Kim K “Many people didn’t know who Marilyn Monroe is till I wore that dress”

Rv1709

21 minutes ago, davorincek said:

They say this **** on purpose, so they are always talked about. Smart if you ask me. And it gets people pressed. Hating on them makes them money

It's frustrating that people still feed into their cycle of attention whoring despite knowing they just want outrage to stay relevant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• davorincek

• Bey'Knight

• JustHoran

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Is she wrong though? Tiktok zoomers are stupid and ignorant asf.

It’s besides the point and erecting a straw man argument. Are we supposed to believe Kim wore that dress with an altruistic motive? 

Let’s be clear, she was biting into Marilyn’s clout, not the other way around. 

25 minutes ago, davorincek said:

They say this **** on purpose, so they are always talked about. Smart if you ask me. And it gets people pressed. Hating on them makes them money

Agreed. It’s clickbait and it’s how they’ve stayed relevant for the last few years despite bringing absolutely nothing to the table. 

So you destroy her dress. And then claim nobody knew who she was. Honey. **** outta here. And yes please get this woman off of social media 

I believe it, TT isn’t known for having smart people or people who see beyond their noses.

43 minutes ago, Espresso said:

There's been academic research papers written on the fact that they're professional trolls. 

I mean, this isn't some revelation or remotely new info. I'm not saying you're saying it is, but still. 

I didnt know about the paper.. but it makes sense.

And I know I didnt invent this thinking, im just pointing it out, because it is often overlooked

i love how thats literally not what she said :biblio:

I mean she's not wrong that a lot of kids on TikTok are dumb and completely clueless about history. I remember on a video of 9/11 footage there were people in the comments who had no idea when or why it happened :deadbanana:

That’s not what she said and this thread clearly didn’t read past the OP’s incorrect title. :rip:

30 minutes ago, Slap said:

Agreed. It’s clickbait and it’s how they’ve stayed relevant for the last few years despite bringing absolutely nothing to the table. 

True. And this random Pete relationship is working wonders for them lately. Travis and Kourtney too. But soon they will need to come up with sth else, a pregnancy again I guess

mlaredoperez
1 hour ago, TouchinFree said:

This actually pains me . I just hope i live the day where i see her and her family be cancelled and cast out like literal witches. 

She's gotta get canceled. No talent , only known for her enhanced body area disrespecting the woman that had started it all pop culture. 

This. That family is the epitome of vulgar.

I'm gonna need the good sis to keep her mouth shut from now on.

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Is she wrong though? Tiktok zoomers are stupid and ignorant asf.

How tho? Marilyn was just a celebrity, she's not a historical figure that should be known by people. If young people don't know who Christopher Columbus, MLK, Gandhi, Socrates, Diana, Cleopatra, etc. thats dumb bc thats basic history, but  Marilyn was just a celebrity of her time. In 200 years people will know who Trump, Obama, Putin, Elisabeth II, Xi Jinping, etc were bc it will be taught as history but no one will know who Kim was. 

Personally I know who Marilyn was bc of a presentation someone did in my class a couple years ago, but most of my friends and fellow zoomers don't even know her at all. 

Marilyn Monroe's image is literally everywhere. There are always pictures of her on random T-shirts and wall art of her nearly every store you go to. It is iconic and has been imitated time and time again by so many celebrities old and new. If you don't know who she is then you really must live in a bubble tinier than the ones on a roll of bubble wrap. That's like saying you don't know who Elvis Presley is.

I mean people aren't born with the knowledge of Marilyn Monroe is, so they have to discover at some point right.. 

Plus that's not what the text in the OP says anyway 

I know the jokes write themselves at this point but does she genuinely think this? 

2 hours ago, Stardom said:

Did y'all actually read the quote or

2 hours ago, pxxxtrick said:

That’s not what she said and this thread clearly didn’t read past the OP’s incorrect title. :rip:

3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

I mean she's not wrong that a lot of kids on TikTok are dumb and completely clueless about history. I remember on a video of 9/11 footage there were people in the comments who had no idea when or why it happened :deadbanana:

no way :deadbanana2: tho i wonder what the earliest grade level they would be taught that/ appear in their history books 

Edited by Katamari

Not yall giving so lil credit to young generations :rip:

literally serving boomers towards millennials

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.