Titanic | February 10 | 25th anniversary rerelease

mystery

17 hours ago, mystery said:

A 3D version then came out in 2012.

This is why a re-release is unnecessary.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Oktober Knight

• Totami Legend

• Sergi91

16 hours ago, Legacy said:

Kate and Leo are probably mad at this lmao.

Why?

2 minutes ago, prézli said:

So? This will give a new generation a chance to see this classic in cinemas, it is something everybody deserves to experience.

2 hours ago, prézli said:

the tiktok kids will be perched and ready to make pov videos and reality shifting videos for jack dawson

gif.thumb.gif.8b2e8a4fa3a47a7ad8c37b2ea9

Many ppl don’t know this but Whitney & Brandy was offered the theme song that Celine ended up getting first but both artist turn it down because they were in the middle of a era promoting their albums.

Maybe I’ll go check what’s the hype has been all about for the past forever...

1 hour ago, Power love said:

Many ppl don’t know this but Whitney & Brandy was offered the theme song that Celine ended up getting first but both artist turn it down because they were in the middle of a era promoting their albums.

There is no source for this. Right after he wrote the melody Horner sent it to Simon Franglen who was assisting with the film score. Will Jennings wrote the lyrics for it along with Horner.

Simon already worked on major Celine songs and approached Rene for Celine to record the song. She initially refused but was convinced to do it by Rene. Whitney and Brandy were never offered the song and the only other artist that was in consideration to do it was Sissel Kyrkjebø.

As an alternative in case Celine didn't want it, Sissel was scheduled to record the song as well but in the end Horner decided to go with Celine because he felt like it had big potential to boost her career and that he owed her that.

Sissel was the iconic main vocal for the entire movie soundtrack and shows up in many portions of the movie, people sometimes mistake the soundtrack vocal as Celine when it is not. Celine only contributed to My Heart Will Go On which only comes in the end credits.

Edited by mystery

wasn't it already remastered? I watched it last year and it was already perfection

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Everything about this is a lie. Walter Afanasieff (producer of MHWGO) said it himself that “There was no version existing except for a tiny little piano vocal demo that Céline had done with Horner.” The song wasn't offered to anyone but her.

Horner made the song without everyone knowing, when he played it to Franglen, he only had Céline in mind and asked if the song would work on her (Dion once auditioned for one of his songs but Linda Ronstadt ended up getting it). So Horner himself went to see Céline & Rene to convince them to do it. Céline recorded (a demo) in one take, everyone in the studio was so impressed (crying too) that it ended up being the official ones we hear today.

Horner had the demo cassette for weeks and waited for the perfect time to present it to James Cameron (who initially didn't want a pop song for his film). But when he heared it, he eventually agreed to include it.

Link to the story of the song

Edited by ninetiesceline

Yasss I’ll be watching this

MHWGO is about to go viral :clap3:

Cameron ready to dethrone Avengers: Frontloaded Game once again. :clap3:

3 hours ago, ninetiesceline said:

Everything about this is a lie. Walter Afanasieff (producer of MHWGO) said it himself that “There was no version existing except for a tiny little piano vocal demo that Céline had done with Horner.” The song wasn't offered to anyone but her.

Horner made the song without everyone knowing, when he played it to Franglen, he only had Céline in mind and asked if the song would work on her (Dion once auditioned for one of his songs but Linda Ronstadt ended up getting it). So Horner himself went to see Céline & Rene to convince them to do it. Céline recorded (a demo) in one take, everyone in the studio was so impressed (crying too) that it ended up being the official ones we hear today.

Horner had the demo cassette for weeks and waited for the perfect time to present it to James Cameron (who initially didn't want a pop song for his film). But when he heared it, he eventually agreed to include it.

Link to the story of the song

Yup all of this is true.

This part of the article you linked is hilarious to me: 

I’ve never said this before, but I never met James Horner until we stood onstage together at the Grammys. I came into the process from the first point that they decided to make a big radio single. There was no version existing except for a tiny little piano vocal demo that Céline had done with Horner. To be very honest, I didn’t really get it. I thought it was a very simple song that just meandered. It was a little dreary. Epic Records called me and said, “Well, do what you can.”

I arranged and produced it. Céline did her vocals with me. She did one take on the demo that you hear in the movie. But whenever you’re talking about the big single — which is what’s on her album, the song that won the Grammy Award for record of the year — that’s what we’re ­talking about. I can’t agree to all of these other cockamamie, one-take stories.

Afanasieff is so salty that James Horner has producer credit on the Let's Talk About Love version of the song. It is dumb because the "big pop single" Walter claims to have made solo uses the demo as the base and keeps all production elements as the movie version just embellished. He is talking like he made the song from scratch and that it was big because of him which is not true when Horner made the melody and lyrics and Jennings wrote the lyrics as well. 

Like this is not just a "tiny little piano demo". Especially not with the big orchestral part at the end.

His claim that Celine rerecorded the song with him again is also a lie, Celine only recorded it once for the demo and that is the vocal version they went with. “I sang the song once and they built the orchestra around it. I never re-sang it for the recording. So the demo is the actual recording” ARTICLE 

If anything she most likely did some additional vocal runs for his version but not the entire song.

He is talking like he made the song from scratch and that it was big because of him which is not true when Horner made the melody and lyrics and Jennings wrote the lyrics as well. What he did was basically remix the song, not create it. Kind of shameful how he tried to slander and take credit for something Horner created especially as he already passed by the time of the interview. 

The movie version that plays in the credits and that Horner created is the best version of the song and actually has a timeless melancholic sound in comparison to Walter's, which sounds dated. 

Edited by mystery

My sister and I saw it in 2012 because we never got to see it in theaters when it first came out in the 90s. I remember being extra exited because I read somewhere there was a scene towards the end that got reshot but it turned out to just be the stars at night to reflect how they really looked when titanic sank :dies:

So we are finally getting the 4k release on blu ray.

I will be seated as I did for the 2012 re-release. A life changing experience.

gif.thumb.gif.8b2e8a4fa3a47a7ad8c37b2ea9

On 6/23/2022 at 4:46 AM, ksmith said:

Saw this in 3D in 2012 and **** was life changing lmao. Seen it so many times but getting to see it on the big screen elevates it to a high degree. Can't wait to go back.

This.

• 6 months later...

The way that trailer gave me CHILLS :jonny5:

I'm READYYYYYYYYY to (re)watch the greatest film EVER :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

they used my fav soundtrack piece for the trailer :clownny:

ulqszu38n9ba1.jpg

this is atrocious :deadbanana4:

53 minutes ago, mystery said:

ulqszu38n9ba1.jpg

OMG

:jonny5:

i love this movie so much. I can't wait!:weeps:

@BNF91 how much are we thinking this can add to its global gross? The previous rerelease was huge!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.