"Stupid Love" oustreamed "Break My Soul" on Spotify first day. Surprised.

Gagacharts

So, I created this thread because there are many users on this page who don´t exactly know how Spotify works and make false statements in many other threads.

First day debute on Spotify:

Stupid Love - 5.651.690

Break My Soul - 5.463.454

Therse are the overall numbers that the songs gained on the first day. These are also the numbers that matter for certifications and charts in general.

The spotify charts only counted 10 streams per user per day when SL debuted and now counts 20 streams per user per day. That´s one reason why the gap between the counter update and the Spotify chart update was huge for SL and smaller for BMS

So, here is another example of someone not knowing how Spotify works:

2 minutes ago, HappierJealousy said:

Wow, so more people skip the song at the first 30s when listening SL? Not Surprised!

Both the Spotify charts and the counter only count a stream, when someone listens to a song for at least 30 seconds. So if you skip a song before that, your stream won´t be counted to the charts and counter.

Edited by Gagacharts

Well... :rip: 

Lord this is gonna backfire I already see it coming- first day streams don’t really mean anything - and we know SL dropped quickly and it was only a mid size hit (if that)

Leave Beyoncé alone and wait to see where the song goes in a few weeks (especially after the video)

??

it also wasnt on spotify the first day of release....what are the first day youtube numbers for both?

Wow, so more people skip the song at the first 30s when listening SL? Not Surprised!:clap3:

Just now, mylicious said:

who cares, SL was a bad Song 

No it wasn’t? Lol I’m not even a monster and bop to SL

OT: Why is there 4 of these threads 

Wasn't Gaga coming off a re-peak (allegedly), only for a 200k gap with an artist whose career is much older than hers? :skull: 

18 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Stupid Love - 5.651.690

Break My Soul - 5.463.454

Oh wow, look at that gigantic gap. How will Beyoncé ever recover? :dancehall:

Just now, Robyn. said:

Wasn't Gaga coming off a re-peak (allegedly), only for a 200k gap with an artist whose career is much older than hers? :skull: 

Dangerously in love came out in 2003 and The Fame 2008 ???  that’s less time from lemonade to Renaissance. 

12 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Lord this is gonna backfire I already see it coming

Well, I also don´t expect that SL will perform better than BMS. This was just for all the threads made yesterday about SL beeing outstsreamed by BMS on its first day.

So basically, Stupid Love's numbers are just coming from stans playing the song on repeat (1,4M of filtered streams), while Beyoncé is being streamed by the GP (only 300k filtered streams)? Is that the take away message of the thread? 

Looks like Beyoncé is on track to have much better longevity then (although that wouldn't be too hard).

Oh MY! 

Can't believe certified flop Lady Gaga and her disastrous bomb lead single outstreamed :eek: 

13 minutes ago, Klein said:

So basically, Stupid Love's numbers are just coming from stans playing the song on repeat (1,4M of filtered streams), while Beyoncé is being streamed by the GP (only 300k filtered streams)? Is that the take away message of the thread? 

Looks like Beyoncé is on track to have much better longevity then (although that wouldn't be too hard).

I’m not sure if the OP is correct but that’s not the takeaway of this thread :skull:

It’s literally stated that Spotify now filters after 20 plays while it used to be 10. Beyoncé would definitely have been filtered more if she released in 2020. Would it have been an extra 1 million filtered? It’s literally anyone’s guess. 

So the Hive is lying about outstreaming a song that flopped? 

Gaga has mostly been a frontloaded artist since BTW though and always had solid first week numbers for her lead singles and albums. SL only charted for 10 weeks didnt it despite debuting top10? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.