Titanic | February 10 | 25th anniversary rerelease

mystery

‘Titanic’: Remastered Version Set For Theatrical Release In Time For Valentine’s Day 2023

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of James Cameron’s Titanic, the multiple Oscar winner and box office phenomenon has been set for a fresh theatrical release just in time for Valentine’s Day next year. A remastered version will be available in cinemas in 3D 4K HDR and high-frame rate with Disney releasing internationally beginning February 10, 2023, Deadline has confirmed. Paramount has domestic rights and is expected to also set its date in the coming days.

A 3D version then came out in 2012. In total, Titanic is the No. 3 movie ever at the global box office with $2.2B. Of that, $659.4M is from North America and $1.542B from overseas. Cameron’s Avatar is the top movie of all time worldwide.

The 3D rerelease in 2012 for hundredth anniversary of the sinking grossed 350m worldwide making it the highest grossing rerelease of all time. What kind of gross do you think it can pick up 11 years later?

I recommend everyone to go see it in the cinema if they haven't, it is a completely different and even more stunning experience. I saw it for the first time in the cinema with the 2012 rerelease and it was like I was truly seeing it for the first time.

NEW TRAILER:

ANNIVERSARY POSTER:
h2vq6z27l9ba1.jpg

Edited by mystery

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Oktober Knight

• Da Vinci

• ninetiesceline

Ooop, another excellency from miss James Cameron

Poor marvel

Auq8KAw.gif

I had no idea that there was a 2012 rerelease, but I will certainly be there for this rerelease. I've seen it so many times but never on the big screen, it must be something truly special and cinematic in the movie theater.

5 minutes ago, kandicha said:

I had no idea that there was a 2012 rerelease, but I will certainly be there for this rerelease. I've seen it so many times but never on the big screen, it must be something truly special and cinematic in the movie theater.

This. If I had known about it in 2012 I would have been there so quick. I remember the first time I watched this movie when I was pretty young and I was GAGGED. I’d always heard about it at this big romantic tearjerker but I was watching it like “THIS IS CINEMA.”

I’m psyched. James Cameron making more of those dollar bills. :clap3: I’ll be there

Kate and Leo are probably mad at this lmao.

Anyway I'll run to the theater. I want to finally be able to experience this masterpiece on the big screen.

Saw this in 3D in 2012 and **** was life changing lmao. Seen it so many times but getting to see it on the big screen elevates it to a high degree. Can't wait to go back.

Im so tired of this re-release but I for sure gonna be sitting in the cinema to watch it

Avatar re-release starting September, Avatar 2 release in December, Titanic re-release in February :deadbanana4:

James Cameron was smart to disappear for a decade after Avatar peaked in 2010 to avoid overexposure and to just focus on his cute submarine trips

Now he's back with a vengeance and he's gonna make SURE Avatar isn't "forgotten, absent from pop culture" :skull:

And Kate Winslet is in both lol

1 hour ago, Power love said:

This is such a terrible It’ idea:biblio:

The first rerelease made 350m and everyone deserves to see this classic in the cinema. It is a great idea.

gif.thumb.gif.8b2e8a4fa3a47a7ad8c37b2ea9

Edited by mystery

forever a classic

Queen Kate keeps winning :cm:

Literally who is asking for this. I hope it flops like morbious 

Coming for highest grossing movie of all time for a third time :clap3:

I'm very excited for this though. I'm sure it'll look fantastic.

As long as it keeps adding up to its stolen record Idgaf how many times they have to rerelease it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.