The most unreasonable chart positions ever?

Fastlane

c7c8fb421e294d31abf83096761c909a.jpg

UK Album Chart: #13

UK Singles Chart:

"Me Against the Music" #2

"Toxic" #1 (for 3 weeks)

"Everytime" #1 (for 2 weeks)

Anything BTS-related

Anything that peaks at #11

Or maybe Mariah's Can't Let Go and Shake It Off #2s

27 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

Or maybe Mariah's Can't Let Go and Shake It Off #2s

Shake It Off was blocked one of the biggest Hot 100 songs ever (WBT), so it's reasonable. 

46 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

c7c8fb421e294d31abf83096761c909a.jpg

UK Album Chart: #13

UK Singles Chart:

"Me Against the Music" #2

"Toxic" #1 (for 3 weeks)

"Everytime" #1 (for 2 weeks)

This is so bizarre :rip: was there a reason for it? Something to do with release strategy maybe?

Edited by Teen Idle

4 minutes ago, Teen Idle said:

This is so bizarre :rip: was there a reason for it? Something to do with release strategy maybe?

It debuted at #14 in a very busy week but it served longevity and peaked at #13 many weeks later thanks to the success of Toxic and Everytime ?

6 minutes ago, Teen Idle said:

It was released in a VERY busy date. In fact, it actually debuted at #14 and peaked #13 in its 34th week. :rip:

Edit: not the post above posting the exact same thing :rip:

Edited by ATWK

ITZ’s peak is so so bizarre to me. It did serve longevity tho since it’s platinum certified and 2X plat eligible iirc. 

i was surprised when i found out whitney's my love is your love album only peaked at bb #13 while it produced so many hit singles 

Edited by pearlmercury

kylies us peaks

they really did not want some talent huh

the ones that are just unbelievable are: x peaking at 139, disco at 26, and basically every single after slow not charting at all 

Basically the majority of Cher's albums:

Cher1970Stills-83.jpg

Billboard 200: #69

Billboard Hot 100:

#1 Dark Lady

#27 Train of Thought

Chercher.jpg

Billboard 200: #32

Billboard Hot 100:

#10 I Found Someone

#14 We All Sleep Alone

Cherhofs.jpg

Billboard 200: #10

Billboard Hot 100:

#3 If I Could Turn Back Time

#8 Just Like Jesse James

#20 Heart of Stone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxmTo95wDC3mn-S5qLVfe

Its All Coming Back To Me Now being blocked at No. 1 for 5 consecutive weeks by Macarena in the US ?

Kiss It Better peaking at #62. That song felt like a number one hit.

Toxic - #9

I'm a Slave 4 U - #27

Overprotected - #86

Britney’s album peaks in the UK are so weird lol and her US single peaks are too. 

Janet's Together Again peaking at #2 for 10 non-consecutive weeks in France. :deadbanana4:

That's The Way Love Goes peaking at #2 in the UK while the #1 "single" was actually a George Michael EP. It charted on the albums chart of every other country. :rip:

1 hour ago, yamiyuuuu said:

It debuted at #14 in a very busy week but it served longevity and peaked at #13 many weeks later thanks to the success of Toxic and Everytime ?

1 hour ago, ATWK said:

It was released in a VERY busy date. In fact, it actually debuted at #14 and peaked #13 in its 34th week. :rip:

Edit: not the post above posting the exact same thing :rip:

Omg I just looked, not there being 6 new entries above it :deadbanana2: that's unfortunate! I remember the era really well though, much more than her self titled

Edited by Teen Idle

41 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Britney’s album peaks in the UK are so weird lol and her US single peaks are too. 

I realised she has never had a UK #1 album wtf :deadbanana: At the same time her singles were snatching top 3s in the UK during her prime but they were barely making the top 10 in the US if they even managed to 

36 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

I realised she has never had a UK #1 album wtf :deadbanana: At the same time her singles were snatching top 3s in the UK during her prime but they were barely making the top 10 in the US if they even managed to 

Yep and despite that her albums were outselling tons of other albums that got the #1

47 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Everytime was a #1 uk hit? damn :rip: 

The song was huge back then. Not surprised tbh.

Madonna's Holiday peaked at #16. Always thought it was one of her 12 #1 hits because it feels like one.

Also Lady Gaga's Paparazzi, which I had thought was a #1 for a long time peaked at a more measly #6. Likely because it was being cut short by Bad Romance which came out a month later.

13 minutes ago, besaid said:

Madonna's Holiday peaked at #16. Always thought it was one of her 12 #1 hits because it feels like one.

Holiday peaked at #16?? :psyduck:

I'm shocked, i mean i knew it didn't go #1 but how is that song not a top 10 single, it's one of Madonna's biggest classics :psyduck:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.