBD/Delta 8/THC. Everyone is chasing at the “healthier” or “better” alternative to something that is a bad habit (smoking). And there are more states trying to legalize THC and something about it is rubbing me the wrong way. This goes into the US having effed up priorities. We’re heading into a recession apparently, markets are down, abs people might be losing their jobs. Mental health care is in the pits, and people are just going to start self medicating. Self medicating will just temporarily fix someone’s mental anguish but won’t take away the root cause of the issue (like not having enough money for food, clothing, and shelter). THC is going to make someone feel good just enough, to where they can be functional members of society, while still dealing with depression because the root causes never went away.

16 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

I don’t disagree with the US having its priorities effed up, I just believe that their needs to be more transparency with vaping, hookah, and pens with CBD/Delta 8/THC. Everyone is chasing at the “healthier” or “better” alternative to something that is a bad habit (smoking). And there are more states trying to legalize THC and something about it is rubbing me the wrong way. This goes into the US having effed up priorities. We’re heading into a recession apparently, markets are down, abs people might be losing their jobs. Mental health care is in the pits, and people are just going to start self medicating. Self medicating will just temporarily fix someone’s mental anguish but won’t take away the root cause of the issue (like not having enough money for food, clothing, and shelter). THC is going to make someone feel good just enough, to where they can be functional members of society, while still dealing with depression because the root causes never went away.

In England vapes are used mainly for their intended purpose of giving up cigarettes though. I know a lot of people that smoke weed but I’ve literally never known anyone to vape THC so maybe it’s just more rampant in the US

I had a feeling there'd be a court injunction or something.

FDA gonna be going the way of the EPA soon. Probably next SCOTUS term if this case gets taken up.

Mess at them banning these e cigarettes no one uses but not banning automatic weapons from being sold in Wal Mart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.