Barbie and Ken seen on Set looking like dolls ?

Lover

Trevor Donovan wasn’t available? 

donovanken.jpg

Trevor-Donovan-modeled-for-brands-like-S

MV5BZGY1ZTkzMmItNGE4MC00NTkwLThjNzgtOGE0

This movie isn’t winning an Oscar, so you might as well typecast. It’s going to bomb anyway. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharapov

• hindsight

• orange22

• katara

On 6/23/2022 at 1:42 AM, The7thStranger said:

I feel like this movie is going to be an iconic mess.

It better be the kind of kid's movie that adults read entirely differently. There is... a lot going on here.

i'm 100% sure this will not be a kid's movie.

bad casting for ken

they should’ve hired mileys ex husband

maybe this Ken is an unhappy closeted pnp gay who cheats on Barbie with twinks and that's why he's uglee

4sUXMDX.gif

these ugly white men y'all are posting here lmao

Aaron Taylor Johnson the only good looking one but idk if he would look good with the Ken look

4sUXMDX.gif

They shouldve got Zac Efron to play Ken

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

these ugly white men y'all are posting here lmao

lulu.thumb.gif.3ed4e3bb3b044f715854a1e45

That Ken looks like Arnold's grandfather

People not getting that this is going to be a satire :rip:

And a Greta + Noah satire 

I don't get the comments in here

Are these the same ATRL users who were crying when internet users trashed Halle for playing Ariel? 

Like you guys are not much different :deadbanana2:

On 6/23/2022 at 2:42 AM, The7thStranger said:

I feel like this movie is going to be an iconic mess.

It better be the kind of kid's movie that adults read entirely differently. There is... a lot going on here.

I don't think its a kid's movie at all tho

This will likely be a satire and Ryan's Ken is probably like a tossed away/older one that didn't fit the mold... if y'all can't see it then IDK what to tell you

I thought I read that they’re only playing one version of Barbie and Ken in a timeline, and that there’d be others, of different appearance and ethnicities? 

I’m keen to know the rest of the cast. 

The way I'm the only one who thinks Ryan looks so good in this one 

How I imagined Ryan Gosling as Ken vs. how it’s looking so far is really throwing me for a loop :redface:

Glenn Powell, Chace Crawford, Travis Van Winkle, Charlie Hunnam, Ryan Reynolds, etc. all come to mind as better options for Ken but I also would have said Ryan Gosling was a good choice before all these photos. 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, TheDreamer said:

Ryan feels miscast here

Maybe that's the point ?!?

If they go on the satire road maybe he will portray a basic 40yo white man who still thinks he's 20 and, during the whole movie, acts like anything he does is "validable" until the woke characters arrive ?!?

Ryan Gosling is a brooding actor. This camp styling makes him 100 years older and an eyesore lol.

Margot looks amazing though.

Edited by akoaytao1234

I can't believe I've lived to see the day where people are calling Ryan Gosling ugly. I always felt alone in thinking he was a bit homely, and never understood why anyone thought he was a major heartthrob or whatever. :psyduck: The bar is usually in hell when it comes to who is considered hot among yt men celebs.

That said, he might be funny in this, so I wouldn't reject the idea of him being Ken so quickly as some of you all.:michael: (Though I doubt he'll be as great as Toy Story's/Michael Keaton's version of Ken).

I think Ryan Gosling was bad casting for this, but the styling and make up definitely is the worst offender here. They should have got a young actor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.