Is "taking time to love an album" the best music experience?

Bencharmer

You know... When an album gets realised, you hate it. Then 2/4/5/10 years later your opinion suddendly changes.

That album you hated becomes a new classic to you.

People glorifies the "i LoVeD tHat AlBuM wHen EvEryBodY hAtEd It" but there's something powerful about realising your taste changed. :rainbow:

It took me almost ten years to fully appreciate ARTPOP but it's wonderful cause i appreciate it on a different level now.

Edited by Bencharmer

I felt this way with Lemonade. It didn't click with me on first (or second or third) listen, but over the years I have come to recognize what an absolutely amazing album it is, and is now one of my all time favs.

Yeah, I like to write small reviews about my favourite albums at the end of each year.

And I've been casually asked to write longer reviews for a local website, throughout the year.

But I don't think I would enjoy that. I need those extra months to make up my mind about the music.

It’s true I hated positions, but now it’s one of my fav albums 

2 hours ago, Bencharmer said:

You know... When an album gets realised, you hate it. Then 2/4/5/10 years later your opinion suddendly changes.

That album you hated becomes a new classic to you.

People glorifies the "i LoVeD tHat AlBuM wHen EvEryBodY hAtEd It" but there's something powerful about realising your taste changed. :rainbow:

It took me almost ten years to fully appreciate ARTPOP but it's wonderful cause i appreciate it on a different level now.

Yes I hated Lemonade until 2 yrs later

As a Britney fan I actually didn’t like Blackout that much at the time because it wasn’t poppy enough but I later repented for my sins and it’s one of my favorites :gaycatney6:

Also I thought Damita Jo was a breathy whispery mess at the time and now I see it for the classique that it is. :gaynetcat4:

Beyonce’s 4 grew on me massively after I was initially put off by Run the World (Gorlz)

Sometimes classics aren’t instant because they’re groundbreaking and different, they challenge us to open our minds and ears to new things. 

Edited by Slap

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.