"Stupid Love" oustreamed "Break My Soul" on Spotify first day. Surprised.

Gagacharts

57 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

It’s literally stated that Spotify now filters after 20 plays while it used to be 10. Beyoncé would definitely have been filtered more if she released in 2020. Would it have been an extra 1 million filtered? It’s literally anyone’s guess. 

Thanks!

Today spotify number will be a mess either way

chiliam

Not bad for an Instagram bio song on a Tuesday competing with a New Music Friday exposed release + music video  :gaycat5:

i’m not surprised. they’re both awful but SL is the lesser of two evils :jonny5:

Arent streaming numbers always biggest on Fridays and Saturdays?

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

wow, another L for beyonce after spirit and alive

zMloped.gif

Neck and neck numbers with Spotify but Beyoncé destroyed Gaga is Apple Music streams.

2 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

It’s literally stated that Spotify now filters after 20 plays while it used to be 10. Beyoncé would definitely have been filtered more if she released in 2020. Would it have been an extra 1 million filtered? It’s literally anyone’s guess. 

So that would be a x2 factor so that would put it at 600k VS 1.4M. One is still doubling the other and more. 

Yes, that's the take away from this thread : more fake streams had to be getting rid of from SL. 

Edited by BnPac

6 minutes ago, BnPac said:

So that would be a x2 factor so that would put it at 600k VS 1.4M. One is still doubling the other and more. 

Yes, that's the take away from this thread : more fake streams had to be getting rid of from SL. 

? That’s not how it works... 

If everyone streamed BMS 20 times exactly in 2022 = 0 streams would be filtered. 
If everyone streamed BMS 20 times exactly in 2021 = 50% of streams (~2.7M) would be filtered. 

I’m not even interested in claiming that Stupid Love had the bigger debut but your logic is just completely incorrect :rip:

It is impossible to know how many more streams would be filtered if the limit was 10 streams/day. It is not a simple 2X multiplication though. 

Edited by Both Sides Now

:bibliahh:

Learn how to lose and be good losers, Monsters.

35 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

:bibliahh:

Learn how to lose and be good losers, Monsters.

You won't erase 1.5m from SL  just because your fav couldn't archive the same. :bibliahh:

SL outstreamed BMS, deal with it :gayriahcat2:

Just now, Rhiannon said:

You won't erase 1.5m from SL  just because your fav couldn't archive the same. :bibliahh:

SL outstreamed BMS, deal with it :gayriahcat2:

Go ahead and complain to charts for not counting unfiltered streams.

It’s been rough for you, wbk.

Just now, abrahamjmr said:

Go ahead and complain to charts for not counting unfiltered streams.

It’s been rough for you, wbk.

Go ahead and complain to Spotify for counting both unfiltered and filtered in the counter! :bibliahh:

It's been rough for you, wbk.:fan:

3 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

? That’s not how it works... 

If everyone streamed BMS 20 times exactly in 2022 = 0 streams would be filtered. 
If everyone streamed BMS 20 times exactly in 2021 = 50% of streams (~2.7M) would be filtered. 

I’m not even interested in claiming that Stupid Love had the bigger debut but your logic is just completely incorrect :rip:

It is impossible to know how many more streams would be filtered if the limit was 10 streams/day. It is not a simple 2X multiplication though. 

Ok but that's false anyway. 

See below. 

6 minutes ago, Machete said:

This thread is a mess and has misinformation on both sides.

I saw someone boldly lie that Spotify is less harsh on filtering now, going from max 10 to max 20, when that is the complete OPPOSITE. It’s max 10 now when it used to be max 20…

It's indeed weird to think Spotify would be less strict now with the controversy of BTS' fans. 

7 hours ago, mylicious said:

who cares, SL was a bad Song 

It really is and my fellow Monsters need to stop trying to make SL a event.

6 hours ago, besaid said:

So the Hive is lying about outstreaming a song that flopped? 

Yes and making a argument that unfiltered streams is what matters more. :gaycat6:

The mental gymnastics from The monsters are out of control :gaycat2: 

1 hour ago, BnPac said:

Ok but that's false anyway. 

See below. 

It's indeed weird to think Spotify would be less strict now with the controversy of BTS' fans. 

But where is @Machetegetting that information? This isn’t published anywhere by Spotify. The “10 plays per day” and “20 plays per day” are what fans think it is. In reality, it’s probably more complex than that….

But as far as I understand, “filtering” has gotten more lenient. 

Look at the filtered vs unfiltered streams of BTS releases from 2021 to 2022. :

It went from 44-48% filtered in 2021 to 23% filtered for 2022. Are BTS getting more organic and GP driven? Hell no. The filtering system changed at some point. In general for all songs, the counter and the chart align a lot more in 2022.

In reality, BMS is probably doing better than SL but the way people are just saying **** with nothing to back it up. Beyoncé has a big fanbase, you would expect at least as much fan spamming as Gaga, no? :skull:

1 hour ago, Both Sides Now said:

But where is @Machetegetting that information? This isn’t published anywhere by Spotify. The “10 plays per day” and “20 plays per day” are what fans think it is. In reality, it’s probably more complex than that….

But as far as I understand, “filtering” has gotten more lenient. 

Look at the filtered vs unfiltered streams of BTS releases from 2021 to 2022. :

It went from 44-48% filtered in 2021 to 23% filtered for 2022. Are BTS getting more organic and GP driven? Hell no. The filtering system changed at some point. In general for all songs, the counter and the chart align a lot more in 2022.

In reality, BMS is probably doing better than SL but the way people are just saying **** with nothing to back it up. Beyoncé has a big fanbase, you would expect at least as much fan spamming as Gaga, no? :skull:

BTS stans literally spent hours doing testing on MULTIPLE charts WW to discover that the max is now 10.

Also an article from Music Business Worldwide confirmed the current 10 cap:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210909143108/https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/drakes-certified-lover-boy-spotify-and-the-destruction-of-the-concept-of-the-all-dominant-superstar/

I love both girls so I have no reason to lie. But please come correct with your information…

7 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Go ahead and complain to Spotify for counting both unfiltered and filtered in the counter! :bibliahh:

It's been rough for you, wbk.:fan:

It hasn’t, actually. Specially after seeing how Break My Soul remained stable while Stupid Love freefell on day two. By the way, Spotify charts don’t count unfiltered streams and the same way goes to official charts around the world. You can stay crying while Break My Soul continues to outperform Stupid Love. :sistrens:

1 hour ago, Machete said:

BTS stans literally spent hours doing testing on MULTIPLE charts WW to discover that the max is now 10.

Also an article from Music Business Worldwide confirmed the current 10 cap:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210909143108/https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/drakes-certified-lover-boy-spotify-and-the-destruction-of-the-concept-of-the-all-dominant-superstar/

I love both girls so I have no reason to lie. But please come correct with your information…

Yes but this is from 2021? Where’s the source that it used to be 20/day? Frankly, “Music Business Worldwide” probably got this from stan Twitter. No one actually knows how they are filtered except Spotify. 

…I’m also not claiming it’s 10/day or 20/day but the trend is that less streams are filtered now. You can see that with the BTS streams I posted and new releases in general. Again, it’s not even necessarily a bad thing to have 20% filtered. It shows a decent-sized fanbase. 

Anyway, I love both too :skull:

Liddos trying it with an instant viral success while their fave's two-month old single has yet to crack the Top 40 with a music video and summer blockbuster hype :rip:

9 hours ago, BnPac said:

are you struggling with logic ? ....you can't know how many people streams between 10-20 and to use a ratio of 0.5 is straight dumb when its not a linear evolution ..

12 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

No it wasn’t? Lol I’m not even a monster and bop to SL

Lol you don't have to be a monster to have bad taste, SL is horrid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.